Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 3, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #19,621 of 62,680
@Ziggomatic - if either of your TWS has the option to control volume, try enabling the "Disable absolute volume" option and then manually bumping each ear bud's volume to max via the controls on each earbud.

Thanks. Yeah, I've messed with this setting a lot and never heard any difference. Tried again just now. Unpaired the headphones, restarted the phone, etc. No difference.

Feb 3, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #19,622 of 62,680
New to TWS headphones. I'm on my second set. Just got the Soundmagic TWS50 after trying out the Haylou GTS1 Plus. I think both sound pretty good, but I like to listen to music loud. Neither goes loud enough with my Samsung S10e. If I crank it all the way up I can get to just adequate listening levels.

I've done a bit of research online, and I could be wrong, but there doesn't seem like much I can do to fix this. I tried fiddling with some of the developer options, but nothing worked. What a silly problem.

At this point I'm going to try and rely on you good people to point me towards a set that sounds good and gets proper loud. Any ideas?
@Ziggomatic - if either of your TWS has the option to control volume, try enabling the "Disable absolute volume" option and then manually bumping each ear bud's volume to max via the controls on each earbud.
Thanks. Yeah, I've messed with this setting a lot and never heard any difference. Tried again just now. Unpaired the headphones, restarted the phone, etc. No difference.

Does your S10E have a safe volume limit setting that can be disabled?

Otherwise you may need to try a different TWS. My Mavin Air-XR I listen to at volume #1 (of 16) on TWS and about 75% volume on phone. This is with that absolute BT volume control disabled. This is in a quiet environment at home, if out I only go up to 2 or 3 of 16.

How long do you listen for? What environment? If you haven't lost any hearing yet you may want to try changing to listening at normal speaking volumes (don't make the mistake the rest of us may have made lol).

You could also try foam tips which will increase isolation (and bass possibly) so the music itself seems louder.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #19,623 of 62,680
Feb 3, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #19,624 of 62,680
Just received the Aufo M1.
20200203_181324.jpg
Mixed first impressions. Punchy bass, good soundstage and detail, but unfortunately there is some fuzzy distortion like a vinyl record, less noticeable at higher volumes or busier tracks, but more so with pianos. Supports AAC despite some reviewers saying they don't. Similar design to Anbes 359/BE30/Kissral R18, but shorter nozzle and different 3-pin layout. Transparency mode is quite clear, but is metallic and hisses a lot. It also dips down the music volume (some people may prefer this but I'd rather turn down the music volume myself). Case has USB Type-C charging (true connection supported) and Qi charging.

EDIT: These have short nozzles and longer tips may fit the buds but won't fit in to the carrying case. Anything like Jabra 65t or Earfun Free tips will fit in the case. I switched to the Earfun Free tips, which stay put in my ears much better and isolate very well. However, the right bud does have a fair bit of driver flex and pressure.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #19,625 of 62,680
Does your S10E have a safe volume limit setting that can be disabled?

Otherwise you may need to try a different TWS. My Mavin Air-XR I listen to at volume #1 (of 16) on TWS and about 75% volume on phone. This is with that absolute BT volume control disabled. This is in a quiet environment at home, if out I only go up to 2 or 3 of 16.

How long do you listen for? What environment? If you haven't lost any hearing yet you may want to try changing to listening at normal speaking volumes (don't make the mistake the rest of us may have made lol).

You could also try foam tips which will increase isolation (and bass possibly) so the music itself seems louder.

No volume limit.

Kind of a head scratcher. I was sure there was a setting I could tweak, because why make an audio device that doesn't get loud? I don't get it.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Feb 3, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #19,626 of 62,680
New to TWS headphones. I'm on my second set. Just got the Soundmagic TWS50 after trying out the Haylou GTS1 Plus. I think both sound pretty good, but I like to listen to music loud. Neither goes loud enough with my Samsung S10e. If I crank it all the way up I can get to just adequate listening levels.

I've done a bit of research online, and I could be wrong, but there doesn't seem like much I can do to fix this. I tried fiddling with some of the developer options, but nothing worked. What a silly problem.

At this point I'm going to try and rely on you good people to point me towards a set that sounds good and gets proper loud. Any ideas?
With all my TWS, I listen loud at a minimum of 75% to 80% (Apple Music off an iPhone XR). All my TWS except for the Whizzer WA11 where 70% is the absolute maximum I can withstand.

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #19,627 of 62,680

Try maxing the volume on the phone first, then full reset the TWS. I have similar experience with two of my TWS that uses realtek chipset (the QCYT1C and T5). Usually after reset, it would increase in volume.

Feb 4, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #19,628 of 62,680
Has anyone else noticed that their orders on AliExpress done during last sale and ‘please wait for us being done with CNY until Feb 3’ have all been bumped up for another 15 days???

DDEAB453-05BB-45E6-B1A9-9D2B592E333A.jpeg

I guess this is virus related (ppl having trouble traveling back to work and such)

while I can totally understand that they have other / more important problems right now, a message / announcement would have been nice.
And this being said, THIS particular order has shipped out today ... very curious about this one ... the only other TWS I have in the pipeline currently is a backup pair of X12, but that crummy seller used BPost, and their reviews are just as shady as SunYou ... ordered 12/22, left country on 1/10 and then 9 minutes later 'handed over to postal operator of destination country and it will be delivered in a few days' ... that was 4 weeks ago, no new tracking number, no mention of which operator handed over ... I am already counting that as another dispute / loss.

Feb 4, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #19,629 of 62,680
Just received these today and have been listening for the past few hours.
I'm not sure if they have been mentioned prior to this, I did a search on the thread but it turned up blank.

I find that they are right up there in sound quality with my favorite bluetooth headphone, the SoundSurge 46.
Detailed specs are hard to find, they aren't even listed on the official website for some reason.

No issues or problems so far, the feature set and overall build quality seems very good for this price range.

TaoTronics SoundLiberty 79

If they are built anything like the over-ears, then I'm positive they'll last a while (my SS46 took a beating on a trip to Italy last month), but only time will tell I guess.

20200204_010231.jpg 20200204_010328.jpg 20200204_010354.jpg

Feb 4, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #19,630 of 62,680
And this being said, THIS particular order has shipped out today ... very curious about this one ... the only other TWS I have in the pipeline currently is a backup pair of X12, but that crummy seller used BPost, and their reviews are just as shady as SunYou ... ordered 12/22, left country on 1/10 and then 9 minutes later 'handed over to postal operator of destination country and it will be delivered in a few days' ... that was 4 weeks ago, no new tracking number, no mention of which operator handed over ... I am already counting that as another dispute / loss.
I happily pay for AliExpress shipping whenever available, I find it the most reliable. Looking up for your impressions, you ordered a backup pair of sabbat x12? Is it really that good?

Feb 4, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #19,631 of 62,680
Just returning my MW07+ as I was walking through Waterlooo Station last night and they were cutting out BIG TIME, like unusable stuttering and cuts. As I'll be using these for commuting, that is unacceptable; the MW07 never had issues like this. That along with the lack of guarantee from M&D about enabling AAC, I just don't think they're worth the price. Trying out the B&W PX5 instead now.

Feb 4, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #19,632 of 62,680
I got a set of the Misodiko foam eartips to try them out. They sound great with my Liberty Pro 2 and Tranya B530 Pro, but they do the same thing I've had every set of foam eartips do; they stay in my ears when I pull the buds out. I end up having to pull them out with a pair of tweezers... I know they're on the earbud stem all the way. Any tips for how to fix this? If I go down to the next smaller size, they don't seal. :frowning2: I haven't tried Comply tips yet.

Feb 4, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #19,633 of 62,680
I happily pay for AliExpress shipping whenever available, I find it the most reliable. Looking up for your impressions, you ordered a backup pair of sabbat x12? Is it really that good?
Yes, they are, especially if you are a runner! They have great sound, but because they do not fully seal (so you get enough, potentially life saving ambient sound) they do not create the dreaded Thud™ with every foot fall as sealing IEM style TWS do. Unfortunately, my current set has a few glitches here and there, maybe more sweat than their IPX rating allows has seeped in, but they are still going ok strong (15K this morning without a single connection drop), but I thought I grab another pair when I saw them offered for 32$ ...

Yeah, the shipping thing is getting trickier, I had shops offering free shipping with Singapore Post (so far, in my experience and with my location the fastest / most reliable) only to then turn around and use SunYou ... I actually thought Bpost should be reliable, but the reviews . are . really . bad !!!

I also noticed (but this might be my location specific) that free shipping is less and less offered ...

Feb 4, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #19,634 of 62,680
Just returning my MW07+ as I was walking through Waterlooo Station last night and they were cutting out BIG TIME, like unusable stuttering and cuts. As I'll be using these for commuting, that is unacceptable; the MW07 never had issues like this. That along with the lack of guarantee from M&D about enabling AAC, I just don't think they're worth the price. Trying out the B&W PX5 instead now.

My first pair of MW07+ had connectivity issues, but I exchanged them and the new pair has been solid. I walk around in downtown Chicago all day and there is only one specific corner where they cut out for a second - and there is a bunch of cell equipment mounted nearby. So, maybe you had a defective unit?

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #19,635 of 62,680
My first pair of MW07+ had connectivity issues, but I exchanged them and the new pair has been solid. I walk around in downtown Chicago all day and there is only one specific corner where they cut out for a second - and there is a bunch of cell equipment mounted nearby. So, maybe you had a defective unit?

Maybe I did. I may re-visit if they add AAC in the future.

Thanks for the reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back