Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 29, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #19,396 of 63,208
My press and hold is almost useless on the Echo Buds. I have to press really hard to get it to work and the buds have just stopped working 3 times in less than 24 hours. I removed the stock tips and finally found some that work and fit in the case. With some many things done right on these echo buds, they really have some basic functionality issues. the Pass through mode isn't near as natural sounding as the APPs, it's much more bassy, there's a touch more delay as well, but it picks up a lot of sound, it's kind of like a hearing aid and it's def. better than the xm3's, but it still doesn't feel as good to use as the APPs. last thing is the wind noise. Wow, if I even walk to fast i get a massive amount of wind noise in pass through mode and the amazon support for these is pretty lame. Anyways, all in all, this is a great beta product, drivers sound great, but needs better mid-range. The bass and highs sound fabulous, passive and active noise reduction works very close to as well as the APPs, but like it's been mentioned it's largely due to the passive noise reduction which I personally don't like as well. I really hope the next version of these buds is not buggy, because I really like them, but to be honest this is a beta product, it doesn't consistently work. I'm going to use them this week and see how they work. I still find myself wanted to use the APPs for my daily driver, because the case is so small, they are lightweight and the siri integration with my iphone. Oh, one more thought. with Alexa I can turn on and off Passthrough, but I can't figure out how to turn on/off ANR, any thoughts?
For the press and hold, a “touch” and hold doesn’t work. You have to drop your finger on the touch area almost as if you are going to tap it, then just leave your finger there. With practice, it becomes relatively second nature — and it avoids false touches. As to the mids, I bump them up a bit in the EQ.

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #19,397 of 63,208
For the press and hold, a “touch” and hold doesn’t work. You have to drop your finger on the touch area almost as if you are going to tap it, then just leave your finger there. With practice, it becomes relatively second nature — and it avoids false touches. As to the mids, I bump them up a bit in the EQ.
Yea, it only works sometimes is the problem, touching and holding/ tap and holding etc. even if i touch the left bud it will often double tap. It's def. a hardware issue. As for the mids, I bumped them up one, they sound better for sure, but after that they start to sound hollow. I honestly really like the sound, it has a very refined feel to it. Slightly reminiscent of the MW07 with better bass and worse mids. :)

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #19,398 of 63,208
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #19,399 of 63,208
Those look like the exact tips that come with the MPOW M5/T5 sans the memory foam. Any idea what the difference in the AET 08 and 08a is?
Hmm... I have no idea to tell you the truth. A guy named Maxwell Dot helped me pick out the JH Lola’s and recommended those tips. I’m not very knowledgeable about any of this stuff :)

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #19,400 of 63,208
I made a suggestion for single and triple taps but will need to do it through the official channel. I encourage everyone who wants it to also make a request for it, maybe they'll incorporate it in future FW update?
"or an option to do nothing for those who are worried about"
does he compare the ANC to the APP?
Kinda not in the mood for another 10min dose of Jim right now :D

(ok, I ended up scrubbing through it ... solid ANC but not APP / XM3 level)

Watched it too, yeah, not a lot to write home about. Is it me or do they look a LOT like the L2Ps, down to the tips and single button ? Possibly the same "source" factory.

Jan 29, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #19,402 of 63,208
I have been wondering a lot lately about getting some new tips for the SSK. Are there any recommendations for SSK specifically. I am fairly new to using third party tips, I have experimented with switching tips among iems but the SSK stock seems best for my options. Please advise
I use the standard comply foam tips T400s and they provide more bass and warmth compared to stock tips. For me the left stock tip didn't sit well and the foams provided a much better seal as they sit further in ear canal. . Have to take them off for the charging case though.

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #19,403 of 63,208
We got a couple for those looking for the Air Pod style...

Glidic Sound Air SPT-7000
ph14_thumb.jpg
ph16_thumb.jpg

and Cleer Goal
Screenshot-2020-01-08-at-12.34.02-AM.png

cmVzaXplPTIwMDAlMkMyMDAwJTJDc2hyaW5rJmltYWdlX3VyaT1odHRwcyUzQSUyRiUyRnMueWltZy5jb20lMkZvcyUyRmNyZWF0ci11cGxvYWRlZC1pbWFnZXMlMkYyMDIwLTAxJTJGOGVjYjQxZjAtMzAyNS0xMWVhLWFlZmQtZTJmNzVkZmEyMzFlJmNsaWVudD1hMWFjYWMzZTFiMzI5MDkxN2Q5MiZzaWduYXR1cmU9OTIzYjE0YTQwZDZjZGU0MTFmOGIyMGM3YmU2OGVmN2Q3YzU5OTZhMw==
cmVzaXplPTIwMDAlMkMyMDAwJTJDc2hyaW5rJmltYWdlX3VyaT1odHRwcyUzQSUyRiUyRnMueWltZy5jb20lMkZvcyUyRmNyZWF0ci11cGxvYWRlZC1pbWFnZXMlMkYyMDIwLTAxJTJGYTczZmM5NDAtMzAyNS0xMWVhLWIzZGYtNzFlYTE3ZDBlMjZhJmNsaWVudD1hMWFjYWMzZTFiMzI5MDkxN2Q5MiZzaWduYXR1cmU9ZTZmOWI4NDQxOWM1MGYwYjc3YWIxODRhMWM5M2YwYThjODk2NzVkNQ==

More for the ambient crowd so no ANC here :)

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #19,404 of 63,208
After time, I agree I notice more driver flex with Nuarl N6. Sometimes it is bad. Sometimes unnoticeable. Foam tips definitely soften the problem.
But because of the worsening of the flex, I am starting to think much definitely about them. Plus not quite as comfy as the lighter models.

After time, I think the T1X is a bit closer to N6, than originally thought. But if you use them while exercising, I do notice a "fluttering" as someone here described.
If you use T1X while not exercising it is pretty great for the $40. Still think it has best connection overall. Some driver flex, but seems to mellow with time (I believe).
Types of music like pop, hip-hop and edm, select BASS mode, and these things do shine. But still better sounding with less movement.

I broke down and ordered the N6PRO to compare with T1X, Mpow t5, Anbes 359, & N6, while I still have them all.

Have read they basically don't have any driver flex. I guess bc they are a completely different driver setup from the regular N6.

I am still amazed by how much different tips can change the sounds in all TWS.

More to come.

I'll be getting my N6Pro soon! so many great reviews on here got me curious :) what do you mean by driver flex?

according to some taiwanese reviews on youtube the N6Pros sound quite a lot better than the N6 especially on the sound stage side.

Jan 29, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #19,405 of 63,208
Has anyone tried the liberty Air 2s with the new soundcore app and customised eq and signature sound? Youtubers are going crazy about them.

I just tried them and really liked them, and the app, but could not get them to stay deep enough in my ear to maintain a good seal. I looked at using other (longer, foam) tips, but then they didn't fit in the case. Since I'd be using them for travel, I decided to take them back, and am now looking again for the grail combo of sound quality + ANC + Ambient sound + background noise cancellation (call quality is most important) for under $150... May just end up getting a trucker headset like the Blue Tiger B-450XT. :frowning2:

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #19,406 of 63,208
The sound quality of the Nuarl N6 Pro is superb. Excellent timbre, sound is very natural and realistic. It's not a flat sound. Nuarl has taken great effort to tune it to be balanced without excessive bass or peaky treble. Soundstage is also outside the head, I was listening to the binaural track from audiocheck website, I really thought someone was knocking on my door. The finely balanced sound together with the excellent timbre tricked me. With other earbuds, I was able to tell it can from the earbuds due to the unnatural timbre or boosted bass/treble.

Minor cons would be it has average isolation, and the wings doesn't do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back