Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 30, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #19,411 of 62,439
So, off topic, These are BT Cans, but out of the 4 ANC devices I have, These are the best I have. I even tried them up againt the Sony HF-1000XM3 and ANC wise they are very similar, but they were $60, 30 hour battery life, Great for phone calls, Sound quality is very good, wouldn't say exceptional but I just got a second pair today and am Just blown away at how nice they are for the $$. I also have a black pair, I just got done burning them in for a week, but they don't sound quite as good as the Brown and Silver. Anyways, wanted to share, @hifi80sman, you need to snag these and compare them to your Sony's and see if my comparison of the ANC is accurate.
I picked up the Momentum 3 and have been using those lately. :)

I may pick those up, but the 1More ANC just popped up on Amazon for Same Day. Gah, what do I do?! :p

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #19,412 of 62,439
Airpods Pro question(s). (I'm on 2C54 firmware)

I have noticable more bass with ANC/Transparency ON than with OFF. Is that common?
It's so typical, because I don't like the "high-frequency warble" with ANC on. I only use ANC when sitting still.

When I received them I went through the fitting test, and got "Good Seal" reported with both M and L tips.
Now I have yellow EVERY time with the same tips. To get green I have to gently push them in the ear.
I feel I have good seal, since the ANC work ok (similar on both sides) and I think they sound like they should (despite I would like a little more bass, and especially with ANC OFF)

BTW: I don't get more bass when pushing them gently in the ear to get green "Good Seal" on the Ear tip test.

Jan 30, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #19,413 of 62,439
Found another cheapo that tickles my fancy :) (Yes, I am the cheapo-hunter apparently)
2 things i like, the minimalistic look, no silly logos or such (everything with a phone logo on the buttons is already out IMHO)
and it is offered by 2 or 3 shops I usually frequent for IEM needs (not naming names, I think at least one of them is not to be named here) ...
Sure, at 14$ I am not expecting sonic wonders, but then again ... who knows ... also, it's a form factor I have yet to enjoy :D

flangS9.jpg

Does anyone know anything about these? I saw MissAudio announcing them on Jan 6 on their twitter. And yet, they failed to show up on my daily searches. Only by mistake (looking for SE9 TWS and typing S9 TWS instead) I saw these ...

What other strategies people here apply to see the most recent TWS on AE? Mine is to look for 'waterproof tws', that filters out all those i7s airpod clones, and then sort by newest (which somehow does not work properly on desktop anymore, only on mobile) ... and still there is a lot of 'old' crap that shops just re-list to get up in the rankings ...

I wish there was a feature that shows me all the really new entires of the TWS sub-category (which is not even its own category yet)

Also fun to look for ANC TWS .. there's a new model at 25$ that I very strongly doubt has real ANC (but they call it PURE ANC)

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #19,414 of 62,439
I have been wondering a lot lately about getting some new tips for the SSK. Are there any recommendations for SSK specifically. I am fairly new to using third party tips, I have experimented with switching tips among iems but the SSK stock seems best for my options. Please advise

I use the standard comply foam tips T400s and they provide more bass and warmth compared to stock tips. For me the left stock tip didn't sit well and the foams provided a much better seal as they sit further in ear canal. . Have to take them off for the charging case though.

Can anyone recommend third party tips that will still charge in the SSK case?

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #19,416 of 62,439
I use the SpinFit 360 with my SSK in large without issues.
Hi thanks, can you please confirm the model number?
Edit: i got it 360 are tws version. Thanks, sorry for rushed response

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #19,418 of 62,439
Airpods Pro question(s). (I'm on 2C54 firmware)

I have noticable more bass with ANC/Transparency ON than with OFF. Is that common?
It's so typical, because I don't like the "high-frequency warble" with ANC on. I only use ANC when sitting still.

When I received them I went through the fitting test, and got "Good Seal" reported with both M and L tips.
Now I have yellow EVERY time with the same tips. To get green I have to gently push them in the ear.
I feel I have good seal, since the ANC work ok (similar on both sides) and I think they sound like they should (despite I would like a little more bass, and especially with ANC OFF)

BTW: I don't get more bass when pushing them gently in the ear to get green "Good Seal" on the Ear tip test.
I'm on firmware 2b588, I toggle between ANC/OFF/Transparency. I get the most bass when them off, I know on this firmware revision they have more bass, but the don't sound very good unless they are Eq'd also the bass is really round and not punchy. Not sure what to tell you about the tips. the don't feel like regular tips. I just wiggle mine until the anc works well, then I know they are in.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #19,419 of 62,439
I'm on firmware 2b588, I toggle between ANC/OFF/Transparency. I get the most bass when them off, I know on this firmware revision they have more bass, but the don't sound very good unless they are Eq'd also the bass is really round and not punchy. Not sure what to tell you about the tips. the don't feel like regular tips. I just wiggle mine until the anc works well, then I know they are in.
Thanks.
It's the opposite on 2C54, more bass with ANC/Transparency. No doubt about it.
I feel the tips are sealing quite well. Both size M and L, and the ANC is working well on both sides. They are comfortable, and they sit firm in my ears.
Still I don't get the "Ear tip fit test" to get green, without gently pressing them (I don't have to press hard) into the ear canal. And that was no problem on earlier firmwares.
Sooo... let's hope there's a reason that 2C54 was pulled, and that everything is fine in a new firmware. (hopefully it will get here soon)

I've had a little bad luck lately, with a broken tooth (expensive), coffee on my Logitech Master MX3 mouse (and the rug), the SSK BT03 that was broken etc, so let's hope it's nothing wrong with my Airpods as well :fearful::fingers_crossed:

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #19,420 of 62,439
A general technical question regarding TWS:
in case you have one defective TWS earbud and get only one side (left or right) from an other identical set as replacement.
Do you think that pairing and syncing with the replacement is possible?
Two of us have a pair FIIL T1X with one defective side affected with high flattering static noise - so it would be an option to get only a
replacement for the defective side.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #19,421 of 62,439
i've been spending more time with the echo buds, I reset them and re-configured the controls and everything seems to be working much better. After replacing the terrible stock tips with some other wide bore's I've got to say these sound really great and the EQ even though it's only 3-band is really effective. I'm pretty surprised by how much detail they have. They do remind me of a bose product, the bass response is excellent and thumpy and clean highs, but with better mids. They still aren't as fat as i'd like and when I crank the mids up at higher volumes it gets a bit shrill, but color me impressed.

Jan 30, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #19,422 of 62,439
Thanks.
It's the opposite on 2C54, more bass with ANC/Transparency. No doubt about it.
I feel the tips are sealing quite well. Both size M and L, and the ANC is working well on both sides. They are comfortable, and they sit firm in my ears.
Still I don't get the "Ear tip fit test" to get green, without gently pressing them (I don't have to press hard) into the ear canal. And that was no problem on earlier firmwares.
Sooo... let's hope there's a reason that 2C54 was pulled, and that everything is fine in a new firmware. (hopefully it will get here soon)

I've had a little bad luck lately, with a broken tooth (expensive), coffee on my Logitech Master MX3 mouse (and the rug), the SSK BT03 that was broken etc, so let's hope it's nothing wrong with my Airpods as well :fearful::fingers_crossed:
Yea, I had heard they "improved the sound" but reduced the effectiveness of the ANC. My last pair had that firmware and all I really remember is that the ANC sucked. Sending some good luck your way!

A general technical question regarding TWS:
in case you have one defective TWS earbud and get only one side (left or right) from an other identical set as replacement.
Do you think that pairing and syncing with the replacement is possible?
Two of us have a pair FIIL T1X with one defective side affected with high flattering static noise - so it would be an option to get only a
replacement for the defective side.
From what I know and having multiple M5's, T1x's, Anbes 359's, Ear Fun Free's etc. Each BT pair has a unique mac address that pairs it to the device and the other unit, but I could be wrong on the newer units that connect individually.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #19,423 of 62,439
So been testing the N6PRO. First impressions---->>> I am not that impressed.

I will let them open up a little bit. Was more impressed with regular N6 when i first received them.

But the GAME CHANGER is SPINFIT CP360s!!!!!

Makes the N6PRO sound so much better to my ears. Then I threw them on the N6 regular. Amazing. The N6 should really come
with the spinfits in the box. For $130, let the buyer have those choices.

Even threw the spinfits on the T1X, amazing. All three sound better. For $40 the winner might be T1X now. price does matter.

Is there a better option from SPINFIT for the T1X? The specially made CP360s for NUARL fit ok, but I bet there is a better fit.

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #19,424 of 62,439
Has anyone tried the liberty Air 2s with the new soundcore app and customised eq and signature sound? Youtubers are going crazy about them.

I was at Walmart today grocery shopping and grabbed a Liberty Air 2 while I was there. So far I actually like them better than the Galaxy Buds. They have tons of different EQ presets, and a graphic EQ as well. Currently I'm trying the "flat" preset, and these definitely have better clarity and more detail, and top end than the Galaxy Buds. Bass isn't too bad either, and extends pretty low.

Jan 30, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #19,425 of 62,439
i've been spending more time with the echo buds, I reset them and re-configured the controls and everything seems to be working much better. After replacing the terrible stock tips with some other wide bore's I've got to say these sound really great and the EQ even though it's only 3-band is really effective. I'm pretty surprised by how much detail they have. They do remind me of a bose product, the bass response is excellent and thumpy and clean highs, but with better mids. They still aren't as fat as i'd like and when I crank the mids up at higher volumes it gets a bit shrill, but color me impressed.
So a reset got rid of the touch control problems for you? I tried that with both sets and it never made a difference :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back