Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 30, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #19,426 of 62,439
So a reset got rid of the touch control problems for you? I tried that with both sets and it never made a difference :frowning2:
No, they still have issues. when i grab the left it registers a double tap. I just turned the double tap off. :) and I still have to pound and hold to get them to register a press and hold. And they still freak out when i take them out, play/pause, play, pause etc. They are def. going back, but I really am impressed with the sound.

Jan 30, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #19,427 of 62,439
No, they still have issues. when i grab the left it registers a double tap. I just turned the double tap off. :) and I still have to pound and hold to get them to register a press and hold. And they still freak out when i take them out, play/pause, play, pause etc. They are def. going back, but I really am impressed with the sound.
Ok. So you're in pretty much the same boat I was then. I loved everything about them but not being able to control them without my phone was enough to not keep them.

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #19,428 of 62,439
Ok. So you're in pretty much the same boat I was then. I loved everything about them but not being able to control them without my phone was enough to not keep them.
Yup. it's such a shame, I also noticed the battery life wasn't that great, and the case, for how heavy it was would only charge them fully about 2 maybe 2.5x. Hoping this $40 off is an attempt to get rid of them and they are working on Gen. 2

Jan 30, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #19,429 of 62,439
The Anker Liberty Air 2 is even better with comply tips. I had a never used pair of medium T-400's laying around and with them cut slightly shorter so they still fit in the case these are awesome and sound awesome on the "bass reducer" setting. Highly recommended!

Jan 30, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #19,430 of 62,439
I picked up the Momentum 3 and have been using those lately. :)

I may pick those up, but the 1More ANC just popped up on Amazon for Same Day. Gah, what do I do?! :p
Ugh. Thanks to you I just ordered those 1More's for delivery tomorrow! Have to check them out. Not too optimistic.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #19,432 of 62,439
So I wanted to share something I found while experimenting with the FIIL T1x. Shout out to @Trebor1966 for making me open my 2nd pair of T1x's but it got me curious. He asked if it was possible to pair 2 mismatched T1x's together and I tried it and it worked. I did the following.

All I did was remove the T1x from my BT menu and turned them off, then turned on the new L and the old R at the same time and continued to hold the sensor down until I heard them say "Synced" the 2nd time. It will go through pairing, then sync or disconnected and then sync again. Pretty handy if you have two pair and lose one.

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #19,433 of 62,439
I've been rockin' my Echo Buds on and off today for about 5 hours without putting them in the case to charge. I have to say, I've got the volume up and down tap/hold down to where it works great and Pink Floyd's - The Division Bell sounds incredible. For 89 bucks it's worth a shot. Everyone seems to have different results. My Libratone Track Air+ are collecting dust this week.

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #19,434 of 62,439
I've been rockin' my Echo Buds on and off today for about 5 hours without putting them in the case to charge. I have to say, I've got the volume up and down tap/hold down to where it works great and Pink Floyd's - The Division Bell sounds incredible. For 89 bucks it's worth a shot. Everyone seems to have different results. My Libratone Track Air+ are collecting dust this week.
Nice! Do you have ANR on? PassThrough? etc.

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #19,435 of 62,439
Nice! Do you have ANR on? PassThrough? etc.
ANC. I love the silence :) . I toggle Passthrough if I need to chat with someone. It's double tap on my right year. Pauses the music and kicks in Passthrough.

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #19,436 of 62,439
Thanks.
It's the opposite on 2C54, more bass with ANC/Transparency. No doubt about it.
I feel the tips are sealing quite well. Both size M and L, and the ANC is working well on both sides. They are comfortable, and they sit firm in my ears.
Still I don't get the "Ear tip fit test" to get green, without gently pressing them (I don't have to press hard) into the ear canal. And that was no problem on earlier firmwares.
Sooo... let's hope there's a reason that 2C54 was pulled, and that everything is fine in a new firmware. (hopefully it will get here soon)

I've had a little bad luck lately, with a broken tooth (expensive), coffee on my Logitech Master MX3 mouse (and the rug), the SSK BT03 that was broken etc, so let's hope it's nothing wrong with my Airpods as well :fearful::fingers_crossed:
I'm still on 2c54 and noticed the same thing - more bass with anc on.

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #19,437 of 62,439
Received my 1more today. So far not good. The sound is excellent with ANC off. Detailed and clean. When ANC goes on they become a muddy boomy mess. No details and the highs roll off completely. It has to be a mistake of some sort. They claim a fw update is coming on 2/2 so I'm hopeful they will fix this. Otherwise they have to go back. It's too bad. Build quality is top notch and the metal case is excellent. Fingers crossed. Maybe try burn in? IDK.

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #19,438 of 62,439
What a bummer. Mine arrive tomorrow.

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #19,439 of 62,439
Mine will arrive tmrw too. Well I could live without ANC, but hopefully the passthrough sound is decent.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #19,440 of 62,439
Buckle up everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back