Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 28, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #19,366 of 62,488
Wait, do the echo buds have ambiant mode? I saw it listed as a con on one of those best of websites and decided to hold off getting it.

They do have ambient mode and from my limited experience with others (Galaxy buds), the ambient is great on the Echo.

My issue with them is sound quality compared to my SSK and the fact that it keeps connecting to my phone with the buds in the case. Drives me crazy. I have SF360 tips in and not getting the bass others are talking about. Also, the volume is pretty low for me. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #19,367 of 62,488
These looks good with a long nozzle and kind of different form factor. Graphics are chinese tho so I don't really get the specs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32960997975.html
I tried a version of these from Amazon and sent them back. They had a really bad hiss in the background. Otherwise the sound was good. I remember not liking the controls much though.

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #19,368 of 62,488
FWIW, I have set the taps to (1) press and hold on left is ANR/Passthrough + Pause, (2) press and hold on right is Next Song, (3) double tap on left is Volume Down, and (4) double tap on right is Volume Up. That’s what works for me. I have basically the same settings on the LTA+, except it’s double taps and triple taps — and I replaced Next Song with Activate Siri (since there’s no voice activated assistant as with the Echo Buds).
Well, I got mine updated to the latest firmware and now press and hold functionality doesn’t work at all. Earlier today the left earbud started going haywire on me. Man, I’m pissed. I really like these, why can’t they just work correctly!?

Jan 29, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #19,369 of 62,488
Wait, do the echo buds have ambiant mode? I saw it listed as a con on one of those best of websites and decided to hold off getting it.

Well I've written several times before here that ambient on the echo Buds is second to none, well maybe it's a tad behind the APPs, which is saying a lot!

@rhsauer - I thought of going for a similar button config but that means you can't get ANR+Paused music, which I find useful. Volume +/- is easier to do with the phone's buttons.

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #19,370 of 62,488
Hello all,

I've been lurking on this thread for some time now. Since I'm a little confused and you seem like experts in the topic I would like to ask what are good tws earbuds about or below 100 euros?

My favourite headphones are the Audiotechnica m40x and I have the QCY T1S, but I'm looking for something better. I've read good things about the Melomania 1 and others. I love a flat sound with a little bass. I would use them on my walks and runs with my Fiio M6, but also with my nintendo switch (I have an adapter). So if they have Aptx for a better latency, that would be great. Any input would be exceptional!

Thank you very much!

Jan 29, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #19,371 of 62,488
Hi
I have thought to spend a little more and buy something better than spunky beats.

I've seen these

FIIL T1X TWS True Wireless Earbuds In-ear Bluetooth Earbuds - Black China

https://www.gearbest.com/bluetooth-headphones/pp_3009286923162898.html?wid=2000001

I have read very well of them. Is it worth the extra expense? Is there any other better model at this approximate price?

Or better I hope the echo buds of amazon arrive in europe?

thanks

Jan 29, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #19,372 of 62,488
Went tip swapping with the qcy t5, put on some spinfits cp145 in the line of my small tip experiment. The sound change was so incredible, i stopped looking for tips in my tip box. I was listening to the music. The last time something magical like this happened with the MH755's and the kb100's.

IMG20200129164357.jpg

Went on to listen for hours. Wireless iems sounding better than wired ones at this price... It's crazy! If only i hadn't found out the downside after they were drained. I never drain them out listening to them, i mostly use it for gaming. Then keep it back in the case. They stay charged.

But this time i had to charge. When i go to put them back in the case i realize.... they don't fit in the case anymore because the spinfits are so long.

IMG20200129175101.jpg

So tempted the get the cp360 and see if that same sound is there without this drawback.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #19,373 of 62,488
Went tip swapping with the qcy t5, put on some spinfits cp145 in the line of my small tip experiment. The sound change was so incredible, i stopped looking for tips in my tip box. I was listening to the music. The last time something magical like this happened with the MH755's and the kb100's.

Went on to listen for hours. Wireless iems sounding better than wired ones at this price... It's crazy! If only i hadn't found out the downside after they were drained. I never drain them out listening to them, i mostly use it for gaming. Then keep it back in the case. They stay charged.

But this time i had to charge. When i go to put them back in the case i realize.... they don't fit in the case anymore because the spinfits are so long.

So tempted the get the cp360 and see if that same sound is there without this drawback.

I have both CP145 and CP360, im using L size for both, they sounded pretty similar with airy and bright, same characteristic at least. and CP360 height is shorter than CP145. oh wait, i can try the cp360 on my T5 later and tell you. Too bad even the CP360 cant fit on Haylou GT1 plus (their case is smaller than T5) just maybe 2mm more they can fit, too bad

Edit : add pics

Oh here they are, cp360 fit well into t5 case, im using L size so any size below that should be fine.
and they can be closed properly

20200129_204348.jpg 20200129_204358.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #19,374 of 62,488
I have both CP145 and CP360, im using L size for both, they sounded pretty similar with airy and bright, same characteristic at least. and CP360 height is shorter than CP145. oh wait, i can try the cp360 on my T5 later and tell you. Too bad even the CP360 cant fit on Haylou GT1 plus (their case is smaller than T5) just maybe 2mm more they can fit, too bad

Edit : add pics

Oh here they are, cp360 fit well into t5 case, im using L size so any size below that should be fine.
and they can be closed properly

Wow! Perfect. I'll be getting the large and medium cp360 set. Penon is out of stock. They sell single pairs for a slightly lower price. Guess I'll be spending a little more than expected. :L3000: Thanks a lot for the heads up!

Edit: they rechecked and said they do have it in stock, it was destiny after all!

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #19,375 of 62,488
So I've had the Galaxy Buds since last summer, and lately I've been feeling like they lack clarity and detail. I've been using the "clear" setting but I feel that it's not just a matter of frequency response. I don't know if it's the AAC Bluetooth codec or the drivers just aren't capable of enough clarity and detail for me, but I just don't enjoy them anymore. The treble also just sounds a bit smeared and artificial.

I have an ES100 that sounds great with my AKG Q701 and AKG K371, so I've ordered a Brainwavz B200 which are supposed to not be bass heavy, and are supposed to have tons of clarity and detail. If I like how these sound or can be EQ'ed with the ES100 to my liking then I'll also order a very short MMCX cable and use the B200 with my ES100 and clip it to my shirt. This seems less convenient than just putting a wireless bud in each ear, but I need better sound. The Galaxy Buds just aren't doing it for me anymore. They've always been a compromise, but I'm just not enjoying them anymore.

I also have the first gen OnePlus Bullets Wireless and I feel they are too bassy heavy and lack clarity and detail as well.

I'm listening to a Hifiman/massdrop RE-00 right now with the ES100, and I could almost deal with this except the cable is way to long for the ES100 to be convenient, and the RE-00 still honestly don't sound all that great, but still better and more clear than the Galaxy Buds. I also have an RE-Zero which sound better, but the cable is still to long to be convenient for the ES100 to be clipped to a shirt.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #19,376 of 62,488
Well I've written several times before here that ambient on the echo Buds is second to none, well maybe it's a tad behind the APPs, which is saying a lot!

@rhsauer - I thought of going for a similar button config but that means you can't get ANR+Paused music, which I find useful. Volume +/- is easier to do with the phone's buttons.

My press and hold is almost useless on the Echo Buds. I have to press really hard to get it to work and the buds have just stopped working 3 times in less than 24 hours. I removed the stock tips and finally found some that work and fit in the case. With some many things done right on these echo buds, they really have some basic functionality issues. the Pass through mode isn't near as natural sounding as the APPs, it's much more bassy, there's a touch more delay as well, but it picks up a lot of sound, it's kind of like a hearing aid and it's def. better than the xm3's, but it still doesn't feel as good to use as the APPs. last thing is the wind noise. Wow, if I even walk to fast i get a massive amount of wind noise in pass through mode and the amazon support for these is pretty lame. Anyways, all in all, this is a great beta product, drivers sound great, but needs better mid-range. The bass and highs sound fabulous, passive and active noise reduction works very close to as well as the APPs, but like it's been mentioned it's largely due to the passive noise reduction which I personally don't like as well. I really hope the next version of these buds is not buggy, because I really like them, but to be honest this is a beta product, it doesn't consistently work. I'm going to use them this week and see how they work. I still find myself wanted to use the APPs for my daily driver, because the case is so small, they are lightweight and the siri integration with my iphone. Oh, one more thought. with Alexa I can turn on and off Passthrough, but I can't figure out how to turn on/off ANR, any thoughts?

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #19,378 of 62,488
So.. How's the passthrough/ambient/transparency mode on the 1more ANC? they are 20% off right now with code JIM or GAMESKY. I may need to buy these and try them out, to make me feel better about my Beta Echo Buds. :laughing:

20% off is a nice deal. The US units just shipped yesterday - not many people have these yet. Is the code only on 1more's website or is it on amazon? I got $20 off but 20% would have been nicer.

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #19,380 of 62,488
It's just for the 1more site.

Thanks - preorders ship with a charging mat I think so it's probably a push. I would definitely look at them for 20% off. I am optimistic the SQ will beat the APP even if the ANC does not although my APP are suffering from the reduced ANC from the software fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back