Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 25, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #19,157 of 62,436
Oh shoot, I hear the rattle. I remember using the very same test to test my older QCY QS2s and I believe they didn't have this problem. Disappointing.

Yep... They seem to have this new batch with worse driver quality. It’s easy to identify the new and old batch: new one comes in a white box and the old batch came in a brown box...

Jan 25, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #19,158 of 62,436
Hi

Sorry for my english.

I want to buy my first TWS headphones.

I have looked at many reviews and among the affordable models (budget) I need some advice to choose between these two models (both cost me approximately the same about € 21)

Which one do you advise between this two and why?

_ KZ S1 TWS True Wireless Bluetooth 5.0

or

_Tronsmart Spunky Beat Bluetooth TWS Earphone APTX Wireless

thanks

Jan 25, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #19,159 of 62,436
Nice review. The assessments on Amazon criticize the lack of bass. Maybe they had fit issues, but what wired IEM would you compare the sound signature to?

Edit: you answered later, more of reference sound from Mifo 07. I really enjoy the T1X (burned in 50 hours with app) on Bass Eq profile, so the 07 would probably not be my cup of tea. Seeking to go in the $100-$150 range, maybe N6 is the better leap for me.

if the bass EQ setting is your preference for the 1Tx, the mifo o7 is not a good choice at the moment. I’m going to spend some time looking for how I might EQ on an iPhone using Apple Music. Anyone have any recommendations?

Try the “Bass Shaker” test on the “Quality” section: https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Sometimes we discuss earbud quality purely by listening, but these tests are actually where we hear their faults or virtues in a more scientific and accurate way...

For instance if I try the same test with the Bomaker Sifi (when connected with APTX) or the FIIL T1X, both equipped with higher quality drivers and with these I don’t hear any extra noise, just a pure clean tone.

thanks for the link. I’m going to give it a try!

Jan 25, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #19,160 of 62,436
Hi

Sorry for my english.

I want to buy my first TWS headphones.

I have looked at many reviews and among the affordable models (budget) I need some advice to choose between these two models (both cost me approximately the same about € 21)

Which one do you advise between this two and why?

_ KZ S1 TWS True Wireless Bluetooth 5.0

or

_Tronsmart Spunky Beat Bluetooth TWS Earphone APTX Wireless

thanks

depends on what your music taste is and what you want to use them for.

the KZ are more refined / analytical in my opinion, thanks to the hybrid setup. But not sure how sweatproof they are, I would not take them to the gym / running.

the Spunky Beats are more ‘fun’, make you tap your toes, nod your head to your favorite music. Personally I get such a great fit with them that the passive noise cancellation gets to like 60-70% of the active noise cancellation of the AirPods Pro (as I experienced on a recent loooong car drive when the APP batteries were out and I switched to the Spunky Beats. )

I am pretty much a KZ fanboy, but you might get an overall better first package with the Spunkies. And since you are here, you might be drawn in like so many of us, and end up getting both :wink:

Jan 25, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #19,161 of 62,436
Yep... They seem to have this new batch with worse driver quality. It’s easy to identify the new and old batch: new one comes in a white box and the old batch came in a brown box...

Left is the new box and right is the old one. New one says 'QS2' in the front, whereas the old says 'qs2'.

IMG_20200125_213853__01.jpg

Also, in the back the model of the old unit is 'T1' but the new one's model is 'In1852'.

IMG_20200125_213808__01.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #19,162 of 62,436

the KZ are more refined / analytical in my opinion, thanks to the hybrid setup. But not sure how sweatproof they are, I would not take them to the gym / running.

the Spunky Beats are more ‘fun’, make you tap your toes, nod your head to your favorite music. Personally I get such a great fit with them that the passive noise cancellation gets to like 60-70% of the active noise cancellation of the AirPods Pro (as I experienced on a recent loooong car drive when the APP batteries were out and I switched to the Spunky Beats. )

I am pretty much a KZ fanboy, but you might get an overall better first package with the Spunkies. And since you are here, you might be drawn in like so many of us, and end up getting both :wink:

Quick KZ impression: better than I expected, but lacking in treble for my tastes, not quite the V signature they’re known for with wires. Spunky is on the way.

Jan 25, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #19,163 of 62,436
Hey all, I'm a bit confused about how to read/understand some of the specs for TWS IEMs, specifically bluetooth connectivity. How can I tell if a pair will connect to two devices simultaneously? I have an iPhone 7 (which only has bluetooth 4.2) and am looking to buy an Apple Watch 5 series (which has bluetooth 5). I want a pair of truly wireless headphones that will connect to both devices, without there being much of a process for switching back and forth (for example, my Bose QuietComfort 35 does this). I also want something that I can use with my Apple Watch while working out (running, shooting hoops, and weightlifting).

Jan 25, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #19,164 of 62,436
Hey all, I'm a bit confused about how to read/understand some of the specs for TWS IEMs, specifically bluetooth connectivity. How can I tell if a pair will connect to two devices simultaneously? I have an iPhone 7 (which only has bluetooth 4.2) and am looking to buy an Apple Watch 5 series (which has bluetooth 5). I want a pair of truly wireless headphones that will connect to both devices, without there being much of a process for switching back and forth (for example, my Bose QuietComfort 35 does this). I also want something that I can use with my Apple Watch while working out (running, shooting hoops, and weightlifting).

Define "connect" and "simultaneously." Being connected to multiple devices simultaneously would have many inputs in one output device creating cacophony. My TWS devices can all pair to multiple devices simultaneously, but can only connect to one at a time. And generally, they stay connected to the last one connected and don't let go until you manually tell it to disconnect. At that point, I'm then able to connect to a different device. I suppose that makes sense, but is inconvenient when I want to listen to the Dudeos Zeus on device 1 and they were last connected to device 2.

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #19,165 of 62,436

Thanks

And for phone calls which is better?

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #19,166 of 62,436
Recieved my Onyx Neo a few days ago, good design, very comfortable, surprisingly good sound, but absolutly stupid SW! Works normaly only with PC or phone, with other devices (some players or TV's) which not have headset (calling) profile switches off after 4 minutes! Sadly, because I bought them mainly for my Shanling M0 :frowning2: I don't know if this is normal, but when I connect one earpiece to BT 4.x source, then this side discharges faster and will turn off after 3 hours due to low battery. However, the other side still has 60%, so if I reconnect them after aprox 2-2,5 hours (at 40%) to the other earpiece they will play together for more than 4.5 hours, which is incredible at such a size and moreover, charging in case is really very fast. Stock eartips are useless, but with many other standard tips (smaller than I normally use) they go deeper and hold better and more secure in my ears. Fortunately, there is enough space in the charging case and can be loaded without problem. Onyx Neo is no longer blinking while listening and will not bother you in the dark. Sensor sensitivity and response are too bad, but over time one gets used to it. I definitely do not miss the mechanical buttons and even if the control scheme is not ideal for me, it's better than it was on Spunky Beat.
I was a little skeptical about the sound from 6 mm DD, but it is quite well balanced. Although a bit simplified and without extra detail, but listening with non stock eartips is nice and nowhere does not matter much. Yes, sub bass is missing completely, bass don't go too deep, but they has good speed, they are well textured and controlled, their amount is close to ideal for me. Mids are a bit recessed, the details are rather average, but the vocals sound pretty good. Considering what this TWS are for, I don't see a big problem there. I would commend Tronsmart for the high frequencies, the resolution is not as good as from the BA, but it sounds natural, without metalic aftertaste. Overall, the sound really went well, it is not perfect, but considering the price I have nothing to reproach. It reminds me the Sony MH755 without sub bass and foam filters inside, maybe Onyx Neo are little bit brighter than someone likes, but it suits me so much. They might have been ideal for traveling if they weren't that stupid shutdown problem when connected to some DAP's.
seems your measurements have some imbalance but not as dramatic as what I hear on my unit. Does your case have a blue light when the buds are put in or removed? Mine has no light whatsoever except when charging the case.

Some reviewers are saying there's no difference compared to Spunky Beat while others say the Neo are less bassy..

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #19,167 of 62,436
I typically burn in with Jlab's burn in audio file. Its sweeps, noise and periods of silence mixed in. It's on soundcloud via their webpage.

Play at your normal listening volume or maybe 1 click higher.
Awesome thanks! I wonder how many hours I need to do that for the N6’s?

one more dumb question :) I bought some Jh Lola IEMs several months ago and I didn’t burn them in.

do you think there’d be any benefit to doing it now? I’ve listened to hundreds of hours of music on them already

thanks again

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #19,169 of 62,436
Wow. That's highway robbery.

I pair mine with my ipad or my Mac and run this playlist until they die. Then I start from the top and do it again I don't know much about volume levels but the first time through I keep it relatively low, then I raise it to about 50-75% the 2nd run. Should take around two full battery cycles 14-16 hours. I"m going to have to check out that JLAB audio file that @assassin10000 mentioned too.

Thanks! i'll check this out for sure.
Oh man that’s awesome thanks

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #19,170 of 62,436
For those Spotify users out there, have you guys tried this SpotEQ app on the App Store?? It’s $6, but has an unbelievable equalizer and it works with your Spotify so it can be used for streaming. Blows the regular Spotify app out of the water. I’ve been able to significantly up the bass content on the N6 Pros to the point that they sound full, rich, and bassy, without any distortion at all, while maintaining their excellent detail retrieval. It also tells you as you are adjusting the EQ at what level distortion will occur. It’s amazing, feels like a whole new world. The N6 Pros just sound ridiculous now.
That’s interesting! I mostly use Tidal and Qobuz... I’m excited to try connecting the N6 Pro’s to my HiBy R6 pro via Aptx to see how it sounds. My iPhone is AAC only unfortunately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back