Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 24, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #19,126 of 62,419
For those Spotify users out there, have you guys tried this SpotEQ app on the App Store?? It’s $6, but has an unbelievable equalizer and it works with your Spotify so it can be used for streaming. Blows the regular Spotify app out of the water. I’ve been able to significantly up the bass content on the N6 Pros to the point that they sound full, rich, and bassy, without any distortion at all, while maintaining their excellent detail retrieval. It also tell you as you are adjusting the EQ at what level distortion will occur. It’s amazing, feels like a whole new world. The N6 Pros just sound ridiculous now.

Wish there is a 32 band eq for android out there.

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #19,127 of 62,419
For those Spotify users out there, have you guys tried this SpotEQ app on the App Store?? It’s $6, but has an unbelievable equalizer and it works with your Spotify so it can be used for streaming. Blows the regular Spotify app out of the water. I’ve been able to significantly up the bass content on the N6 Pros to the point that they sound full, rich, and bassy, without any distortion at all, while maintaining their excellent detail retrieval. It also tell you as you are adjusting the EQ at what level distortion will occur. It’s amazing, feels like a whole new world. The N6 Pros just sound ridiculous now.

Wish there is a 32 band eq for android out there.

Android user, so root & V4A are what I use. I like that it works across all audio.

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #19,128 of 62,419
Mifo o7 in da house! Before I forget, just wanted to say that they measure the same for tips as the 1Tx: 5mm at the max, 4mm inner ring.

I'm listening with the out of the box silicone tips and will test with the others mentioned earlier tomorrow when I get them. (1-day shipping, thank you Amazon!)

I need to A/B test this, but here's my first impression...

By comparison, these feel like they aren't even in my ears. Very lightweight, and somehow stable, even without wings. For a while I was shaking my head around trying to see if I could dislodge them, because it just seemed weird that they were as stable as they were while feeling like they were just sitting there chilling, weightless. With the 1Tx, I couldn't even attempt to eat or chew gum with them (which is why I also want to try other tips with them), but I get very minimal feedback when I open my mouth, move my jaw, etc. Another thing I just tested was walking. Again, the 1Tx created a not-so-nice THUMP with every step. Listening to music at a normal volume, I heard nothing when I walked. I then turned it down well below what I'd normally listen at, and still heard no thump or feedback. Even when i take a deep breath, I'm not getting any noticeable feedback.

Listening to music, I'd put these in a studio monitor category. If I summed it up so far, I'd say Clarity & Balance.

I'm not feeling as though anything is muted, nor is any range out of balance or bleeding into another range that it isn't supposed to. That said, the bass is reserved and tight. This is the kind of sound I like, I don't like boomy bass unless the song demands it...and if the song demands it, the bass responds accordingly. Just to test that theory, I am listening to "A Final Hit" from Leftfield. This has some low frequencies that just rumble in the background. I don't feel like the bass is hiding from this song, but it isn't thumping either. If I was able to tune this a bit, I might bump the bass just a TAD, but then again don't really feel like it's needed and I feel as though I'm listening to the songs as they were recorded, if you know what I mean.

Jumping over to assess the highs...Listening to Flyleaf's Thread now...their lead singer has some exceptional heights and the guitar and cymbals are up there to match her. I feel like this might be a tad hot. If burn-in is a thing, I suspect these might need some time with some pink noise. That isn't to say they aren't good to listen to now, just pondering how these may improve.

I was pondering what song might test the ranges, and reminded myself of a song from Grimes called "Dream Fortress". It is pushing the limits of highs and lows, and feels like another good song to test with. Again, I'm feeling as though these are balanced across the spectrum. Pretty impressive.

Jumping over to some Florence + the Machine to evaluate the sound stage a bit. I think I could get lost in the sound...I've loving it.

Ok, I analyzed it a lot more than I intended straight out of the box, but the more I listened the more I already love them. I'm going to go workout now and see how well they stay in place during that kind of activity. Given their IP67 rating, I'm excited to see how well they hold in place since they are not going to have an issue with water/sweat. :)

BTW...The case is insanely small and VERY well made. Quality.

PS: The 1Tx will be returned after I test them with the tips I ordered...They will never sound this good. I didn't think this sound was possible in a TWS.

I also did a quick test of the mic. I took a voice memo while running on the treadmill and thought it did a good job of isolating my voice.

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #19,129 of 62,419

Just got these babies. First impressions are very good. I feel like the buds are a little bit better built than the GT1s.

Oh BTW for anyone who might not know. The QCY QS2s are also now updated with dual-channel Bluetooth meaning that the annoying master/slave configuration is now gone for good in the new units they're shipping.

I thought the G1 Plus had Type C until I saw Kenneth Tanaka's video. His Tronsmart Onyx Neo review also shows it having a blue light when putting the buds in/out of the case, mine only has a red light when charging and green when complete, nothing to show how much is left.

Meanwhile I can't find where I left my Jabees Firefly Pro buds, I still have the case but it seems I misplaced the buds somewhere. The Aufo M1 looks like a good alternative though it too lacks AptX. Still can't find a budget AptX + Type-C + Transparency mode option except Edifier NB (no volume control and one disappointing review here).

Meanwhile there's finally an Amazon.ca listing of the Galaxy buds with roughly the equivalent of US MSRP with US Warranty, and it is slowly dropping down. Currently 157$.

Jan 24, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #19,130 of 62,419
Well done!

If I remember well they don't have any ip certification, they are generically "ready for workouts"

Yeah ... the only info I found on this comes for soundguys.com and says 'Although 1More’s earbuds didn’t receive an official IP rating, they’re sweat-resistant and should withstand most workouts.' ...
In this climate I live and my heavy head sweating, not sure if I want to risk it, but I might try a short run to hear if there's a Thud™ :wink:

Now I want to get more of those powerbeats pro XL sized tips, they are softer than usual tips and a tad bigger ... and they work awesome with the 1more stylish AND they fit in the case with them

Also wondering, now with App and OTA updates, shouldn't there finally be a method to change the voice prompt language? From what I read it is NOT possible to change Chinese on the int'l version to anything else. Which I am not too broken up about ... I actually would not mind finding a glossary with these bluetooth terms and just study a bit of Chinese then (I googled but only found a bit regarding BT speakers)

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #19,131 of 62,419
I think initially it was used to indicate the status of the buds, powered on etc.

I'm not saying the LED light itself is a bad thing. In fact, I'm a fan of the LED indicator lights. What I'm not a fan of is the fact that some manufacturers opt to keep the light blinking while it's in your ear, being used. I don't need a blinking light to know that it's on and playing music, it's in my ear. Only the people around me are the ones who can see the LED light at that point.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #19,132 of 62,419
I thought the G1 Plus had Type C until I saw Kenneth Tanaka's video.

It doesn't bother me that much since I already have a micro-USB cable always plugged into my desktop dock because the charging pad of my Honor Band also uses micro-USB. It would've been nice to have USB-C but not a dealbreaker, at least for me; Especially at the price point. :wink:

Jan 24, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #19,133 of 62,419
I'm not saying the LED light itself is a bad thing. In fact, I'm a fan of the LED indicator lights. What I'm not a fan of is the fact that some manufacturers opt to keep the light blinking while it's in your ear, being used. I don't need a blinking light to know that it's on and playing music, it's in my ear. Only the people around me are the ones who can see the LED light at that point.

Jan 24, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #19,134 of 62,419
You might want to try some of the different presets available in the FllL+ app. Not counting the default, there are 14 more to choose from.
Thanks, I think burning in, changing tips and using app EQ is still not going to bring up the mids to the level I want. The volume is also too soft too. I'm currently much happier with the ballsy sounding Mpow M5. :)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #19,136 of 62,419
Great review, Scarbir! A couple questions for you. Did you burn in the T1x and are you using it on Bass EQ setting or Default? The T1x is one of the brighter yet full bodied TWS' I've heard. If the TWS6 makes it sound warm, how would you describe the Mpow T5/M5 or SSK/Anbes 359. I looked at your reviews to see how you described them, but the description was a bit different. The NUARL N6 is kind of a Anomaly, it's warmer than the T1x yet very detailed with excellent detail and clarity, but it's not quite as full as the T1x probably due to the missing sub-bass. Listening to the M5's today, i'd say they sound significantly warmer than the t1x and something like the 1more stylish would be very warm even darker sounding. however the Hieha B6 (the clone of the Whizzer B6) was just straight up Dark and pretty much muddy and unenjoyable to listen to.
Thanx.. .. Imore sounds like my type of sound :)

Jan 25, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #19,137 of 62,419
I dig them. The form factor is great. ANC is decent, but not as good as the APP or Sonys. Case Qi is convenient and the case itself is nice and small. These is my third pair though. First two had a crackling issue in the left bud, but these replacements seem to be doing well. Button customization is nice after the firmware update. Adds volume control. Nice here at the office. I'm still trying different tips and I keep going back to the med oem tips that come with them.
I have the latest firmware update from December but I haven't found where it added volume control, just the option to add a 3rd tap that one can assign a function such as next, prev., passthrough, etc. I do think the update also improved the SQ over previous versions.

Jan 25, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #19,138 of 62,419
I have the latest firmware update from December but I haven't found where it added volume control, just the option to add a 3rd tap that one can assign a function such as next, prev., passthrough, etc. I do think the update also improved the SQ over previous versions.
There is an option to add a triple tap for volume up and down. Firmware 111.

Jan 25, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #19,139 of 62,419
There is an option to add a triple tap for volume up and down. Firmware 111.
... and agreed, the sound seems better. I'm sitting here comparing them to the Klipsch T5 (black version) and the Libratone sound warmer. But that Klipsch lighter case is so damn cool :)

Jan 25, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #19,140 of 62,419
I'm not sure how relevant this is, but given that the noise cancelling buds are here and how great they work for planes it's worth looking into.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent Bluetooth transmitter that could plug into the airplane entrainment station? All the ones I tried in the past sounded horrible, like an fm signal that is unstable. Also every bump sent horrible feedback, and they were a little slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back