Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 24, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #19,111 of 62,676
I've written about my experiences with them before but since you like the stellar isolation and rich SQ of the Amazon Echo Buds I'm afraid you're not going to like them but you be the judge !

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #19,112 of 62,676
I just ordered the Track Air+ and they'll arrive on Sunday. How do you like them?
I dig them. The form factor is great. ANC is decent, but not as good as the APP or Sonys. Case Qi is convenient and the case itself is nice and small. These is my third pair though. First two had a crackling issue in the left bud, but these replacements seem to be doing well. Button customization is nice after the firmware update. Adds volume control. Nice here at the office. I'm still trying different tips and I keep going back to the med oem tips that come with them.

Jan 24, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #19,113 of 62,676
I used my calipers to measure the 1Tx, it is exactly as shown. 5mm at the outer most part of the lip and 4mm on the inner part of the lip. So by measurement, they should work perfectly for the 1Tx.

when I get the mifo o7 later today I’ll measure those too. :)

Mifo o7 in da house! Before I forget, just wanted to say that they measure the same for tips as the 1Tx: 5mm at the max, 4mm inner ring.

I'm listening with the out of the box silicone tips and will test with the others mentioned earlier tomorrow when I get them. (1-day shipping, thank you Amazon!)

I need to A/B test this, but here's my first impression...

By comparison, these feel like they aren't even in my ears. Very lightweight, and somehow stable, even without wings. For a while I was shaking my head around trying to see if I could dislodge them, because it just seemed weird that they were as stable as they were while feeling like they were just sitting there chilling, weightless. With the 1Tx, I couldn't even attempt to eat or chew gum with them (which is why I also want to try other tips with them), but I get very minimal feedback when I open my mouth, move my jaw, etc. Another thing I just tested was walking. Again, the 1Tx created a not-so-nice THUMP with every step. Listening to music at a normal volume, I heard nothing when I walked. I then turned it down well below what I'd normally listen at, and still heard no thump or feedback. Even when i take a deep breath, I'm not getting any noticeable feedback.

Listening to music, I'd put these in a studio monitor category. If I summed it up so far, I'd say Clarity & Balance.

I'm not feeling as though anything is muted, nor is any range out of balance or bleeding into another range that it isn't supposed to. That said, the bass is reserved and tight. This is the kind of sound I like, I don't like boomy bass unless the song demands it...and if the song demands it, the bass responds accordingly. Just to test that theory, I am listening to "A Final Hit" from Leftfield. This has some low frequencies that just rumble in the background. I don't feel like the bass is hiding from this song, but it isn't thumping either. If I was able to tune this a bit, I might bump the bass just a TAD, but then again don't really feel like it's needed and I feel as though I'm listening to the songs as they were recorded, if you know what I mean.

Jumping over to assess the highs...Listening to Flyleaf's Thread now...their lead singer has some exceptional heights and the guitar and cymbals are up there to match her. I feel like this might be a tad hot. If burn-in is a thing, I suspect these might need some time with some pink noise. That isn't to say they aren't good to listen to now, just pondering how these may improve.

I was pondering what song might test the ranges, and reminded myself of a song from Grimes called "Dream Fortress". It is pushing the limits of highs and lows, and feels like another good song to test with. Again, I'm feeling as though these are balanced across the spectrum. Pretty impressive.

Jumping over to some Florence + the Machine to evaluate the sound stage a bit. I think I could get lost in the sound...I've loving it.

Ok, I analyzed it a lot more than I intended straight out of the box, but the more I listened the more I already love them. I'm going to go workout now and see how well they stay in place during that kind of activity. Given their IP67 rating, I'm excited to see how well they hold in place since they are not going to have an issue with water/sweat. :)

BTW...The case is insanely small and VERY well made. Quality.

PS: The 1Tx will be returned after I test them with the tips I ordered...They will never sound this good. I didn't think this sound was possible in a TWS.

Jan 24, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #19,114 of 62,676
Nice find. I've been using the ikkos size L with the Bomaker and they provide stellar isolation and none of that muffled sound typical of the Comply tips. The highs are just very slightly "tamed" but it's acceptable. The left tip is very slightly large though and puts too much pressure on my ear canal so I'll probably get the Misodiko S/M/L combo from Amazon to see which size works best before ordering pairs on AE.

Yeah. The S & L ikko tips run larger than some. More like MS & LL. I ordered some S Misodiko tips as they appear to be in the diameter my ears will probably be happy with.

So I got the Mavin Air-XR QI yesterday and I'm fairly happy with them.

Initial sound is fairly balanced, maybe a mild V. No sibilance thus far. I listen at low to med volumes though. These things dig deep, at 50% volume on a frequency test I can clearly hear 20hz.

The QI charging placement is finicky due to the awesomely small size of the case. But it does work on 2 of 3 of my QI chargers.

I was testing the IPX7 rating and had too small tips in, so one side fell out and ended up completely submerged lol. Fortunately it's fine. Test passed :wink: .

My prompts are all in Japanese but that doesn't bother me. I've emailed Mavin to see if it can be changed to English.

Here's a few comparison pics of the Mavin Air-XR case vs the Sabbat X12/E12 case and pics of the ear pieces:

PhotoGrid_1579905780586.jpg
PhotoGrid_1579905377415.jpg

IMG_20200124_134446.jpg

IMG_20200124_161950.jpg

The Misodiko tips I ordered unfortunately won't fit the Air-XR. It has a 7.1mm nozzle with no lip. I found an potential alternative on AE though. Anjirui makes a 6.5mm bore foam tip for TWS use, so I ordered those too.

1078003705-1575065532.jpg

Of course all those tips are extra delayed due to Chinese New Years.

I've had three pairs, all with Japanese language. Mavin said to return them because they were sent to Amazon by mistake. Language cannot be changed on them. That said, after four pairs, all in Japanese, I returned them. Form factor was great, but the tempermental Qi charging drove me nuts. I'm rocking the Libratone Track Air+ this week. The addiction never stops.

Ah. I don't mind the japanese prompts. They just let me know once they're connected and/or powering off.

The QI charging isn't too terribly finicky for me. Just need to be near the center. My oldest charger (5w max) was the only one it didn't work on.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #19,115 of 62,676
Mifo o7 in da house! Before I forget, just wanted to say that they measure the same for tips as the 1Tx: 5mm at the max, 4mm inner ring.

I'm listening with the out of the box silicone tips and will test with the others mentioned earlier tomorrow when I get them. (1-day shipping, thank you Amazon!)

By comparison, these feel like they aren't even in my ears. Very lightweight, and somehow stable, even without wings. For a while I was shaking my head around trying to see if I could dislodge them, because it just seemed weird that they were as stable as they were while feeling like they were just sitting there chilling, weightless. With the 1Tx, I couldn't even attempt to eat or chew gum with them (which is why I also want to try other tips with them), but I get very minimal feedback when I open my mouth, move my jaw, etc. Another thing I just tested was walking. Again, the 1Tx created a not-so-nice THUMP with every step. Listening to music at a normal volume, I heard nothing when I walked. I then turned it down well below what I'd normally listen at, and still heard no thump or feedback. Even when i take a deep breath, I'm not getting any noticeable feedback.

Listening to music, I'd put these in a studio monitor category. If I summed it up so far, I'd say Clarity & Balance.

I'm not feeling as though anything is muted, nor is any range out of balance or bleeding into another range that it isn't supposed to. That said, the bass is reserved and tight. This is the kind of sound I like, I don't like boomy bass unless the song demands it...and if the song demands it, the bass responds accordingly. Just to test that theory, I am listening to "A Final Hit" from Leftfield. This has some low frequencies that just rumble in the background. I don't feel like the bass is hiding from this song, but it isn't thumping either. If I was able to tune this a bit, I might bump the bass just a TAD, but then again don't really feel like it's needed and I feel as though I'm listening to the songs as they were recorded, if you know what I mean.

Jumping over to assess the highs...Listening to Flyleaf's Thread now...their lead singer has some exceptional heights and the guitar and cymbals are up there to match her. I feel like this might be a tad hot. If burn-in is a thing, I suspect these might need some time with some pink noise. That isn't to say they aren't good to listen to now, just pondering how these may improve.

I was pondering what song might test the ranges, and reminded myself of a song from Grimes called "Dream Fortress". It is pushing the limits of highs and lows, and feels like another good song to test with. Again, I'm feeling as though these are balanced across the spectrum. Pretty impressive.

Jumping over to some Florence + the Machine to evaluate the sound stage a bit. I think I could get lost in the sound...I've loving it.

Ok, I analyzed it a lot more than I intended straight out of the box, but the more I listened the more I already love them. I'm going to go workout now and see how well they stay in place during that kind of activity. Given their IP67 rating, I'm excited to see how well they hold in place since they are not going to have an issue with water/sweat. :)

PS: The 1Tx will be returned after I test them with the tips I ordered...They will never sound this good. I didn't think this sound was possible in a TWS.
Nice. These seem pretty sweet. Would love to hear how they compare the to the N6 pro since the form factor looks better.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #19,116 of 62,676

There is 1 glaring weakness on mifo07 and it has to be said sadly. If you only listening to jazz, rock, or instrumental in general, it is great and you can get to stupidly loud volume and it will be fine. But once you listen to let say like Lorde, Skrillex, linkin park, etc then the driver will create this cracking sound when the bass drop. It sounds just like a speaker that driven to its limit and the drivers bottomed out. Of course all this need to be listened at mid to high volume. And because mifo 07 doesn't have that bass rumble even compared to t1x (flat EQ), you will definitely pushing those volume button to get that desired bass slam. Other than that, the mifo 07 does sound awesome, even better then t1x in certain genre imho.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #19,117 of 62,676
There is 1 glaring weakness on mifo07 and it has to be said sadly. If you only listening to jazz, rock, or instrumental in general, it is great and you can get to stupidly loud volume and it will be fine. But once you listen to let say like Lorde, Skrillex, linkin park, etc then the driver will create this cracking sound when the bass drop. It sounds just like a speaker that driven to its limit and the drivers bottomed out. Of course all this need to be listened at mid to high volume. And because mifo 07 doesn't have that bass rumble even compared to t1x (flat EQ), you will definitely pushing those volume button to get that desired bass slam. Other than that, the mifo 07 does sound awesome, even better then t1x in certain genre imho.

I can agree with most of that. Really wish they could be EQd with an app easily/natively.

if I max them out, I do hear clipping, but obviously not a volume I’d want to stay at. Ouch.

I would certainly agree that the 1Tx is also capable of louder volumes. But again for me I don’t want to listen that loud. But to your point, a limit nonetheless.

as a follow-up...I’ve been working out for 45 minutes. Treadmill and a core workout of planks and other painful things. Anyway, I don’t feel like they’ve budged. And I pumped the treadmill up to an 8mph pace and didn’t have any issues.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #19,118 of 62,676
I can agree with most of that. Really wish they could be EQd with an app easily/natively.

if I max them out, I do hear clipping, but obviously not a volume I’d want to stay at. Ouch.

I would certainly agree that the 1Tx is also capable of louder volumes. But again for me I don’t want to listen that loud. But to your point, a limit nonetheless.

as a follow-up...I’ve been working out for 45 minutes. Treadmill and a core workout of planks and other painful things. Anyway, I don’t feel like they’ve budged. And I pumped the treadmill up to an 8mph pace and didn’t have any issues.

For most acoustic music, the 07 does just fine even at high volume. Just hip-hop, edm, dnb, etc that has its bass boosted mostly that it struggles.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #19,119 of 62,676
For most acoustic music, the 07 does just fine even at high volume. Just hip-hop, edm, dnb, etc that has its bass boosted mostly that it struggles.
I dunno. Check out the Leftfield song I mentioned. I was listening at 3/4 volume or maybe one click higher. It had no distortion. I agree if you max it out it does distort, but if not I haven’t experienced any issues.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #19,120 of 62,676
I dunno. Check out the Leftfield song I mentioned. I was listening at 3/4 volume or maybe one click higher. It had no distortion. I agree if you max it out it does distort, but if not I haven’t experienced any issues.
I max at my foobar and set my desktop volume to 78 and it start to clip for linkin park numb.

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #19,121 of 62,676
I am not bashing or disliking mifo 07, but at $149, it is a mid to high tier price and people have more expectation and be more critical than let say at twe in $50 price range. And mifo 07 is DEFINITELY not a basshead twe.

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #19,122 of 62,676
I max at my foobar and set my desktop volume to 78 and it start to clip for linkin park numb.

as a reference. I am on an iPhone XS Max.

I am listening to The Prodigy, Smack My Bitch Up. When my volume is set two clicks below max, it is plenty loud for me (as loud as I’d generally listen to music) and its distortion free in my opinion. If I click up one, to one click below max, I can sense distortion coming in it it’s not comfortable to listen at that volume. Distortion is worse at max, but again, I wouldn’t consider that a detriment. In fact. It’s probably for the better so I don’t tempt myself by listening at that volume.

Not sure what phone you have, but would be curious if you have an iPhone what your experience is with that song at those volumes.

Anyone know how I can confirm which codec, etc, is in use? Also wondering if that could be a difference in experiences, if there is a real difference.

of course, I feel like I’m trying to explain flavors of coffee I roast, or a wine...lol...so hard to do with just words!!!

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #19,123 of 62,676
I am not bashing or disliking mifo 07, but at $149, it is a mid to high tier price and people have more expectation and be more critical than let say at twe in $50 price range. And mifo 07 is DEFINITELY not a basshead twe.

absolutely agree that it isn’t for bass heads, but I do enjoy the way it plays the bass. Feels more real/pure. The Klipsch R6i set I have is definitely bass heavy, for instance!

PS. I know you aren’t bashing it! And you are bringing up valid points for sure. Just providing my perspective.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #19,124 of 62,676
absolutely agree that it isn’t for bass heads, but I do enjoy the way it plays the bass. Feels more real/pure. The Klipsch R6i set I have is definitely bass heavy, for instance!

Yes it is more like listening with studio monitor speaker without any subwoofer.

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #19,125 of 62,676
For those Spotify users out there, have you guys tried this SpotEQ app on the App Store?? It’s $6, but has an unbelievable equalizer and it works with your Spotify so it can be used for streaming. Blows the regular Spotify app out of the water. I’ve been able to significantly up the bass content on the N6 Pros to the point that they sound full, rich, and bassy, without any distortion at all, while maintaining their excellent detail retrieval. It also tells you as you are adjusting the EQ at what level distortion will occur. It’s amazing, feels like a whole new world. The N6 Pros just sound ridiculous now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back