Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 17, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #18,768 of 62,746
Got the B530 Pro. They don't indicate anywhere they are the "PRO" model, but the box is updated and they say they have a Qualcomm w/AptX. They have a micro usb port and i just listened to them for about 5 min.

Bass is great, super clean and prominent, but not Basshead, mids are full but a bit muffled in the low highs/high mids, highs have some nice sparkle but are a little on the bright side for me.
The left bud is a bit louder than the right :disappointed:. I'll burn them in this weekend and spend some more time with them. Also, the soundstage is nice and wide.

I just A/B'd them vs. FIIL T1X in Bass EQ. Save your money and get the FIIL. The tuning is much better balanced. I'm still going to burn the B530 Pro in, but Frankly it hurts my ears to turn it up. I tested them with the Same tips, which was a challenge because the B530's nozzle seems a bit smaller and a lot of my tips won't fit securely on them. I'm not saying they don't sound good, they do, but they are shouty on the high end and at louder volumes. At medium volume, they sound pretty dang good.

Yikes, no USB Type-C despite them saying there will be, but I guess it was an error with the mail message. Not really surprised though, might as well wait for the newer Rimor...

Sucks about the audio imbalance though, it once again makes me unassured about my online purchases as all the TWS I bought from Aliexpress exhibited similar imbalance...

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #18,769 of 62,746
https://www.androidcentral.com/wireless-headphone-future-needs-stronger-connection

this article is amusing for me. i don't think i ever complain about the connection of most of my TWSs in my collection right now. the last time i ever have crappy connection was the QCY Q29 from way long ago, and maybe some patchy but workable connection on the old WF-1000X and Anker Liberty Neo (which i believe now has an updated and improved version)

also battery life of TWSs has come a long way that it can reach 6 hours even with ANC on.

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #18,772 of 62,746
My SSKs have absolutely no thud. I thought they were 1-1 clone of anbes. Apparently SSK have done some r&d. Nice.

I just did a 12K with the SSK and for me they definitely have the Thud™
But as mentioned earlier, I have learned to ignore / accept / live with that.

037DB6EE-546E-4ABD-9225-82CD7B7F5D4D.jpeg

On a different note, I think I have not used those in the last 6-8 weeks, and while the case was out of battery, the buds still had 80% charge, connected without a hitch and did not have a single connection drop, even though I passed by the US embassy and some government facilities that must be radiating some jam signals that make other buds (and often my GPS) go haywire. Now, that's what I call a reliable TWS set.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #18,773 of 62,746
No thud when running ? It seems impossible if you have a tight seal and the air is trapped in your ear canal !

Thanks for the update on the PBP and the Spunky Beats. What bothered with the Anbes 359 (as well as the Bomakers or M5s) is that they start slipping when I run so I have to push them back into place, it's annoying. At least the Havit G1 have wings that keep them in place even if you can't expect a perfect seal to be maintained as if you were sitting at your desk. I'm going to give the GGMM T1s a little bit more thought before ordering them :wink:

Someone here has those GGMMs and complained about the fit.
I still need to write some observations on that one nameless pair of cheapos I mentioned before, thought they could be excellent running buds as the have semi open earpieces while using the PBP form factor. Unfortunately they just don’t get loud enough to use outdoors. The SQ is also not that great, but A for overall effort, interesting design (that case!) and if I am not mistaken, usb-c and volume control. All for 11$ :wink:
Those guys (a15 tws)

that would be me. now that i think of it, currently i might be the only one here to have it? :k701smile:
beside the fit, it ticks all the other boxes for me. IPX7, great touch control, good connection range, 9 hours battery, nice sound, no/minimal thud, and can be turned on/off without the case (this is important for me, because i often carry TWS without the case).
after i found the reversed foam tips hack, it fits nicely for me, and solve the only gripe i had on it. now it's one of my most used TWS for gym and running.

ps: it turns out i can only use foam tips on most of my IEMs reversed... so i guess it's the problem with my ears :o2smile::o2smile:

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #18,776 of 62,746
Finally sharing some thoughts on the KZ S1 hybrids. Still wondering why I am so ambivalent towards these. They are perfectly fine, good even. Scarbir rates them as better than the previous T1 ... maybe I did not try enough AB-ing ... or I just have TWS fatigue.

At that price they sure are a steal. They don't have that nasty volume hump that the T1 are plagued with. The case looks & feels very cheap IMHO and can't even keep upright when lid is open :D not a biggy, and it is more pocketable. Did I read somewhere that these have IPX4? Wondering because they seem to have some vent holes that the T1 do not have. Potential sweat ingress ports.

44C927E9-E62E-40DE-A6E2-C4220A9F4DE9.jpeg

Not sure if I like this green/blue/teal color, it looks very different in different lights ... at least something new :)

I have not fiddled with this game mode, but I am wondering what prevents this from being an 'always on' special? Maybe quality drops or it sucks more battery?

kzs1.jpg kzs1b.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #18,777 of 62,746
Re-ordered as back up? How much did you pay? My re-order allegedly arrived in country :)

$37 on Amazon. I had returned my other pair as it had connectivity issues. This new pair doesn't last as long. My old pair would get me about 4.5 hours, this pair just gave the low battery warning at 3:40...

Not looking good. I fully charged both sides before testing. I'll give it another shot tomorrow as I really like the form factor.

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #18,778 of 62,746
How about the infamous "runner's thud" though ? Also have you tried the PBPs again ? You'd mentioned they didn't have the "thud" some time ago. I may give it a last attempt to find IEMs for running in noisier (or windier) environments than the stellar X12s can handle by getting the GGMM T1s and their PBP form factor...

One more attempt to get some feedback from T1X owners about any static (sound of RF interference, not the "white noise" of say the L2P) in the right ear, am I really the only one with this problem ? That would mean I got a dud :frowning2:

Sorry I currently have two t1x's in my possession and neither have any static whatsoever.

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #18,779 of 62,746
Finally sharing some thoughts on the KZ S1 hybrids. Still wondering why I am so ambivalent towards these. They are perfectly fine, good even. Scarbir rates them as better than the previous T1 ... maybe I did not try enough AB-ing ... or I just have TWS fatigue.

At that price they sure are a steal. They don't have that nasty volume hump that the T1 are plagued with. The case looks & feels very cheap IMHO and can't even keep upright when lid is open :D not a biggy, and it is more pocketable. Did I read somewhere that these have IPX4? Wondering because they seem to have some vent holes that the T1 do not have. Potential sweat ingress ports.

Not sure if I like this green/blue/teal color, it looks very different in different lights ... at least something new :)

I have not fiddled with this game mode, but I am wondering what prevents this from being an 'always on' special? Maybe quality drops or it sucks more battery?

Agree, these look and feel like cheap toys you’d find bleached in the sun abandoned in a trailer park. I haven’t heard them yet for I cannot find out how to pair them.

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #18,780 of 62,746
Agree, these look and feel like cheap toys you’d find bleached in the sun abandoned in a trailer park. I haven’t heard them yet for I cannot find out how to pair them.

Ha, actually I do not find them looking THAT cheap :) I have some others that fit your description much better.
But I can see how it must be irritating when you can't get them paired. especially those touch field TWS, where there's apparently no easy way to do a reset. Have you asked the seller to help out? I had some success with other buds that way (seller contacting manufacturer and relaying a complicated quintuple touch tap challenge for each bud which eventually reset them and let them pair successfully)

Personally I had zero issues with these ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back