Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 17, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #18,736 of 62,184
That's awesome. I'm gonna try them out on the bus i take to work later this morning then to see if passively they isolatew well enough for that. Are the touch controls on yours rediculously sensative?? i didn't spend a ton of time with the first pair, but i bought a pair as a christmas gift for my Friend's son and i felt like the touch panels on his were mor sensitiv haen on my pair. I make it a point to touch just the outter most edge of them while putting them in etc and 99% of the time theres no issue. Also, not a deal breaker, but i do wish the controls were reversed. e.g. volume up and rwnd on left instead of right.

Really not a fan of touch panels, totally prefer clicky buttons ... i need one touch alone to locate the center .. by then I already paused the music, or my phone is calling my dentist .. so, I kinda stay away from them. I tried a double tab while running which utterly failed, it was easier to touch my phone while keeping it in my running belt and sense for the volume buttons ... can't say I find them extra fiddly, just as annoying as pretty much all other touch fields.

Jan 17, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #18,737 of 62,184
Really not a fan of touch panels, totally prefer clicky buttons ... i need one touch alone to locate the center .. by then I already paused the music, or my phone is calling my dentist .. so, I kinda stay away from them. I tried a double tab while running which utterly failed, it was easier to touch my phone while keeping it in my running belt and sense for the volume buttons ... can't say I find them extra fiddly, just as annoying as pretty much all other touch fields.

i always use touch controls with my full open palms.. much more precise and no "thud" sound. i also always seems to guess slightly when I'm using my finger

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #18,738 of 62,184
Wow! What clarity and details the Nuarl N6 Pro brings. I find the bass to be sufficient and the top end is detailed and clear without harshness, unlike the MW07 Go which is a sibilance fest. Definitely worth considering in this price range.

bdUHY7X.jpg

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #18,739 of 62,184
Ordered the TFZ Coco, Edifier TWS6, Wharfedale WPods, newest TaoTronics and the Geekfly in a single day. Only three via Amazon so I can send them back. Wth am I doing. :p

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #18,741 of 62,184
I did my first run with the Spunky Beats today and they performed very well. They do sound better than the APP ... my usual route has a lot of traffic that even the APP's ANC can't totally filter out, the SB did passively about the same. Quite impressed, especially given the price.
How about the infamous "runner's thud" though ? Also have you tried the PBPs again ? You'd mentioned they didn't have the "thud" some time ago. I may give it a last attempt to find IEMs for running in noisier (or windier) environments than the stellar X12s can handle by getting the GGMM T1s and their PBP form factor...

One more attempt to get some feedback from T1X owners about any static (sound of RF interference, not the "white noise" of say the L2P) in the right ear, am I really the only one with this problem ? That would mean I got a dud :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #18,742 of 62,184
To be clear, the MPOW M5/T5 connects via AAC.

Not on my Nokia 8 running Android 9, same as with the Bomaker, AAC does not "stick" and it's a "chirp" when I select it as opposed as a "silence+resume playing" when I select either SBC or aptX.

EDIT - Probably something to do with the interface though because with the AAC only Amazon Echo Buds the Bluetooth shows AAC but NOT the developer options.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #18,743 of 62,184
I may give it a last attempt to find IEMs for running in noisier (or windier) environments than the stellar X12s can handle by getting the GGMM T1s and their PBP form factor...

I’m looking for a TWS for the same reasons, haven’t pulled the trigger on any yet. I use the Klipsch X11s with comply tips for everything from cutting down trees with a chainsaw to mowing to working out to traveling on planes to studying and also at work.
That said, I hate the cord and the dongle needed for the iPhone. Ugh.

I’d really like to buy one TWS to deal with these situations and retain SQ. Just not sure where to go yet.

the new Klipsch T10 that was announced at CES2020 look grand, but at a projected price of $650...no way I can drop that kind of cash on something that tiny and easy to lose!!!

PS...$1000 for the McLaren T10? What.

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #18,744 of 62,184
Not on my Nokia 8 running Android 9, same as with the Bomaker, AAC does not "stick" and it's a "chirp" when I select it as opposed as a "silence+resume playing" when I select either SBC or aptX.

EDIT - Probably something to do with the interface though because with the AAC only Amazon Echo Buds the Bluetooth shows AAC but NOT the developer options.
This is what I got from the support of Bomaker:

Captura de ecrã 2020-01-17, às 16.09.56-01.png

One can for now on assume that at least the Bomaker Sifi equipped QCC3020 chipset does not support AAC. As for the other devices with the same chip, seems might still be a possibility that they are compatible according to the positive reports by people with those devices... Maybe it's an option within the chipset that can be activated or software implemented...

It's a pity that even the Bomaker Sifi's manual mentions their compatibility to AAC codec and even mentions iPhones...

IMG_0821-01.jpg

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #18,745 of 62,184
For those who have asked me what is my preferred mode on the Geekfly GF8, it is mode 3. I like how it has the best overall balance - engaging, bodied & sparkly. Mode 1 is slightly too bright for my taste. Mode 2 has a more laid-back presentation. Cheers!

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #18,746 of 62,184
How about the infamous "runner's thud" though ? Also have you tried the PBPs again ? You'd mentioned they didn't have the "thud" some time ago. I may give it a last attempt to find IEMs for running in noisier (or windier) environments than the stellar X12s can handle by getting the GGMM T1s and their PBP form factor...

the spunky beats have about the same thud as let’s say the Anbes 359. But truth be told, I noticed that I only get annoyed by the thud when I really focus on it. When I zone out in my run & the music I barely notice.
As for the PBP, they are still thudless in my experience, but it appears that sometimes the fit creates ... not sure how to describe, since the earpieces are kinda ‘hanging’ inside the ear, they sometimes seems to ever so gently ‘rattle’ around .. I get some audible click from seal-no seal off and on.
Curious what you think about the GGMM
Still think the x12 is best for absolute thudless running.

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #18,747 of 62,184
the spunky beats have about the same thud as let’s say the Anbes 359. But truth be told, I noticed that I only get annoyed by the thud when I really focus on it. When I zone out in my run & the music I barely notice.
As for the PBP, they are still thudless in my experience, but it appears that sometimes the fit creates ... not sure how to describe, since the earpieces are kinda ‘hanging’ inside the ear, they sometimes seems to ever so gently ‘rattle’ around .. I get some audible click from seal-no seal off and on.
My SSKs have absolutely no thud. I thought they were 1-1 clone of anbes. Apparently SSK have done some r&d. Nice.

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #18,748 of 62,184
No thud when running ? It seems impossible if you have a tight seal and the air is trapped in your ear canal !

Thanks for the update on the PBP and the Spunky Beats. What bothered with the Anbes 359 (as well as the Bomakers or M5s) is that they start slipping when I run so I have to push them back into place, it's annoying. At least the Havit G1 have wings that keep them in place even if you can't expect a perfect seal to be maintained as if you were sitting at your desk. I'm going to give the GGMM T1s a little bit more thought before ordering them :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #18,749 of 62,184
No thud when running ? It seems impossible if you have a tight seal and the air is trapped in your ear canal !

Thanks for the update on the PBP and the Spunky Beats. What bothered with the Anbes 359 (as well as the Bomakers or M5s) is that they start slipping when I run so I have to push them back into place, it's annoying. At least the Havit G1 have wings that keep them in place even if you can't expect a perfect seal to be maintained as if you were sitting at your desk. I'm going to give the GGMM T1s a little bit more thought before ordering them :wink:
Someone here has those GGMMs and complained about the fit.
I still need to write some observations on that one nameless pair of cheapos I mentioned before, thought they could be excellent running buds as the have semi open earpieces while using the PBP form factor. Unfortunately they just don’t get loud enough to use outdoors. The SQ is also not that great, but A for overall effort, interesting design (that case!) and if I am not mistaken, usb-c and volume control. All for 11$ :wink:
Those guys (a15 tws)
81859468-FFD9-47DE-A7CE-AC6AD588A8FB.jpeg

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #18,750 of 62,184

The bass vent probably acts as a pressure release, even I was astonished how weird it felt running without any thump and ambient music. Something I too never thought was possible, hope someone else with a pair can confirm for assurance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back