Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 10, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #17,056 of 62,266
Dec 10, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #17,057 of 62,266
Anker sent me an email letting me know the latest version of the L2P was ready, and they also sent along a return shipping label to send back my current L2P. They said they'll ship as soon as they see the return label scanned.

Dec 10, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #17,058 of 62,266
Quick update on my Air Pod Pro impressions. I decided to eq them in spotify and WOW!!!! I'm shocked how good they sound once i cranked up the bass and highs. I'm really blown away. Note, you won't get incredible bass with ANC or Transparency mode on. Now if apple would of just included an eq for them we'd have a real winner. To me they are better in every aspect than the XM3's, I will admit the ANC is very close and depending on the tips you use on the sony, the ambient clarity gets louder/softer etc. I really hope sony does a firmware to boost it. Another observation i've made is I can't get the sony's to sound great unless i'm using their tips. I don't have any spinfits to try, but the spiral dots bring more clarity but reduce the bass. The sony tips really enhance the sound of the bass, but make the mids sound thin. shrug. Anway. I think with EQ the Air Pods Pro might be worth the price point.

This EQ talk made me look around again ... pretty musch everything in the iOS ecosystem wants money to enable EQ option (VOX, my go to player for flac i.e. wants 50$ a year for that as part of the premium subscription!)
But I found HS Player and I am testing this out right now :) Sure get more bass when wanted, but will play around some more.

Dec 10, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #17,059 of 62,266
has anyone got their hands on the Fiio UTWS1 and tried it?

i had a pair of TRN BT20S that were unusable for me due to the fact that the earhook was so tight that i couldn't keep the tip in my ear, then broke the mmcx connector five minutes in by accident trying to remove the iems.

i was wondering if the Fiio UTWS1 is exactly the same with the same issues, or if it's been refined.

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #17,061 of 62,266
Been fiddling around with the FiiL T1X for about 4 days. Is it pronounced "Fill" or "Phi-ill" or "phi-ull", as in audio"phi"-"le"? Anyone got the answer?

Still trying to decide what I think overall on the SQ.

But I have to say, the connection is almost flawless. The connection is best of anything I have tried off this forum thread. The only cut outs have been when it has made sense.

Please play around with the tips. I finally got a tip, that I can insert the entire bud deeper into the canal. And wow a whole new level of SQ magic. I can listen at 3-4 clicks down on volume
than I usually do, and it sounds even better.

Unfortunately I cannot remember which old school COMPLY T's I have.

Will connect back with more impressions of TWS stuff as time rolls along

Yes the fiil t1x has the best Bluetooth connection than all my other tws. I don't think it ever drop once in my experience so far. Connect and reconnect also seamless.

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #17,062 of 62,266
X12 is one of those TWS out there that does not get enough attention

It's quite popular in my country's audio forum actually. Maybe because old school wired open earbuds are still have much love here (as you can see in my profile, i also have quite a few). Can't beat the X12 for indoor casual use. I often wear it on family gathering so i can occasionally watch youtube without bothering anyone, but still maintain alertness so I'm not branded anti social :jecklinsmile:

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #17,063 of 62,266
has anyone got their hands on the Fiio UTWS1 and tried it?

i had a pair of TRN BT20S that were unusable for me due to the fact that the earhook was so tight that i couldn't keep the tip in my ear, then broke the mmcx connector five minutes in by accident trying to remove the iems.

i was wondering if the Fiio UTWS1 is exactly the same with the same issues, or if it's been refined.

Have you tried to form the wires a bit by bending/flexing it? Out of the box they are also unusable to my ears, but after i form it, it fits nicely

Yes the fiil t1x has the best Bluetooth connection than all my other tws. I don't think it ever drop once in my experience so far. Connect and reconnect also seamless.

Stop talking about the Fiil! It makes want it real bad! :o2smile:
Too bad it's not available in my country, also there's only the older T1 on AE. Their on ear ANC BT headphones are also kinda interesting and have favorable reviews on youtube, but apparently it's been around quite some time now, don't know how it fares up to the newer tech

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #17,064 of 62,266
FYI, I don't see any spec differences as it relates to SQ between the QCC3020 and QCC3026.
There's definitely not difference. Perhaps an isolated bug fix. They hàve the same specs. But there is the QC5xxx quadcore chip, which might be reserved for larger equipment.
lets hope they develop something new now that their upcoming SD chips will support BT5.1

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #17,065 of 62,266
Have you tried to form the wires a bit by bending/flexing it? Out of the box they are also unusable to my ears, but after i form it, it fits nicely

Too bad it's not available in my country, also there's only the older T1 on AE. Their on ear ANC BT headphones are also kinda interesting and have favorable reviews on youtube, but apparently it's been around quite some time now, don't know how it fares up to the newer tech

I am going back to Jakarta on Feb :sunglasses:

Dec 10, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #17,066 of 62,266
Dec 10, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #17,067 of 62,266
Dec 10, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #17,068 of 62,266
Dec 11, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #17,069 of 62,266
Like the sound of the L2P but it feels so unwieldy and unergonomic. Those wings are pretty useless but removing them feels odd too. And yes they're ugly as hell when worn.

Got the FIIL T1X to try since it's on sale. I think I prefer it much more than the L2P. It's much easier to insert and wears much better. It also sounds airier compared to the L2P. The bass isn't as strong but it's still present, whereas the L2P sounds a bit congested now that I'm comparing it with the T1X.

Am I the odd one??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back