Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 11, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #17,071 of 62,112
This EQ talk made me look around again ... pretty musch everything in the iOS ecosystem wants money to enable EQ option (VOX, my go to player for flac i.e. wants 50$ a year for that as part of the premium subscription!)
But I found HS Player and I am testing this out right now :) Sure get more bass when wanted, but will play around some more.

For IOS only (afaik, not Android), there's no better EQ/player in the app store or anywhere else online than the Denon Audio app. Features Spline EQ with unlimited points of adjustment. Also includes TuneIn Radio streaming. Has a few useless presets that can be deleted and you can create and save and re-edit multiple curves (on the fly) for different headsets. (Tip: better to adjust in landscape mode) $1.99 to own, for anyone who can afford it. Seriously. Given quality tws earbuds, the range of improvement is amazing, but not a set-it-and-forget-it app. For tweakers only.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #17,072 of 62,112
So, i tested the WF1000XM3 for motorcycle riding this morning, after seeing that it can manage to fit inside my flip up helmet..

Man.....the ANC is life changing (a bit of hyperbole there, but it is indeed a great experience :o2smile: )
When i turn it on, it's like I'm being inside a car. I can still hear horns, people chatter, passing engine sound, etc, but it's so distant, and also the rumbling noise of the road was practically gone. The rumbling that i usually get using IEMs inside the helmet was also reduced greatly

I ended up using it without listening to music at all, just enjoying the weirdly serene riding experience.

The only negative point was when my son called me, the ANC mode was automatically switched off (or go to ambient mode?) , disrupting the quietness. I don't know if Sony can fix this with update, but i wish i can still receive phone calls with ANC mode on, but i guess it uses the same mics for voice and ANC

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #17,073 of 62,112
Have you tried to form the wires a bit by bending/flexing it? Out of the box they are also unusable to my ears, but after i form it, it fits nicely

The wire is stiff and snaps back. How to form it? And after, can it be re-formed for a different IEM?

Dec 11, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #17,074 of 62,112
The wire is stiff and snaps back. How to form it? And after, can it be re-formed for a different IEM?

just bend it on the opposite direction, when it snaps back, it would have a slightly wider curve to it. i posted this pic before but couldn't find it in the forum, so i just post it again:

20190718_093056.jpg

this shows the difference after reforming it compared to the factory bend form of the package. usually after you got a nice fit of the wire on one IEM, it would still be good to use with other IEMs. if not, you can just form it again

Dec 11, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #17,075 of 62,112
Dec 11, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #17,076 of 62,112
Has anyone here ever purchased anything from hifigo? I just emailed them and they said pre-orders for the 1more anc buds are gonna ship by December 15th.

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #17,077 of 62,112
Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #17,078 of 62,112
Dec 11, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #17,079 of 62,112
Most of you won't care for 90% of my music, but there are some really well produced tracks on this playlist of you care to listen. I tried to pick songs that really test the ability of the earbud. I'd love to hear some feedback and please feel free to share any tracks with me, I added a Meraba song from a member of the group to test over produced treble in vocals, it's seems to be a stupid trend in audio engineering with newer music.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Fm0OCFpU0CluKtoFGN3N9

3- is an excellent test for chaotic but melodic metal. listen for the china and the low bass. If you can hear the kick drums click and the left guitar in the bridge at the end with everything else going, your buds can separate well and have good highs
4- Great production of an awesome song with a huge wide sound
6- One of the Best recordings I've heard
7 - Clean super well produced electronic
17- Lots of keys, vocals, guitars and a HUGE chorus
20 - incredible low grindy guitar and that snare drum and beautiful clean guitar!
21 - super thin, incredibly over produced highs. If you can get this to sound good you have good gear.
22 - Prog. Metal at it's finest
27- Animals as leaders at their best. Fusion Jazz/Metal

Woah.. I'm listening now.. Thnx!

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #17,080 of 62,112
Aviot triple drivers TWS.

6k6Mc89.jpg

What beautiful sound these things emit! Endless layers of details! The sound is crisp clear and slightly bassy all at the same time, without resorting to tricks like pushing bright treble or muddy bass.

The dynamic drivers do crinkle when putting the buds into the ears.

Comfort is excellent and it is really lightweight. The buds are a tad longer than other buds but it's not too much.

Dec 11, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #17,082 of 62,112
Aviot triple drivers TWS.

6k6Mc89.jpg

What beautiful sound these things emit! Endless layers of details! The sound is crisp clear and slightly bassy all at the same time, without resorting to tricks like pushing bright treble or muddy bass.

The dynamic drivers do crinkle when putting the buds into the ears.

Comfort is excellent and it is really lightweight. The buds are a tad longer than other buds but it's not too much.
Nice! Those look seriously sexy. Doesn’t look like they’re available in the states yet, except for maybe ship from Japan. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back