Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 10, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #17,041 of 62,182
Pretty much.

Here’s another one that sounds good to me too

Have you verified you have ANC and transparency off? No, they definitely don’t have the bass extension of the liberty 2 Pro, but I think they have a lot more bass on the T1X, M5, SSK etc.
So, going for that neutral sound signature, eh? :p

upload_2019-12-10_11-47-52.png

Dec 10, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #17,042 of 62,182
Pretty much.

Here’s another one that sounds good to me too

Have you verified you have ANC and transparency off? No, they definitely don’t have the bass extension of the liberty 2 Pro, but I think they have a lot more bass on the T1X, M5, SSK etc.

Lolll that’s a pretty extreme Spotify eq. It wasn’t really the bass that I didn’t love, it was the timbre of the highs. Cymbals in particular did not sound good to me and lacked detail. On the bass, the one weird thing I heard was that the lower they went the more the attack disappeared. It wasn’t just extension, it lacked some detail there too. Honestly though I did feel they sounded solid, just not for $250. But if you got them for free then that’s awesome :)

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #17,045 of 62,182
Lolll that’s a pretty extreme Spotify eq. It wasn’t really the bass that I didn’t love, it was the timbre of the highs. Cymbals in particular did not sound good to me and lacked detail. On the bass, the one weird thing I heard was that the lower they went the more the attack disappeared. It wasn’t just extension, it lacked some detail there too. Honestly though I did feel they sounded solid, just not for $250. But if you got them for free then that’s awesome :)
Makes sense. I have a hard time with the highs on the MW07, and the L2pro and I do notice the small cymbals and high hats don't sound amazing, but I don't think i've found a TWS' besides maybe the FIIL, TEVI and maybe the sony that have decent reproduction of an china or a crash cymbal. :laughing:

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #17,046 of 62,182
Quick update on my Air Pod Pro impressions. I decided to eq them in spotify and WOW!!!! I'm shocked how good they sound once i cranked up the bass and highs. I'm really blown away. Note, you won't get incredible bass with ANC or Transparency mode on. Now if apple would of just included an eq for them we'd have a real winner. To me they are better in every aspect than the XM3's, I will admit the ANC is very close and depending on the tips you use on the sony, the ambient clarity gets louder/softer etc. I really hope sony does a firmware to boost it. Another observation i've made is I can't get the sony's to sound great unless i'm using their tips. I don't have any spinfits to try, but the spiral dots bring more clarity but reduce the bass. The sony tips really enhance the sound of the bass, but make the mids sound thin. shrug. Anway. I think with EQ the Air Pods Pro might be worth the price point.
Gotta get some Spinfits on the Sonys! mine sound MUCH better with the Spinfits on with minimal EQ.

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #17,047 of 62,182
Man, i got a second pair of T1x's and they just don't sound nearly as good as my first pair. These really do need a long burn in i guess.
Just ordered one, for almost $70 on Ali. Let’s say I’m even more curious now.

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #17,048 of 62,182
Sony wf-1000x
"with some volume issues, might be helped by cleaning"
Worth something?
I just got offered a pair for a compared to new very low price.
Are they nice soundwise? I have a hard time finding reviews that talks about anything else than anc.

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #17,049 of 62,182
Man, i got a second pair of T1x's and they just don't sound nearly as good as my first pair. These really do need a long burn in i guess.

Yes they do need burn in. The most noticeable difference will the bass. Once settled, the bass will tighten and the quantity will be lessen from my experience of having 2 of them.

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #17,050 of 62,182
Been fiddling around with the FiiL T1X for about 4 days. Is it pronounced "Fill" or "Phi-ill" or "phi-ull", as in audio"phi"-"le"? Anyone got the answer?

Still trying to decide what I think overall on the SQ.

But I have to say, the connection is almost flawless. The connection is best of anything I have tried off this forum thread. The only cut outs have been when it has made sense.

Please play around with the tips. I finally got a tip, that I can insert the entire bud deeper into the canal. And wow a whole new level of SQ magic. I can listen at 3-4 clicks down on volume
than I usually do, and it sounds even better.

Unfortunately I cannot remember which old school COMPLY T's I have.

Will connect back with more impressions of TWS stuff as time rolls along

Dec 10, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #17,052 of 62,182
Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #17,055 of 62,182
Received my Bomaker Sifi that I bought yesterday for 25 euros and so far I'm really pleased with them.

Sound seems definitely better overall than the 1more Stylish to me, and it's easier to get a better fit.
If you're French like me or live in France, there's a 50% discount going on on Amazon :)

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07XYR6PVS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_Qwb8DbKFX5X2G
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07XYR6PVS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_Qwb8DbKFX5X2G

Discount is over it seems ?
I remember passing on those in October after some here found the highs to be a tad harsh ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back