Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 5, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #16,790 of 62,457
I'm a huge fan of the Tevis for most anything that does not require a thumping bass (jazz, classical, acoustic, and even some rock etc.). The treble clarity and timbre is the best on any true wireless still imo. I do think that because of the lack of bass they lack versatility, and I myself usually need great bass in my TWS/headphones for daily listening. However, I do pull out my Tevis still particularly when I'm in the mood for some jazz. Maybe when (or if) they get the app to work it'll be possible to bring out the bass a bit more. I always felt that despite the lack of bass, it was very clean and therefore could perhaps do well with some EQ.

I like what your saying about the Tevi's, I also feel like they are definitely a purpose built TWS'. I'd be very interested in your impression of the FIIL T1x. I had hoped to do a comparison on both and the bomaker, but the Tevi's are no longer available on amazon and spending $90 on a one trick TWS, just isn't something i'm interested in. Especially after just picking up the Nuarl NT01A for $108. :wink:

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #16,791 of 62,457
Whelp, it took less than 48 hours but I lost my APP buds. Left them at the gym. I have the case. Went back and the buds are gone. Thing is - who would even want them? If they go online, they are registered to me so they are useless.
Damnit, man! I'm really sad to hear this. I left my last pair of T5's with my spinfits on them at a Tool concert, so I feel your pain, but $200 less of it. do the Airpods Pro have tracking built in to them?

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #16,793 of 62,457
Any chance you could compare the Nuarl and L2P with the Aviot te-d01b? I've always been curious about these seeing some of the rave reviews out of Japan.
I gave a comparison with Nuarl a while back : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-1045#post-15312105
As for L2P, they're bassy but I'm not into their tonality. The highs are artificial to me as well. Their aggressive sound is easier to get fatigue comparing to my other TWS.

For my music taste (vocals, classicals, pops, slow rock), Aviot te-d01b are my favorite, followed by Nuarl. Nuarl have slightly cloudy mids, which can be cleared by spiral dots++, while te-d01b work best for me with regular spiral dots. For fast-tempo and busy genres, the Avoit te-bd21f are starting to grow on me, if I can neglect the hiss.

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #16,794 of 62,457
I'll have the NT01A next week and I also have the L2p's i'll def. compare them.

Thanks! I've actually heard the Nuarls and the L2Ps but more interested in the Aviot models as we rarely see them mentioned on this thread.

...and damn you for your enabling ways. I have the NT01A sitting in my cart. I miss the sound of the AX even with all the weird quirks that annoyed me about them. If the bluetooth connection reliability has been improved, I think i could deal with the other quirks.

What's weird is I didn't even realize this was a new model since the naming convention of A vs AX makes the A seem like an "older" model.

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #16,795 of 62,457
I gave a comparison with Nuarl a while back : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-1045#post-15312105
As for L2P, they're bassy but I'm not into their tonality. The highs are artificial to me as well. Their aggressive sound is easier to get fatigue comparing to my other TWS.

For my music taste (vocals, classicals, pops, slow rock), Aviot te-d01b are my favorite, followed by Nuarl. Nuarl have slightly cloudy mids, which can be cleared by spiral dots++, while te-d01b work best for me with regular spiral dots. For fast-tempo and busy genres, the Avoit te-bd21f are starting to grow on me, if I can neglect the hiss.

Thanks, this is really helpful.

Is there more hiss with the bd21f versus the d01b?

EDIT: nevermind, went back and read where you said the d01b was the quietest noise floor you heard with TWS.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #16,796 of 62,457
I like what your saying about the Tevi's, I also feel like they are definitely a purpose built TWS'. I'd be very interested in your impression of the FIIL T1x. I had hoped to do a comparison on both and the bomaker, but the Tevi's are no longer available on amazon and spending $90 on a one trick TWS, just isn't something i'm interested in. Especially after just picking up the Nuarl NT01A for $108. :wink:

I've been crazy busy this week, but can definitely compare the T1Xs to the Tevis very soon. From memory, the T1Xs bass is actually quite impressive with decidedly more impact than the Tevis. The Tevis can actually go quite low, but drop off significantly at a point, whereas the T1Xs don't drop off to nearly the same degree. I do like the comparison though, the T1Xs mids and treble are great and should be comparable to the Tevis, but I'll check. Strangely, I'm having some comfort issues with the T1Xs, as I feel like the stems are going a little too far into my ears. Are you having this issue?

Def interested in your take on the Nuarls. Don't think you need to spend $90 on the Tevis at this point lolll

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #16,797 of 62,457
Damnit, man! I'm really sad to hear this. I left my last pair of T5's with my spinfits on them at a Tool concert, so I feel your pain, but $200 less of it. do the Airpods Pro have tracking built in to them?
Thanks. Impressively, they do track via findmyphone on IOS but they have to be online. Not entirely sure how that works but if someone finds them and tries to use them, they will be and be reported to me. Hoping they turn up - Apple's replacement cost is $89 per bud. I only paid $225 for them.

Dec 5, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #16,798 of 62,457

Yep, nearly the same as the Duet 50 but more pricey. Just curious about identifying the other model. Only ones on my radar really are the Edifier TWS NB and then Nuarl N6 Pro and nothing else unless some darkhorse appears. Perhaps a new one with onboard storage and ambient.

That being said I hope TWS get smarter at CES for next year. We have smart phones but dumb earphones. There is a $14 pair of wireless earphones that records your steps and says it back to you no app needed etc. Hope we get smarter models that have on board EQ and sports activity counting and can store files so you don't even need a phone or player if you choose like for sports or shoveling snow/snowblowing. Who needs a phone when you are bundled up out shoveling in a storm or raking the leaves? :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back