Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 5, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #16,801 of 62,203
Received my Fiil T1X's a couple hours ago. I like them. I wish I had purchased them before my L2Pro's, because those are just on another level of sound. Still, these really are great. As long as they stay in during runs (and they feel like they should), I think these will serve nicely as my training earbuds. They certainly pass the "The Amen Corner", "Silent Waters", and "Flying Whales" tests.

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #16,802 of 62,203
Thanks! I've actually heard the Nuarls and the L2Ps but more interested in the Aviot models as we rarely see them mentioned on this thread.

...and damn you for your enabling ways. I have the NT01A sitting in my cart. I miss the sound of the AX even with all the weird quirks that annoyed me about them. If the bluetooth connection reliability has been improved, I think i could deal with the other quirks.

What's weird is I didn't even realize this was a new model since the naming convention of A vs AX makes the A seem like an "older" model.
HAHA, that's what we do. yea, the nomenclature seems totally backwards for the Nuarls. I had them in my cart right before bed and was like. Screw It, i'm going for it. I'm really excited about them.

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #16,803 of 62,203
Anyone with the Sony WF's have a good custom EQ setting they can share. The presets all seem off to me. Bright gets closest but is a little shouty.
Do you like bright signatures? If so, I won't even bother sharing my blasphemous settings. :p

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #16,804 of 62,203
Thanks. Impressively, they do track via findmyphone on IOS but they have to be online. Not entirely sure how that works but if someone finds them and tries to use them, they will be and be reported to me. Hoping they turn up - Apple's replacement cost is $89 per bud. I only paid $225 for them.
You can always check to see if they turn up in the Lost & Found. Other than that, probably some dope that picked them up and thinks they may be able to do something with them. Seems like a tough task to get a new case for the buds, since they are all linked via SN.

https://support.apple.com/airpods/repair/service

On another note, what did you think of them the 2nd time around?

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #16,805 of 62,203
HAHA, that's what we do. yea, the nomenclature seems totally backwards for the Nuarls. I had them in my cart right before bed and was like. Screw It, i'm going for it. I'm really excited about them.
The Nuarl AA00A? Newest version, obviously. The Nuarl ZZ99Z Revision 9.9, Version 9.9? Oh, that's the first one released.

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #16,806 of 62,203
You can always check to see if they turn up in the Lost & Found. Other than that, probably some dope that picked them up and thinks they may be able to do something with them. Seems like a tough task to get a new case for the buds, since they are all linked via SN.

https://support.apple.com/airpods/repair/service

On another note, what did you think of them the 2nd time around?

I've warmed up to the sound. I used them a few times exercising and frankly in that setting they sound perfectly fine - maybe even good. It takes a little getting used to the sound signature. Where they really win me over is the fit and the ease of use. Nobody designs a product like Apple. On the bright side, if you can believe it, I found them. I accidentally took my kids air pod case to work and it was empty and it led me to mistakenly believe I left them at the gym. It took me a while to realize the case is shaped differently so false alarm and I'm back in business! I'm certain Apple could develop a stellar sounding product so I have to believe they just don't care to invest more in the sound quality and from a business perspective, it probably makes sense. Here's hoping someday they put it all together and knock it out of the park on sound too.

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #16,808 of 62,203
Just got the Bomaker again. :) Firstly, I have to say I REALLY enjoyed doing this comparison. I love Waking Aida and In my opinion this album has some of the best mastering and production I've ever heard in a recording. This drummer knows how to make his kit sound awesome, the bass is has that low rumble and enough tone to distinguish whether he's picking or using fingers. And the guitarists, my goodness. For a tiny band from England I was very fortunate to come across them on Spotify on day.

Now, to the brass tacs. I really like the Bomaker, but I love the T1x. I must mention I just pulled the Bowmaker's out of the box and i've been burning in the T1x for 2 days now. They keep getting better.

I'm very please to say they are both pretty similar, the first difference that stands out to me is the attack on the snare drum it's full, crisp I dunno, fulfilling as hell on the T1x, with the bowmaker it also sound great, but it's lacking a little Thwack after the Crack! :relieved: It's dialed down like someone put a couple pieces of duck tape on the snare. To me it takes away some of that depth and definition that makes your ears bleed when you standing next to someone playing drums.

A fantastic example of this is drummers who play metal snares I.E. Brad Wilk R.A.T.M and John Dolmayan of S.O.A.D. If you've ever listened to "Show me how to live" or "What you Are" on AudioSlaves first album (Excellent Recording) or "Toxicity" by S.O.A.D The Snare drums in those albums are all crack, not much Thwack. I digress..

Anyway, still really great mids on the bowmaker but highs and the low mids are slightly more tamed. you can really hear a diff in the performance in the Audioslave songs between the Two TWS' The T1x is just an unhinged beast, It's fuller bigger and just more exciting.

The Bowmaker has great controlled bass it's very balanced and sounds great. The T1x has less bass on the default EQ setting, more akin to the Tevi, you can really hear the highs and mids shine. With the Bass EQ on You get loads of more bass and it's a bit less controlled than the bomaker but I personally don't think it's too much at all and the highs and mids still sound wonderful.

When music gets busy, lots of guitars, cymbals etc. without strong bass it starts to hurt my ears. the T1x overall just sound more like i'm listening to a band play live. It seems to do a better job of separating vocals, guitars and cymbals, but I will complain that the vocals in some songs sound a bit narrow.

At the end of Track 6 you can really hear again how well even though the song is loud and busy every thing is very well defined. The T1x's sound stage isn't as wide as the bomaker, but I had to turn the volume down on the bomaker, because it started to sound to smashed together and bright.

If any of you Own either one of these TWS' or any TWS' you enjoy try these two tracks below or any track on this album, it's phenomenal. maybe even you old dudes will dig it. :wink: .

Track #5 That SNARE Drum is incredible!
Track #6 This song just grooves and then gets more and more complex and you can really hear how each bud handles all the instruments. and at around the 3 min. mark all the hair stands up on my arms. :astonished:

I thought the T1x did a better in the complex parts, this maybe due to the bomaker sounding a touch thinner in the middle? I'm not an expert just a guy who's addicted to TWS' and Loves music. This seems odd because the bowmaker's sound stage sounds seems wider than the T1x. However, in some instances like the SSK/Anbes certain tracks sound a bit too wide and detracts from the cohesion of the music. Afterall we don't hear music in surround when we go to a concert, so why would we want to in our TWS'? I dunno call me a purist or an idiot, i don't care. :wink:

In Summary, If you like the Bomaker Sifi, I think you'll absolutely love the T1x. Now i'll just wait for @tma6's comparison to the Tevi.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #16,809 of 62,203
I've warmed up to the sound. I used them a few times exercising and frankly in that setting they sound perfectly fine - maybe even good. It takes a little getting used to the sound signature. Where they really win me over is the fit and the ease of use. Nobody designs a product like Apple. On the bright side, if you can believe it, I found them. I accidentally took my kids air pod case to work and it was empty and it led me to mistakenly believe I left them at the gym. It took me a while to realize the case is shaped differently so false alarm and I'm back in business! I'm certain Apple could develop a stellar sounding product so I have to believe they just don't care to invest more in the sound quality and from a business perspective, it probably makes sense. Here's hoping someday they put it all together and knock it out of the park on sound too.
Oh Man! It's a Christmas Miracle!!!

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #16,810 of 62,203
Just got the Bomaker again. :) Firstly, I have to say I REALLY enjoyed doing this comparison. I love Waking Aida and In my opinion this album has some of the best mastering and production I've ever heard in a recording. This drummer knows how to make his kit sound awesome, the bass is has that low rumble and enough tone to distinguish whether he's picking or using fingers. And the guitarists, my goodness. For a tiny band from England I was very fortunate to come across them on Spotify on day.

Now, to the brass tacs. I really like the Bomaker, but I love the T1x. I must mention I just pulled the Bowmaker's out of the box and i've been burning in the T1x for 2 days now. They keep getting better.

I'm very please to say they are both pretty similar, the first difference that stands out to me is the attack on the snare drum it's full, crisp I dunno, fulfilling as hell on the T1x, with the bowmaker it also sound great, but it's lacking a little Thwack after the Crack! :relieved: It's dialed down like someone put a couple pieces of duck tape on the snare. To me it takes away some of that depth and definition that makes your ears bleed when you standing next to someone playing drums.

A fantastic example of this is drummers who play metal snares I.E. Brad Wilk R.A.T.M and John Dolmayan of S.O.A.D. If you've ever listened to "Show me how to live" or "What you Are" on AudioSlaves first album (Excellent Recording) or "Toxicity" by S.O.A.D The Snare drums in those albums are all crack, not much Thwack. I digress..

Anyway, still really great mids on the bowmaker but highs and the low mids are slightly more tamed. you can really hear a diff in the performance in the Audioslave songs between the Two TWS' The T1x is just an unhinged beast, It's fuller bigger and just more exciting.

The Bowmaker has great controlled bass it's very balanced and sounds great. The T1x has less bass on the default EQ setting, more akin to the Tevi, you can really hear the highs and mids shine. With the Bass EQ on You get loads of more bass and it's a bit less controlled than the bomaker but I personally don't think it's too much at all and the highs and mids still sound wonderful.

When music gets busy, lots of guitars, cymbals etc. without strong bass it starts to hurt my ears. the T1x overall just sound more like i'm listening to a band play live. It seems to do a better job of separating vocals, guitars and cymbals, but I will complain that the vocals in some songs sound a bit narrow.

At the end of Track 6 you can really hear again how well even though the song is loud and busy every thing is very well defined. The T1x's sound stage isn't as the bomaker, but I had to turn the volume down on the bomaker.

If any of you have either one of these TWS' try these two tracks below or any track on this album, it's phenomenal. maybe even you old dudes will dig it. :wink: .

Tracl #6 This song just grooves and then gets more and more complex and you can really hear how each bud handles all the instruments. and at around the 3 min. mark all the hair stands up on my arms. :astonished:

I thought the T1x did a better in the complex parts, this maybe due to the bomaker sounding a touch thinner in the middle? I'm not an expert just a guy who's addicted to TWS' and Loves music. This seems odd because the bowmaker's sound stage sounds seems wider than the T1x. However, in some instances like the SSK/Anbes certain tracks sound a bit too wide and detracts from the cohesion of the music. Afterall we don't hear music in surround when we go to a concert, so why would we want to in our TWS'? I dunno call me a purist or an idiot, i don't care. :wink:

In Summary, If you like the Bomaker Sifi, I think you'll absolutely love the T1x. Now i'll just wait for @tma6's comparison to the Tevi.

This is awesome! will do a Tevi comparison this weekend

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #16,812 of 62,203

At the end of Track 6 you can really hear again how well even though the song is loud and busy every thing is very well defined. The T1x's sound stage isn't as wide as the bomaker, but I had to turn the volume down on the bomaker, because it started to sound to smashed together and bright.

If any of you Own either one of these TWS' or any TWS' you enjoy try these two tracks below or any track on this album, it's phenomenal. maybe even you old dudes will dig it. :wink: .

Track #6 This song just grooves and then gets more and more complex and you can really hear how each bud handles all the instruments. and at around the 3 min. mark all the hair stands up on my arms. :astonished:

I love your write-up here. Thanks. The only thing I'll disagree with is the comment about not hearing in surround sound at a concert. We absolutely do. I think this is why I love the SSK so much. The other night while listening to them I was astonished that the toms on a drum fill sounded like they were 10 yards away on the left side. It was truly incredible. These things just have no business being this good for $21.

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #16,813 of 62,203
Dec 5, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #16,814 of 62,203
I love your write-up here. Thanks. The only thing I'll disagree with is the comment about not hearing in surround sound at a concert. We absolutely do. I think this is why I love the SSK so much. The other night while listening to them I was astonished that the toms on a drum fill sounded like they were 10 yards away on the left side. It was truly incredible. These things just have no business being this good for $21.
I totally agree. I got a 2nd pair of 359's for $20 on ebay and it's just insane how good they sound for the price. You should share this song with me. I want to hear! I guess my perspective is from drumming and sitting behind a kit. I def. want to hear the hats on my left and my toms of to the right. Drummers perspective. It's funny, I pulled out my SSK's and listened to these tracks, they just sound wonderful. They actually sound very similar, but less wide and the bass is a little more responsive. but they too have better separation in the highs when the music gets busy, it's just amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back