Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 5, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #16,772 of 61,375
I received my new ssk bt03 today and have to say they are fantastic! Prefer the sound to the MPOW T5s. Thanks to all of you in the thread who shared your experiences.

Unfortunately the left hand ear bud doesn't hold charge for more than 25 minutes. Then a voice continuously comes on and says 'please charging'. So I guess this is defective and I need to send it back.

Unless any of you have experienced this and know of a way to 'fix' it?

Thanks in advance.
Wait...where are these available? I've been looking for a 2nd pair.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #16,773 of 61,375
Thanks, yes I charged them 4 times fully as well as overnight. But I'll try again, you never know
Darn. Better contact the seller...

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #16,775 of 61,375
My L2P are boxed up and ready to send back to Anker. I just could not get a good fit and it has made me question TWS because they were my 1st set.
Get the Nuarl's NT01AX or the updated version while they're cheap on Amazon ahead of the N6 Pro launch..... is what I'd suggest - before you lose your faith in TWS.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #16,776 of 61,375
Thanks for all the feedback about the Nurl NT01AX. I do remember now seeing some post from a while ago about the hiss and it's good to know about some of the form factor issues. I ended up ordering the NT01A. I'm hoping with it's recent release they have addressed the hissing issue by switching to the QCC2020. I also like that it comes with spin fits, USB-C and a pouch for $19 more. I picked it up on amazon for $108. Impressions to come.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #16,780 of 61,375
Anyone with the Sony WF's have a good custom EQ setting they can share. The presets all seem off to me. Bright gets closest but is a little shouty.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #16,781 of 61,375
My L2P are boxed up and ready to send back to Anker. I just could not get a good fit and it has made me question TWS because they were my 1st set.

I've found the fit is highly variable between different models, so I wouldn't worry about it. Some were horrific with fit but more often than not I had no issues or only minor issues that could be solved with different tips from among the selection provided by the manufacturer in the box. It also seems like the L2P is probably the most controversial in terms of fit (which again, I find surprising how easily they fit my weird ears) so don't let that color your experience.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #16,782 of 61,375
Could you tell me if your TE-BD21f-pnk have any noticeable hiss? I got the regular TE-BD21f two days ago, still in burn-in stage. I love the overall package but the hiss kills me. Slightly less than L2P 2nd version, but still quite noticeable. If I paid their regular price in Japan (~$150), I won't mind, but I paid $260 here in USA from 3rd party on Amazon, so it's a little bit hard to swallow. Other than that, I would say they're upgrade, non-fatigue version of L2P with less bass, clearer mids, sparkly yet non piercing highs. The bass impact is still there with good texture and decay from the 9mm DD, just not so profound as L2P. Most importantly, the tonality/timbre is accurate to my ears, which is not the case in L2P. Comparing with Aviot te-d01b and Nuarl nt01ax, they sound sightly warmer and thicker, closer to NW07. Their shape is Frankenstein in ears, but very light (about 5g) and extremely comfortable and great isolation. A funny thing is that their nozzles are oval shape, and the stock tips are oval as well both in stem and outer, a first in my IEM collections. Their sound sig is tuned toward main stream music, which surprised me as I excepted they go up along te-d01b. Without the hiss, they're a keeper, though not so wowed as by te-d01b. Now with the hiss, I may still keep them in rotation, considering the difficulty in returning them. The seller delivered them in 2 days from Japan, and responded well with my concerns, sending me an English manual. I'll see if I can stand the hiss later on.

Any chance you could compare the Nuarl and L2P with the Aviot te-d01b? I've always been curious about these seeing some of the rave reviews out of Japan.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #16,783 of 61,375
Dec 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #16,784 of 61,375
Thanks for your input. I’ve never been so torn as to what to rate the sound. They do have the best treble under 100 dollars - crisp, clean, airy - but when more complex songs demand both highs and lows, the bass and lower-mids fade away next to the abundance of clarity. I’m more of a basshead myself - I just need to know if these are heaven for treble lovers - or lacking in fullness for them as well. :)

Maybe I should just stick closer to myself. Can I enjoy these truly without longing for another pair —> no.
100% agree. I was pretty upset when I got them because I wanted to love them, but I couldn't turn them up past 60% without killing my eardrums due to lack of low end. I even exchanged them for another pair just to make sure I didn't get a dud. My personal opinion is just keep reviewing them based on your impressions, You're reviews are fantastic and your experience with so many TWS' is invaluable to this community. I for one have made many of my purchases based off your reviews especially when I was just getting started.

On that note, I just Tested to the Dveda touch two C5. If you hate treble and clarity and love bass. it's a 9/10. LOL.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #16,785 of 61,375
I'm currently writing my Lypertek Tevi review. I've spent so many hours with it, I don't want to be too locked-up in my own judgment. What do you think of it, compared to your other (favorite) wireless earphones?

I'm a huge fan of the Tevis for most anything that does not require a thumping bass (jazz, classical, acoustic, and even some rock etc.). The treble clarity and timbre is the best on any true wireless still imo. I do think that because of the lack of bass they lack versatility, and I myself usually need great bass in my TWS/headphones for daily listening. However, I do pull out my Tevis still particularly when I'm in the mood for some jazz. Maybe when (or if) they get the app to work it'll be possible to bring out the bass a bit more. I always felt that despite the lack of bass, it was very clean and therefore could perhaps do well with some EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back