Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 5, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #16,756 of 62,422
You should wait until the app is released. It's imminent. Got this message two days ago: "Sorry for the confusion. We will release the detail instruction this week. :)"
The app is ready for download in the Apple app store, and already got 2 or 3 updates. No sign of any app on Google Play.
https://apps.apple.com/sg/app/lypertek/id1486702910
I could wait, but the iPhone app doesn't work at all...

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #16,759 of 62,422
Urbanista Athens

410817-Product-0-I_large.jpg

Ordered these a few weeks back. They should be here later this week. Will put up a review as soon as I can. I'm hopeful they meet the criteria I have been looking for.

Overview of what they are.

- Battery: 8 hrs.
- Case: 32 hrs.
- IP67 Rating
- Bass Oriented
- Smaller than most other models on market
- USB C
- Bluetooth 5.0
- About $90 if on sale
- Swedish company

Below is the only real review that I know of so far.

https://www.stuff.tv/urbanista/athens/review

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #16,760 of 62,422
Urbanista Athens

Ordered these a few weeks back. They should be here later this week. Will put up a review as soon as I can. I'm hopeful they meet the criteria I have been looking for.

Overview of what they are.

- Battery: 8 hrs.
- Case: 32 hrs.
- IP67 Rating
- Bass Oriented
- Smaller than most other models on market
- USB C
- Bluetooth 5.0
- About $90 if on sale
- Swedish company

Below is the only real review that I know of so far.

https://www.stuff.tv/urbanista/athens/review
Those look interesting...

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #16,761 of 62,422
In the end your ears are the final judge, not the codec name. People tend to assign to codec some totemic importance in the sound quality. In fact it's just a small part in a very long and complex psycho-acoustic chain that in sum makes or breaks the sound you perceive. That's why you can have TWS with the most advanced QC chip sporting the best AptX HD implementation while in the end it still produces cringe inducing sounds, all because they skimped on the driver or didn't know how to properly design and tune the chamber. Or, as an opposite example, there's MW07 Plus/Go omitting AAC and still sounding awesome on iPhones, and that just using "lowly" SBC.

I was just searching for APTX HD because I discovered how much better aptx HD was over aptx, AAC, and the standard SBC. I used MPOW BH259A with MH755 on receiver end, and I used a cheap amazon variety optical SPDIF to APTX HD transmit (from Mac headphone jack). The sound detail was impressive. And I did not lose range to get the detail. But I have no way to compare to other bt receivers because I don't have any other APTX HD receiver than MPOW. I recommend APTX HD and hopefully more devices will support this.

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #16,763 of 62,422
Yes I've done that comparison and the WF are noticeably behind the Bose QC-25, the problem is they don't have very good passive isolation (probably due to their weird design) and ANC only works well for lower frequencies not for the higher frequencies that have to be dealt with by passive isolation. Same problem with the APPs (and the Liberty Track Air+ or the QC20) in fact. Sure the ANC is "impressive" when it's turned on but that's because their passive isolation is not great. Contrast with the Amazon Echo Buds that have great passive isolation (the concha is completely blocked), turning on ANR isn't super impressive but with both combined it's the best isolation on the market for TWEs (see rtings measurements and you can listen to their samples too), very close to the QC-25.
I think a more accurate comparison would be the WH-1000xm3 to the QC-25,35 etc. Over the Ear to Over the Ear or Even comparing the WF-1000xm3 to the Bose QC-20. which is not a TWS'. Is still comparing an apple to an orange.

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #16,764 of 62,422
i made speculation in my mind that the ultimate noise blocking solution would using an IEM and put an ANC headphone above it :o2smile::o2smile:

the passive noise blocking of this Sony is indeed a bit less than the others. I'll try tip rolling later to find the best noise reduction, though this one is good enough to remove rumble and letting people voice to come through, so i can still hear them talking a bit (can be a plus or a minus)

I'd tried some Comply tips T-200 Isolation and Music tips and while they sealed my ear canal perfectly they didn't really help with isolation. It's probably due to the shape of the earbuds, like the L2Ps they don't fill the concha so isolation isn't as good as those that do (65t, Echo Buds). The Comply tips were not a good idea anyway as they degraded the SQ.
I think a more accurate comparison would be the WH-1000xm3 to the QC-25,35 etc. Over the Ear to Over the Ear or Even comparing the WF-1000xm3 to the Bose QC-20. which is not a TWS'. Is still comparing an apple to an orange.
Looks like you missed our friend's question : "now does anyone here have compare the ANC of the Wf-1000xm3 to headphones or other ANC IEMs like Bose, etc?"

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #16,766 of 62,422
I'd tried some Comply tips T-200 Isolation and Music tips and while they sealed my ear canal perfectly they didn't really help with isolation. It's probably due to the shape of the earbuds, like the L2Ps they don't fill the concha so isolation isn't as good as those that do (65t, Echo Buds). The Comply tips were not a good idea anyway as they degraded the SQ.

Looks like you missed our friend's question : "now does anyone here have compare the ANC of the Wf-1000xm3 to headphones or other ANC IEMs like Bose, etc?"
It appears so. :ksc75smile:
I'm currently writing my Lypertek Tevi review. I've spent so many hours with it, I don't want to be too locked-up in my own judgment. What do you think of it, compared to your other (favorite) wireless earphones?
nice Highs, good mids, not near enough bass and about $40 overpriced. I feel like nearly cloning the T5/M5 form factor if anything should of reduced their costs. If the app worked, and I could EQ them i'd pay $50 for them.

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #16,768 of 62,422
I received my new ssk bt03 today and have to say they are fantastic! Prefer the sound to the MPOW T5s. Thanks to all of you in the thread who shared your experiences.

Unfortunately the left hand ear bud doesn't hold charge for more than 25 minutes. Then a voice continuously comes on and says 'please charging'. So I guess this is defective and I need to send it back.

Unless any of you have experienced this and know of a way to 'fix' it?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #16,769 of 62,422
It appears so. :ksc75smile:

nice Highs, good mids, not near enough bass and about $40 overpriced. I feel like nearly cloning the T5/M5 form factor if anything should of reduced their costs. If the app worked, and I could EQ them i'd pay $50 for them.
Thanks for your input. I’ve never been so torn as to what to rate the sound. They do have the best treble under 100 dollars - crisp, clean, airy - but when more complex songs demand both highs and lows, the bass and lower-mids fade away next to the abundance of clarity. I’m more of a basshead myself - I just need to know if these are heaven for treble lovers - or lacking in fullness for them as well. :)

Maybe I should just stick closer to myself. Can I enjoy these truly without longing for another pair —> no.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #16,770 of 62,422
I received my new ssk bt03 today and have to say they are fantastic! Prefer the sound to the MPOW T5s. Thanks to all of you in the thread who shared your experiences.

Unfortunately the left hand ear bud doesn't hold charge for more than 25 minutes. Then a voice continuously comes on and says 'please charging'. So I guess this is defective and I need to send it back.

Unless any of you have experienced this and know of a way to 'fix' it?

Thanks in advance.
Some TWS need to be charged fully before using them. I remember I had the same thing with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back