Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 15, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #15,586 of 62,223
Thanks. Sounds tempting.
EQ aside, how is the bass response on these and comfort? My ears are on the smaller side and I find some IEMs uncomfortable after extended listening periods. My IBasso IT01 make my ears hurt after a while.
Bass response is deep and it's a clean, detailed, resonating bass. It's not a muddy, mushy, or any other negative adjective. Comfort is good and it sits nicely in the ear with plenty of ear tips and wings to get the right fit.

Nov 15, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #15,587 of 62,223
My Soundcore Pro 2s are waiting for me at home, I can't wait. A question for owners -- are you hearing the hissing all the time, or is it worse when the music is paused? Any suggestions on test tracks to use to hear it?
My first pair had hissing and it was not volume dependent, meaning I could turn volume all the way down and it was still there, just as turning up the volume didn't change the hiss level.

My second pair does not have any appreciable hissing. There is a very faint hiss if you listen for it with no music playing, but it's very mild and pretty much on par with any good TWS setup. This pair is supposedly the "new version".

There was a gap in availability on Amazon from the intial release to the new release. From all the comments and responses from Anker themselves, apparently there was a gain issue on many of the originally produced units that was later fixed on the "new version". One would think this could have been handled via firmware update, but I suspect the gap in availability was because they had to remedy a hardware issue somewhere in the audio chain.

Nov 15, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #15,589 of 62,223
My second pair does not have any appreciable hissing. There is a very faint hiss if you listen for it with no music playing, but it's very mild and pretty much on par with any good TWS setup. This pair is supposedly the "new version".
For someone who's never owned any TWS before, how can you tell if what you're hearing is normal vs abnormal hiss?

Was the hiss in your first pair very apparent/noticeable?

Nov 15, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #15,590 of 62,223
20191115_103502_HDR.jpg

Newest member of the L2P club.

Initial impressions are very positive.

Will do more listening this afternoon.

Nov 15, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #15,591 of 62,223
For those with the mw07 plus. Is there a way to manually activate the anc? Or is it supposed to be automatic, because tbh it sounds like it's not working at all.

hold the volume down button

Nov 15, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #15,593 of 62,223
Anyone have any experience here with the Audio-Tecnica ATH-SPORT7TW? Wonder how it compares to the Melomania or SSK (I have both). It's the only AT that has hear through with the ability to control how much ambient noise it lets through, which had me interested. Battery life is not great but sufficient for my use. Any reviews would be appreciated.

No one has experience with these? Did a search and nothing came up. Hoping someone has here.

Nov 15, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #15,597 of 62,223
For someone who's never owned any TWS before, how can you tell if what you're hearing is normal vs abnormal hiss?

Was the hiss in your first pair very apparent/noticeable?
Since I have over 20 pairs of TWS' and have tried countless more, my basis for comparison is pretty good, so I can say the L2P that I recently received is quite normal. Most wireless units have a faint hissing/noise floor, but it's largely unnoticed during the course of normal use, even on tracks with quiet spots (classical, etc).

The hiss on the first unit was very apparent and completely abnormal.

Certainly, I cannot guarantee the pair you receive will be the same as mine, but there is a stark difference between the 2 and because of the gap in availability, I can only assume Amazon's stock is all the "new version". The good thing is, you can return/exchange if you want with Amazon. Also, if you don't want to go through Amazon for some reason, Anker will deal with you directly.

Nov 15, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #15,598 of 62,223

Well, there is no denying it now. I officially have a problem. These are just the ones I've kept.
Welcome to the club. I think I have a few more lying around, but gives you an idea of how the mind becomes warped. Better than drugs, though!IMG_2362.jpg

Nov 15, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #15,599 of 62,223
Anyone else apart from @tma6 got the 75ts ? I've seen claims in Amazon "reviews" that there is no "thump" when walking and running...which I find hard to believe since they're also said in these reviews that they isolate more than the 65ts that have a bad thump, like all "IEMs" out there actually. Even the shallow insertion APP with its "vent" has it.

Nov 15, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #15,600 of 62,223
Hey guys, got myself the 1more stylish on 11.11 for 45 euros (50$), I wanted to know if I could have gotten something better for the same price ? I'll probably only use them until Google release their TWS if they do not end up being trash.

I know you're supposed to ask before buying something but the tempatation was too big... In any case they'll be definitely better than my Syllable S101 and Wavefun Xpods 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back