Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 24, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #14,057 of 62,798
I finally received my TRN T200 buds earlier today so will post a few preliminary comments. Although unboxing is not a very exciting thing for me, I do try to save all my boxes "just in case". The T200 box was without doubt, the most challenging to open without damage of any packages I have received. The sleeve just fits so tight it's nearly impossible to slide off without damage. Takes patience and finesse, neither of which are my stronger virtues!

That said, the buds are nicely crafted and give the appearance of a much more pricey IEM. The case is quite small, about the size of that of my Libratone. Charging is via Micro USB. The T200 is fairly petite and fits in my ear very nicely. It does seem to offer more passive isolation that most of my other buds.

So far, the sound is decent given an appropriate volume setting. Pushed hard, the BA highs seem to get a little harsh/strident but the dynamic driver does a good job of delivering bass without blooming into the mids. Vocals are nice, with staging sounding pretty realistic. A sense of depth is also present, not what I would call holographic but a cut above the norm at this price point.

The T200 does support SBC/AAC/AptX. Touch controls are probably the low point as I thought a single touch is supposed to adjust volume and call up the voice assistant, although I can't find any info that definitely states that the volume can be controlled from the earpiece. However, I have not yet been able to adjust the volume either up (Rt touch) or down (Lt touch) so I have my doubts if this feature is included. I will play around longer and see what happens. A double tap both accomplishes Play/Pause and Answers/Hangup calls. 3 taps on the left bud is next song and a single click on the right is previous song. Rather confusing.

I will pair them with a couple of my DAP's to get a better sense of how they perform as so far I have only used them with my Moto G7 Power smartphone.

I really want to like them as the fit and build are just fine.

Very interested in how these end up after some burn in, and how they compare to other Chi-Fi units!!

Oct 24, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #14,058 of 62,798
Gotcha. Sucks. Yeah, Amazon may be the best for you, but just make sure you don't return too much, because they will send you a "we're concerned" email. LOL!

For the record, the WF-1000XM3 are solid and I definitely like them, quite a bit actually. Typical Sony house sound, but there is an App for EQ, so you can adjust to your preferences.

The current version of the Liberty 2 Pro does have a hiss. It's louder than the typical noise floor, no question. Whether you can hear it or not, well, that depends on your ears. I've been told my hearing is like that of an Owl's, as I'm always telling others around me to "be quiet" and "stop talking so loud, I'm just right here!". :p They claim to be releasing a "new version", so I would hold out for those. Other than the hiss, they sound very, very good. The standard Liberty 2 also sounds quite lovely and has about 50% of the hiss and 90% of the SQ of the Pros. They are actually a bit more fun than the Pros with a little extra bass depth. I personally decided to go with the Liberty 2 instead of paying $50 more and waiting for the Pros. I also lack patience when it comes to audioholic stuff.

As noted in this thread, the new MW07 Go and Plus seem to have omitted AAC and do not have multipoint like the original MW07. :xf_eek:

I am an android guy so can live without AAC but actually prefer it over APTx quite often as I find it not a brittle sounding. So am thinking of waiting for more reviews of the MW07 Go. I like the Sony signature so am tempted to just go WF1000XM3 but have not since they are hard to find still. But these Soundcore IEM also have me interested but are not available on Amazon.ca yet.

So I will continue to read and wait a bit longer.

Poor me I will have to just use my MTW in the meantime LOL. Or if I can ever find them my WF700 or Samsung Buds both are lost at the moment which really peeves me off.

Bottom line, I have wayyyyyy to much techno stuff :wink:

Oct 24, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #14,059 of 62,798
Very interested in how these end up after some burn in, and how they compare to other Chi-Fi units!!
Unfortunately, the T200 is going to be relegated to my box of disappointments. The treble remains thin and sibilant, totally spoiling the listening experience for me. Also, the range on both my phone and R5 DAP is only about 10-12' before connectivity interruptions. A shame, as it is a very nice-looking IEM. I did confirm that it receives SBC, AAC and AptX although the highs sound just as bad to me with all 3. I don't think burn-in would have any noticeable effect on the balanced armature that handles the highs.
I will likely use them as a bonus extra for something else I may sell in the future.

Oct 24, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #14,060 of 62,798
Gotcha. Sucks. Yeah, Amazon may be the best for you, but just make sure you don't return too much, because they will send you a "we're concerned" email. LOL!

For the record, the WF-1000XM3 are solid and I definitely like them, quite a bit actually. Typical Sony house sound, but there is an App for EQ, so you can adjust to your preferences.

The current version of the Liberty 2 Pro does have a hiss. It's louder than the typical noise floor, no question. Whether you can hear it or not, well, that depends on your ears. I've been told my hearing is like that of an Owl's, as I'm always telling others around me to "be quiet" and "stop talking so loud, I'm just right here!". :p They claim to be releasing a "new version", so I would hold out for those. Other than the hiss, they sound very, very good. The standard Liberty 2 also sounds quite lovely and has about 50% of the hiss and 90% of the SQ of the Pros. They are actually a bit more fun than the Pros with a little extra bass depth. I personally decided to go with the Liberty 2 instead of paying $50 more and waiting for the Pros. I also lack patience when it comes to audioholic stuff.

As noted in this thread, the new MW07 Go and Plus seem to have omitted AAC and do not have multipoint like the original MW07. :xf_eek:
Did you get another "we're concerned email like the one you refered to when you mentioned returning 12 headphones in 12 days? Or just sharing your cautionary experience again? just curious.

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #14,061 of 62,798
The tevi's came in today, and am home from work so tried them for a bit before charging. My initial thoughts, they definitely have a very similar sound to the Mpow T5, but with less bass just as d3myz mentioned. That's exactly what i wanted though. I think the mids sounded a bit better and a lot mor treble on the tevis imo, but i like it. They use the exact same voice prompts you hear on the T5 and ofusho f16, each bud works indipendetly as advertised, the buttons on the tevi are round, the ones on the T5 are rectangular if i remember correctly. will post mor after they've charged and i've spent mor time listening to them.

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #14,062 of 62,798
I’ve noted in prior posts that I have been experiencing frequent dropped Bluetooth connections when using my Liberty 2 Pros with my iPhone 11 Pro. These dropped connections always occur when I’m using the microphone on the earphones (i.e., when on a call or when recording a voice memo). The dropped connections occur randomly, but once they start occurring they occur frequently. A factory reset of the earphones seems to help for a while, but the disconnections always come back.

I’ve been trying to figure out what the problem is. At one point, I thought the problem might be related to the app (which it isn’t), and I actually brought my iPhone in for exchange to the Apple store (which also didn’t solve the problem).

After several days of troubleshooting, I just read on Amazon that there is a Bluetooth connectivity issue with the Liberty 2s (not the “Pro” model) and (specifically) the iPhone 11 series. The heading of the Amazon listing for the Liberty 2s actually says “Not for iPhone 11 Series,” and one of the Customer Reviews notes that they “constantly disconnect” from the iPhone 11. I’m assuming this is the same problem I’ve been experiencing on the Liberty 2 Pros. Also, when the earphones start dropping the Bluetooth connection, the microphone’s sound quality also seems to diminish.

I just wrote to Soundcore support to ask them whether this is an issue they are aware of, and whether it will it be fixed in a firmware update. I will update this post when I hear back from Soundcore.

In other respects, I love these earphones, and would hate to have to return them — but not being able to rely on them to make a phone call is a deal killer.

Is anyone else here experiencing the same problem? Again, the problem relates specifically (I think) to the interaction between the Liberty 2s (both the Pro and non-Pro versions) and the iPhone 11.

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #14,063 of 62,798
Did you get another "we're concerned email like the one you refered to when you mentioned returning 12 headphones in 12 days? Or just sharing your cautionary experience again? just curious.
I sent 13 headphones back in one box a couple weeks ago. Zero letter from Amazon. then again I've purchased another 10 or so since then.

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #14,064 of 62,798
I sent 13 headphones back in one box a couple weeks ago. Zero letter from Amazon. then again I've purchased another 10 or so since then.
nice lol. I was just curious because he mentioned it agasain.

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #14,065 of 62,798
I’ve noted in prior posts that I have been experiencing frequent dropped Bluetooth connections when using my Liberty 2 Pros with my iPhone 11 Pro. These dropped connections always occur when I’m using the microphone on the earphones (i.e., when on a call or when recording a voice memo). The dropped connections occur randomly, but once they start occurring they occur frequently. A factory reset of the earphones seems to help for a while, but the disconnections always come back.

I’ve been trying to figure out what the problem is. At one point, I thought the problem might be related to the app (which it isn’t), and I actually brought my iPhone in for exchange to the Apple store (which also didn’t solve the problem).

After several days of troubleshooting, I just read on Amazon that there is a Bluetooth connectivity issue with the Liberty 2s (not the “Pro” model) and (specifically) the iPhone 11 series. The heading of the Amazon listing for the Liberty 2s actually says “Not for iPhone 11 Series,” and one of the Customer Reviews notes that they “constantly disconnect” from the iPhone 11. I’m assuming this is the same problem I’ve been experiencing on the Liberty 2 Pros. Also, when the earphones start dropping the Bluetooth connection, the microphone’s sound quality also seems to diminish.

I just wrote to Soundcore support to ask them whether this is an issue they are aware of, and whether it will it be fixed in a firmware update. I will update this post when I hear back from Soundcore.

In other respects, I love these earphones, and would hate to have to return them — but not being able to rely on them to make a phone call is a deal killer.

Is anyone else here experiencing the same problem? Again, the problem relates specifically (I think) to the interaction between the Liberty 2s (both the Pro and non-Pro versions) and the iPhone 11.
Wow, that's ridiculous! maybe it has something to do with apple's new wideband bluetooth chipset or whatever it's called. What version of iOS are you on? I have an XS max and haven't had any issues with mine dropping out. I am on ios 13.2 beta 4

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #14,066 of 62,798
Wow, that's ridiculous! maybe it has something to do with apple's new wideband bluetooth chipset or whatever it's called. What version of iOS are you on? I have an XS max and haven't had any issues with mine dropping out. I am on ios 13.2 beta 4

Yes, it is ridiculous. We’ll see what Soundcore says. I’m on 13.1.3. I don’t think the issue is with iOS, I think (like you said) it’s with the new Bluetooth implementation on the iPhone 11 series. Between this and the fact that the WM07 doesn’t support AAC, I’m thinking maybe the Samsung doesn’t look too bad :wink:. (Just kidding!)

EDIT: This seems to be a known issue that Apple will have to solve: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250677100?page=4

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #14,067 of 62,798

They are my favorite tip by far, and a steal for the price. I actually just ordered some more, as they won't be around forever. The 2-pairs for $1.99 M kits sold out a long time ago, then the S kits followed. Now I only see qty (4) L kits left in stock. Once those are all sold out, the only option left will be the $4 SML kits. And when those are gone, that will be the end of Auvios forever!

So buy them while you can, folks. They are worth every penny! They are basically Spiral Dot tips (or at least extremely similar) without the dots (to avoid IP lawsuits), at a fraction of the price.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #14,068 of 62,798
Amazon does definitely ban serial returners but it's relative to how much you've purchased from them IIRC. So as long as you're a big spender a few returns won't hurt. And I've also heard there's a base limit of a few thousand before they take any action but that's all anecdotal/conjecture.

It might just be Qualcomm's ecosystem not playing nice with Apple's. Qualcomm has their QCC bluetooth chips and Apple has the H1/W1 and it seems like they work best with their respective brands.

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #14,070 of 62,798
I've received the warning before. I've calmed myself down, so I'm not so radical anymore. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back