Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 24, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #14,071 of 63,227
They are my favorite tip by far, and a steal for the price. I actually just ordered some more, as they won't be around forever. The 2-pairs for $1.99 M kits sold out a long time ago, then the S kits followed. Now I only see qty (4) L kits left in stock. Once those are all sold out, the only option left will be the $4 SML kits. And when those are gone, that will be the end of Auvios forever!

So buy them while you can, folks. They are worth every penny! They are basically Spiral Dot tips (or at least extremely similar) without the dots (to avoid IP lawsuits), at a fraction of the price.

Do you think the L that are on sale would fit if a Comply fits me fine?

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #14,072 of 63,227
They are my favorite tip by far, and a steal for the price. I actually just ordered some more, as they won't be around forever. The 2-pairs for $1.99 M kits sold out a long time ago, then the S kits followed. Now I only see qty (4) L kits left in stock. Once those are all sold out, the only option left will be the $4 SML kits. And when those are gone, that will be the end of Auvios forever!

So buy them while you can, folks. They are worth every penny! They are basically Spiral Dot tips (or at least extremely similar) without the dots (to avoid IP lawsuits), at a fraction of the price.
May I ask what it is about them that is better than others? Genuinely curious. Think I'll order the variety pack.

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #14,073 of 63,227
So...the KOSETON. For $30, I think I'm going to keep them. They are certainly not world-beaters, but for a solid gym/yard work pair, I think they fit the bill. They do not come close to dethroning the current value picks (Anbes 359, MPOW T5).

- They don't stick out much and look fairly sleek.
- Deep, resonating bass.
- Comfortable
- USB-C
- aptX & AAC support.
- Good battery life.
- Nice Aluminum case.
- Responsive touch controls (play/pause, track, volume, assistant).
- No connection issues.

Sound out of the box is thick, a bit muddy, and bass heavy. Using the "Bass Reducer" setting in Spotify (never thought I'd actually say that) and pushing the highs up (never thought I'd say that either), they sound decent and the speakers don't distort. Mic for calls is about average. Voice is a little muffled, but volume as heard by the caller is decent, so usable.

upload_2019-10-24_16-32-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-24_16-32-35.png
    upload_2019-10-24_16-32-35.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #14,074 of 63,227
Anyone else have the power beats pro? I bought a pair a week ago and returned it yesterday for a new pair as the one I had the button was a bit sensitive for my liking. My new pair is much better but one thing is the same, the treble is something I can't describe. When there is slow music playing they actually sound great to me, but when the instruments get faster the highs get a discombobulated.
Everything about these is awesome to me like fit and functionality, bass is really nice as well. I wish there was an app for this to tune the treble a bit and to boost the mids a bit.

I forgot to mention, do these automatically connect AAC with Apple devices? I'm using mine with a iPod touch with tidal Hifi downloaded.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #14,075 of 63,227
Koseton E8s just got here. I think they sound pretty great. I am having major connection issue. The master is fine but the slave is dropping connection like crszy. Doesn't matter which side I make the slave both Left and Right drop like crazy when they are made the slave.

also in Aptx AAC or SBC.... it's frustrating because otherwise I really like them

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #14,076 of 63,227
Do you think the L that are on sale would fit if a Comply fits me fine?

Not sure, as I don't use foam tips. If you want, I would be happy to provide an accurate mm of the Auvios. Then, all you'd need to do is measure the Complys on your end.

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #14,077 of 63,227
May I ask what it is about them that is better than others? Genuinely curious. Think I'll order the variety pack.

They are wide bore, but not short and shallow like most wide bore tips. Also, they taper, unlike most wide bores, allowing a deeper and more stable insertion.

Basically, they provide the fit of a narrow bore tip (like KZ Starlines for example), but with the sonic improvements of a wide bore.

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #14,078 of 63,227
They are wide bore, but not short and shallow like most wide bore tips. Also, they taper, unlike most wide bores, allowing a deeper and more stable insertion.

Basically, they provide the fit of a narrow bore tip (like KZ Starlines for example), but with the sonic improvements of a wide bore.
Great, thank you! Hopefully they'll be my new favorites as I use wide bore also.

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #14,080 of 63,227

Hope you're right. All I saw was the sml kit for $4.00, at a 2 for 1 price so I took it... with a $0.60 wikibuy discount, plus $3.00 shipping. So I know I'll have at least two spare pairs that'll work for me (out of the six) to fall back on in the future. Cheap enough. A good & comfortable seal makes all the difference. Thx for the reco (I think) ;^)

Oct 24, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #14,081 of 63,227
Two under the radar perhaps from AliExpress - the JadeAudio EW1 (part of FiiO) and the Whizzer WA11 (their A15 was quite a success).
3CC471C0-88B4-4DCB-823A-D8DD8951E4FA.jpeg
DC295BF6-DD84-4FFE-A891-F28289F00E03.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #14,082 of 63,227
Yes, it is ridiculous. We’ll see what Soundcore says. I’m on 13.1.3. I don’t think the issue is with iOS, I think (like you said) it’s with the new Bluetooth implementation on the iPhone 11 series. Between this and the fact that the WM07 doesn’t support AAC, I’m thinking maybe the Samsung doesn’t look too bad :wink:. (Just kidding!)

EDIT: This seems to be a known issue that Apple will have to solve: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250677100?page=4
HAHA. Yea I was eyeing the Pixel 4, but man losing my icloud and imessage, no thanks.

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #14,083 of 63,227
Ok, i've been listeing to the Earfun Free for almost a day and a half and i'm really wow'd. I'm curious as to how many of you have heard them? I know @hifi80sman has and maybe one or two other, but damn guys, these things sound phenomenal. Like a Tevi with bass, not basshead bass, but really well balanced and textured bass. and excellent mids and highs. Can anyone else weigh in on these. I mean i've listened to roughly 50 so TWS' in this price range and these are now in my top 5. Thoughts?

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #14,084 of 63,227
Two under the radar perhaps from AliExpress - the JadeAudio E1 (part of FiiO) and the Whizzer WA11 (their A15 was quite a success).
Is that the same thing as the Jade EW1? I've been eyeing it on Amazon, it's even on sale, but I just can't get myself to buy it. It looks like it might be a re-brand (hence the reason they're not calling it a Fiio), and I've got others of the same general type. If it gets some good reviews, I might take a chance for $35

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #14,085 of 63,227
Is that the same thing as the Jade EW1? I've been eyeing it on Amazon, it's even on sale, but I just can't get myself to buy it. It looks like it might be a re-brand (hence the reason they're not calling it a Fiio), and I've got others of the same general type. If it gets some good reviews, I might take a chance for $35
Jade Audio was set up by FiiO apparently. Yeah it should be EW1. My typo error now corrected.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back