Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 25, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #14,086 of 63,225
Anyone with the MW07 Plus try them for workouts, namely jogging and in-door biking/peddling? I'm trying to decide between the Plus and the Go. The Plus seems to be the same weight as the original MW07 but it's much smaller. And the Go is smaller and lighter. But I would like a decent mic and ANC for the office too.

Oct 25, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #14,087 of 63,225
Anyone with the MW07 Plus try them for workouts, namely jogging and in-door biking/peddling? I'm trying to decide between the Plus and the Go. The Plus seems to be the same weight as the original MW07 but it's much smaller. And the Go is smaller and lighter. But I would like a decent mic and ANC for the office too.

Full review coming tomorrow, but I played basketball with the MW07 Plus in and had no issues.

Oct 25, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #14,090 of 63,225
Is that the same thing as the Jade EW1? I've been eyeing it on Amazon, it's even on sale, but I just can't get myself to buy it. It looks like it might be a re-brand (hence the reason they're not calling it a Fiio), and I've got others of the same general type. If it gets some good reviews, I might take a chance for $35
They are the same on Amazon. also they are genuine. They don't exist under the Fiio name. Jade audio is apparently Fiios international seller which also brands some of their hardware division

Oct 25, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #14,091 of 63,225
So...the KOSETON. For $30, I think I'm going to keep them. They are certainly not world-beaters, but for a solid gym/yard work pair, I think they fit the bill. They do not come close to dethroning the current value picks (Anbes 359, MPOW T5).

- They don't stick out much and look fairly sleek.
- Deep, resonating bass.
- Comfortable
- USB-C
- aptX & AAC support.
- Good battery life.
- Nice Aluminum case.
- Responsive touch controls (play/pause, track, volume, assistant).
- No connection issues.

Sound out of the box is thick, a bit muddy, and bass heavy. Using the "Bass Reducer" setting in Spotify (never thought I'd actually say that) and pushing the highs up (never thought I'd say that either), they sound decent and the speakers don't distort. Mic for calls is about average. Voice is a little muffled, but volume as heard by the caller is decent, so usable.

Good to know. i removed the poor excuse for a fin from the ofusho F16,, and they fit much better, and therefore sound less crappy. They'll be my designated shower pair. if the kozetons don't sound worse, for $30 i'll probably keep them for a similar purpose.

Oct 25, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #14,092 of 63,225
Ok, i've been listeing to the Earfun Free for almost a day and a half and i'm really wow'd. I'm curious as to how many of you have heard them? I know @hifi80sman has and maybe one or two other, but damn guys, these things sound phenomenal. Like a Tevi with bass, not basshead bass, but really well balanced and textured bass. and excellent mids and highs. Can anyone else weigh in on these. I mean i've listened to roughly 50 so TWS' in this price range and these are now in my top 5. Thoughts?
how are the mids compared to the tevis. I wish the tevis had just a bit mor depth to the mids. i'm knitpicking, but that is one thing i'd change.

Oct 25, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #14,093 of 63,225
Got the Tagry W1 today. Awesome metal
Case, but it won’t take a charge! Sound is average at best, significantly rolled off highs, pretty muddy sounding with decent low end. Damn Shame. Another subpar TWS with a an amazing metal case.
You'll have to EQ them. It has potential. :D

Oct 25, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #14,094 of 63,225
Koseton E8s just got here. I think they sound pretty great. I am having major connection issue. The master is fine but the slave is dropping connection like crszy. Doesn't matter which side I make the slave both Left and Right drop like crazy when they are made the slave.

also in Aptx AAC or SBC.... it's frustrating because otherwise I really like them
I'm having the same issue. Even with my phone sitting right in front of me whichever one I have connected as the master is perfect, the other will drop out randomly for 1-3 seconds.

Oct 25, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #14,095 of 63,225
Is that the same thing as the Jade EW1? I've been eyeing it on Amazon, it's even on sale, but I just can't get myself to buy it. It looks like it might be a re-brand (hence the reason they're not calling it a Fiio), and I've got others of the same general type. If it gets some good reviews, I might take a chance for $35
I've been liking mine so far! Sound isn't the absolute best, but it's good. Decent bass, nice highs, a little lacking in the mids though. They're very light and comfortable, the charging case is small too. They do have problems charging with longer tips like the Auvios though. You have to push them down into the case instead of just letting the magnet do the work.

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #14,097 of 63,225
I'm having the same issue. Even with my phone sitting right in front of me whichever one I have connected as the master is perfect, the other will drop out randomly for 1-3 seconds.
yah. send mine back. so much for those.

Oct 25, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #14,098 of 63,225
From M&D support regarding the MW07+: “We are currently working with our chip provider to enable AAC and will be able to retroactively update your earphones when we have a solution.”

That’s good news, although they don’t provide a time frame. They also don’t indicate whether the update will be something the user will be able to apply directly or will require that the earphones be returned to have the update applied. I guess we’ll find out.

EDIT: In subsequent emails M&D indicated that although they didn't have a time frame, this fix was a priority and indications at this point were that the fix would be able to be applied locally. Still a bit ambiguous -- but I can see why M&D wouldn't want to make any promises that they aren't sure they can stand by.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #14,099 of 63,225
I think you are going to have to prove it...the stock photos make them look like Frankenstein corks.

I think they had to make the buds more visible in marketing material. It actually goes in pretty deep
f7Kx0wF.jpg

Oct 25, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #14,100 of 63,225
if you put sound second, what TWS would you get under 150?

looking for something of a beater earphone, and currently thinking of getting the TEVI for (as said from its advertising) 10 hours battery, waterproof and decent mic. anything better or more worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back