Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 16, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #13,531 of 62,431
These are unbranded but show up in the Bluetooth settings as Air. This variant has been discussed on this forum before and are identical to the Anbes, SSK, and other variants. See my previous posts for link to Amazon (U.S) but I purchased them on eBay here.
How do they sound? do you have a Anbes, SSK or Kissral to compare?

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #13,532 of 62,431
Picked these up today and trying them out. It was pretty cool how they hooked themselves up to my iPod touch, I didn't have to do a thing.
15712640484027406837017138836381.jpg

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #13,533 of 62,431
Not really looking for the earhook design.

Right now just struggling to pick between mifo o5 and sabat e12/ultra.

Does anyone have a resource where I can look up the weight and dimensions of the Mifo o5 charging case vs the sabbat e12 ultra charging case?

I'm not sure if I should be discouraged by the bulkiness of the o5's case. Is it uncomfortably heavy in comparison to other tws iems?
}

between those two, I'll pick the Mifo. the case is heavier than others, but also much stronger and has longer battery than other cases

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #13,534 of 62,431
So did anyone ever get the X12 Ultra ? They're now at a tempting 38€ on AE. Too bad about the Camo colors though !

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #13,535 of 62,431
Interesting to hear all these comments about background hiss, My L2pros don't have any. I hear two soft little pops when the sound engages initially for siri and playing music, but that's it. I'm using an Iphone XS Max. has anyone noticed the hiss when doing the hear id test?
is your definition of a hiss like white noise? i would consider it a very low white noise more like a hum, after the sound engages with a blip. not exactly noticeable with music. very noticeable with audiobooks/talk podcasts or single instrument classical like a piano track. talked about a bit on the soundcore forums https://community.soundcore.com/t/liberty-pro-2-background-noise/26627/96. trying to get an answer from soundcore whether this is a hardware issue or a firmware fixable issue.

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #13,536 of 62,431
Also, Sabbat E12 Ultra's mono mode isn't truly mono. It won't downmix to mono when you put one bud into the case. So I can't listen to Who Needs You by Queen in mono! :frowning2:

If you put the one that was not set as "master" before, it will turn temporarily cut and re-pair itself as a duplicate which is kinda annoying. For some odd reason I woke up this morning to find that the left bud wouldn't pair with the right bud, until I did a factory reset. In comparison the Jabees Firefly Pro has quite seamless single bud use.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #13,537 of 62,431
How do they sound? do you have a Anbes, SSK or Kissral to compare?
I do not have any other variant to compare. If it means anything to you these sound incredible. I went from the Lenovo HT10, to the Lasuney T2s, to Bomakers, and now to these and each one has gotten "better" than the last. I can see what the fuss is about these and I think they are deserving of the hype. I am going to do some more listening but for my library and the gear I have the UFOs sound fantastic.

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #13,538 of 62,431
Whats the final verdict on the bomakers? I've heard some people say it has rumbly bass, others say its thin and bright and harsh. They're really nice looking with a tiny case, they've been on my radar for a while, but never got to buying them. Can anyone describe their sound? Is it bright/harsh?

Oct 16, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #13,541 of 62,431
Just received mpow t5 from amazon and ootb I am impressed by its sound. I just bought tranya b530 last week and it sounds pretty impressive too, but I think I am liking the t5 more. Both sounds great imho.

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #13,542 of 62,431
Why not? Brand name with decent sonic cred, ANC, hybrid DD/BA drivers. Not everything Chinese is ChiFi :).

At CES, it was rumored to launch at usd149 on indiegogo (of all places). I'm kind of disappointed but hey, Liberty Pro 2s are also hybrids and they cost usd149 with no ANC. The Dual Driver BT ANC costs usd100 nowadays, so theres still hope and waiting game to go about :D

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #13,543 of 62,431
Jim's posted a review of the Lypertek Tevi : - he's not too impressed, so-so passive isolation and lack of bass. The mics sound rather bad too :frowning2:

5:18: You have to "Disconnect" the current connected device in order to connect to another device. Not "Unpair".

I'm happy with mine :) Bass is enough for me (using Spinfits). Keeps my head bobbing while listening to my pop tracks. :ksc75smile:

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #13,544 of 62,431
there's the Earin M2 that is small enough, and for something more inexpensive there's the Tiso TWS

i still have these on my wishlist. But they are BT 4.2 only and I think they are pretty big bullets (like .600 caliber)

I mean so small like etymotic's housing but then I thought it's will be harder to add physical button or touch button haha

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #13,545 of 62,431
Whats the final verdict on the bomakers? I've heard some people say it has rumbly bass, others say its thin and bright and harsh. They're really nice looking with a tiny case, they've been on my radar for a while, but never got to buying them. Can anyone describe their sound? Is it bright/harsh?

I love the Bomakers. Checks most boxes . And they were $31 so I mean come on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back