Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 17, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #13,547 of 62,574
is your definition of a hiss like white noise? i would consider it a very low white noise more like a hum, after the sound engages with a blip. not exactly noticeable with music. very noticeable with audiobooks/talk podcasts or single instrument classical like a piano track. talked about a bit on the soundcore forums https://community.soundcore.com/t/liberty-pro-2-background-noise/26627/96. trying to get an answer from soundcore whether this is a hardware issue or a firmware fixable issue.
I hear the blips, but not any hum or white noise.

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #13,548 of 62,574
I do not have any other variant to compare. If it means anything to you these sound incredible. I went from the Lenovo HT10, to the Lasuney T2s, to Bomakers, and now to these and each one has gotten "better" than the last. I can see what the fuss is about these and I think they are deserving of the hype. I am going to do some more listening but for my library and the gear I have the UFOs sound fantastic.
Thanks for the feedback. I've only had the bowmakers, but my anbes/ssk's sound much better to me.

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #13,549 of 62,574
Whats the final verdict on the bomakers? I've heard some people say it has rumbly bass, others say its thin and bright and harsh. They're really nice looking with a tiny case, they've been on my radar for a while, but never got to buying them. Can anyone describe their sound? Is it bright/harsh?
I thought they sounded good, but they were too bright for me. Caused fatigue to my ears after a short time of listening to them. They were great for audiobooks. The stem went a little deep in my ear as well. I tried using the low profile buds that came with them, but they didn't feel great. They are super well made and are def. worth checking out if you haven't heard them.

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #13,552 of 62,574
I just got my Sabbat E12 Ultra, blue camo version today. It does have wireless charging even though it's not mentioned on the box. It doesn't sound much different from the dud original E12 I received a while back. The eartips are much better than the originals. Bass is much more balanced though maybe slightly slanted right, but bearable (as with my Jabees Firefly Pro). Mids and treble still seems stronger on the left side though it seems to be only noticeable in songs with peaky percussion. Either I'm unlucky second time or people are just oblivious to it. If all else fails I might just tap foam on one side.
I think it's just poor driver matching. I've had this on probably 50% of my purchases, however, I haven't had issues with with Sony, Bose, M&D, or Sennheiser (headphones or IEMs). I have had the issue with (oddly) B&O, Audio-Technica, and various Chi-Fi headphones and IEMs.

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #13,553 of 62,574
Community Poll for those with the Liberty 2 Pro.

Those who are having issues with hiss, what device are you using? Android, Iphone etc? Using AptX or AAC?

I'd be interested to see if this is an issue caused by the type of phone or OS etc. I have an iPhone XS Max using AAC and my MBP using AptX and have no hiss. I've cranked the volume all the way up on audiobooks and 0 bit tracks like this one. without any white noise or hiss. Now if they'd just fix they garbage mic. I just left myself a message using my computer and the mic sounds awful.
Yeah, I hear the hiss over both AAC (iPhone Xs Max) and aptX (Galaxy s8).

Also, for me, the mic is working well. Spent the day on them taking business calls and all was well. People said I sounded fine and there were no complaints at all. In fact, when I asked one person how I sounded (who knows my addiction), he was like, "Which ones are you using now? They sound pretty good".

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #13,556 of 62,574
It is hard to get bass out of an earbud so 'bass oriented' is unlikely in most models. That said, it sounds like you might be in the group that is a bit anti-bass. Music was never intended to be listened to by the artist using a neutral sound profile. Go to any concert and you will hear how the artist intended their song to be heard, and it is often heavy on the bass. Music on albums is not recorded more neutral because that is how it was intended to be listened to (certain instruments should overpower the others) but because there are a number of different ways to tune and speakers out there that greatly impact the sound signature and tuning it too heavy one way or the other could greatly impact the sound of the music on a given device. All that said, much like wine, there is no right answer, if it tastes good drink it.

I go to gigs all the time, and if the sound engineer is good nothing will be boosted. Bass sounds higher due to being able to feel it from the air pushed by the massive speakers, yet highs are clear and never pushed back. But at the end of the day headphones and earphones are trying to recreate a recording most of the time, which has been recorded and mastered on studio monitors that are designed to sound neutral.

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #13,559 of 62,574

First review of the spunky beats, I have seen. Captions in English too. I would take it with a pinch of salt, lots of Tronsmart reviews in his playlist.

However i thought I would post, personally I hate the blinking lights

Blinking lights are a major turn off ...
I was tempted when I saw them for 25$ (they are now 30) .. but realized that the appeal was mainly 'hey, aptx for cheap' ... but I hardly ever use aptx ... so, my impulse buy control at work :)
Hope those who ordered them will be happy with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back