Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 9, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #11,656 of 62,435
PS. Oh, forgot. what else I really want is BA (or better hybrid) variant of MW07!
Oh, man! Don't get me too excited!

Even without considering ANC, the battery life and mic for calls make the new version compelling. If they add app control, I would certainly pick them up.

I wonder what the MW07 Go is going to be. I imagine they'll do without the acetate, the stainless case, and add some good IP resistance, but I'm sure it'll still be high end.

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #11,657 of 62,435

Mailman brought me these 2 beautiful chess pieces :wink: I will have some more impressions later (maybe), but for now:

- Pairing was super painful, probably because I got a pair that had forgotten about each other. But kudos to the seller who was very eager to help, patiently looked for deeper instructions (I think he actually called the factory) and came up with this wild mix of button presses I posted earlier... lo-and behold, suddenly a voice said ‘looking for slave’... and the lost lovers found each other!

- sound wise I am liking what I am hearing so far. Sound is full, dynamic, engaging. Nothing rubs me negatively, there's ample bass, clarity, highs ... the usual. But needs further listening. Oh, comes with FOUR ear tip sizes (s m l xl) and I am getting a great fit, but yes, they are sticky-outy

- case has type C plug

- ANC .... I can’t be certain if I am actually hearing a difference, but I had the same sensation with both ANC Sonys I have. There might actually be some subtle ANC, but since the passive NC is already pretty great, and the announcement of ‘ANC on / off’ is so loud, it’s hard to register. Further testing required.

- no IPX rating

- 13mm ‘horn’ (DD I guess :wink: )

They look and feel quite premium ... not flimsy that plastic.

eagerly waiting for your full review :ksc75smile:
it doesn't have volume control if I'm not mistaken? I'm mostly concern about how it fits and looks, also how effective the ANC works, as I'm planning to use them for my riding helmet.

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #11,658 of 62,435
Even without considering ANC, the battery life and mic for calls make the new version compelling. If they add app control, I would certainly pick them up.
Actually initially I was also clamoring for the app. But now I have to ask what I would need it for so badly? MW07 don't have transparency and i'm not really missing it. When I need to talk to somebody at the gym I just take out one bud and it auto-pauses. EQ? I always listen to them on flat. They sound excellent for most of the well recorded music, and I like their overall coloring. If I want balanced and neutral I reach out to my full-size wired AKGs at home. And I'm really suspicious about ANC in a such small package. Adding more mics and more resident electronics almost always means subtracting from the space left for drivers, acoustics and battery. There're zillion pure wireless buds that are first electronic gadgets and last things for enjoying high-end sound. Let at least one prioritize latter over former.

I wonder what the MW07 Go is going to be. I imagine they'll do without the acetate, the stainless case, and add some good IP resistance, but I'm sure it'll still be high end.
Agree. As long as they improve or at least keep the sound, existing functionality, fit and form factor I'm ok loosing the looks. But I have a stinking feeling that they'll also drop volume control and/or, god forbid, beryllium drivers, and call it a bargain at $50 cheaper.

Sep 9, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #11,659 of 62,435
Actually initially I was also clamoring for the app. But now I have to ask what I would need it for so badly? MW07 don't have transparency and i'm not really missing it. When I need to talk to somebody at the gym I just take out one bud and it auto-pauses. EQ? I always listen to them on flat. They sound excellent for most of the well recorded music, and I like their overall coloring. If I want balanced and neutral I reach out to my full-size wired AKGs at home. And I'm really suspicious about ANC in a such small package. Adding more mics and more resident electronics almost always means subtracting from the space left for drivers, acoustics and battery. There're zillion pure wireless buds that are first electronic gadgets and last things for enjoying high-end sound. Let at least one prioritize latter over former.

Agree. As long as they improve or at least keep the sound, existing functionality, fit and form factor I'm ok loosing the looks. But I have a stinking feeling that they'll also drop volume control and/or, god forbid, beryllium drivers, and call it a bargain at $50 cheaper.
Good point on the App. Honestly, I wouldn't change the EQ, but more so something to allow for firmware updates, codec control, etc.

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #11,662 of 62,435
Tested the B530 dialog with a movie on Prime video yesterday and the SQ is really good and clear. Man I was expecting roll off but no its crispy clear and bass parts were good. Shocked. Tranya did good so far. From what I gather from reviews most of their other TWS are rolled off with great bass. Will try some music tommorow they have been getting alot of music burn-in. I really I'm surprised I'm digging them. Darnit. :D

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #11,663 of 62,435
Tested the B530 dialog with a movie on Prime video yesterday and the SQ is really good and clear. Man I was expecting roll off but no its crispy clear and bass parts were good. Shocked. Tranya did good so far. From what I gather from reviews most of their other TWS are rolled off with great bass. Will try some music tommorow they have been getting alot of music burn-in. I really I'm surprised I'm digging them. Darnit. :D
Now, i'd like to know how you'd compare the F16 to the B530. to me, the B530 seems to be a bit wider soundstage wise, the highs are much clearer, but the mids and mid bass are definitely lower than the F16.

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #11,664 of 62,435
Now, i'd like to know how you'd compare the F16 to the B530. to me, the B530 seems to be a bit wider soundstage wise, the highs are much clearer, but the mids and mid bass are definitely lower than the F16.
So far with movies I love both. Anbes 359 does great with movies too.
d3myz Maybe I'm getting better audio with the F16 because of the aptx? Any of your stuff have aptx?

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #11,665 of 62,435
I also have suspicions on the reviews for the Ablegrid, I asked reviewers if it was "microusb or USB Type c" and within an hour got two answers that just said "no".

Seems like newer batches of BE30 are being rebranded into different things. Still curious about the BE30E which has a triangular housing not unlike Galaxy Buds or Tranya.

Did anyone get Sabbat E12 Ultras yet? Wondering if they sound better and the battery is better.

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #11,666 of 62,435
eagerly waiting for your full review :ksc75smile:
it doesn't have volume control if I'm not mistaken? I'm mostly concern about how it fits and looks, also how effective the ANC works, as I'm planning to use them for my riding helmet.

Just from how they stick out I think under-helmet is a no-go ... as for the ANC .. while it appears to be there, it is very very subtle, like the ANC in the first Sony TWS ... but I will do some more testing
So far I really like how they sound. And that's so far only from streaming stuff from Mixcloud ... not the super lossless stuff :wink: need to try some FLAC files. And yes, no vol control on buds.

Sep 9, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #11,667 of 62,435
Im fairly certain my Earin M2 have Knowles BA in them. They sound good and better yet they are super small.

yup, the M2 indeed has a single Knowles BA. by the way, how long does your M2 last nowadays? mine can't seem to past 3,5 hours anymore

Sep 10, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #11,669 of 62,435
OK, quick update. It's not true multipoint. It's connected to "Media Audio" only on my Galaxy s8, however, since I don't get calls on that phone and purely use it for aptX streaming, it fits my purpose.

This is really interesting. Connecting two devices with only one for calls would be enough for me (games/movies --> Ipad / calls --> phone). Maybe this is possible with other True Wireless with the QCC-series from Qualcomm too? I really want ambient mode ...

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #11,670 of 62,435
The spoils from sales week keep coming in now. This is the Awei T6C as ‘recommended’ by actorlife :wink:

3005A240-156D-4E60-9F63-886E3C314BA5.jpeg

First impressions: they work :wink: they are not unpleasant to listen to. Good fit. Volume control. Wireless charging. And all that for 17.91$. No complaints. More maybe later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back