Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 9, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #11,626 of 62,454
Feel like all these TWS promoting lossless sound quality are lawsuits waiting to happen but then they will just argue they are referring to lossless playback of ambiance sound:laughing:

I am also finding that they love to play with all those fancy buzzwords they might pick up here and there .. .like I saw this 26$ ANC TWS, later they 'explained' this is 'adaptive noise cancelling = pure ANC' ... soooo ... not ever really trusting those descriptions ... or at least really reading the details ...

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #11,627 of 62,454
Feel like all these TWS promoting lossless sound quality are lawsuits waiting to happen but then they will just argue they are referring to lossless playback of ambiance sound:laughing:
You can sue a company in China...if you want to. :p

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #11,628 of 62,454
Just wanted to add some info I received from Advanced concerning the M5-TWS. I e-mailed them offline and addressed the issue of the Premium Price for a TWS missing these functionalities, they didn't respond to that but I was assured that I would be able to return them within 30 days of receipt for a full refund If I was not satisfied, so at least i'll get to hear them.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 12.16.51 PM.png

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #11,629 of 62,454
Looks like B&H jumped the gun no? Official announcement any minute now? Might explain the recent sales on the MW07. Now, can an ANC enabled MW07 best my moondrop + BT20? We shall see.

Really randomly, seems as someone actually posted a quick hands on on youtube of the Plus model. They are saying 10 hours of battery for the earbuds and 40 total if I understand correctly

Also from this article:
-Bluetooth 5.0
-ANC feature
-Improved call quality
-Coming out end of September

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #11,630 of 62,454
Really randomly, seems as someone actually posted a quick hands on on youtube of the Plus model. They are saying 10 hours of battery for the earbuds and 40 total if I understand correctly

Also from this article:
-Bluetooth 5.0
-ANC feature
-Improved call quality
-Coming end out of September

THEY. WILL. BE. MINE.

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #11,633 of 62,454
Thanks for the links. So the MW07 Plus was shown at IFA ? Strange that nobody else had mentioned them !
They must have changed chips, the QCC5121 possibly ? That's the one used by the Libratone Track Air + and the reviews all state that the ANC isn't great compared to the WF-1000xm3, but then they are semi in-ear earbuds so that can't help with noise cancelling...although the Bose QC-20 are also semi in-ear.

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #11,634 of 62,454
They box does not mention ANC. I'm skeptical of that one. You can't get 10 hours with ANC. Seems like plus is just longer battery life. I wonder what the MW07 Go will bring to the table.

Been waiting for them to upgrade the MW07 since they started going on sale. I seem to be one of the few around here that prefers no ANC (gives me a headache) but with good SQ and better battery life, I will probably pull the trigger on one of the models. Looking forward to more details.

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #11,635 of 62,454
Been waiting for them to upgrade the MW07 since they started going on sale. I seem to be one of the few around here that prefers no ANC (gives me a headache) but with good SQ and better battery life, I will probably pull the trigger on one of the models. Looking forward to more details.

ANC throws me off a bit too but it would be useful for the gym and allow me to lower the volume level.

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #11,636 of 62,454

Also from this article:
-Bluetooth 5.0
-ANC feature
-Improved call quality
-Coming out end of September

Sounds as if that was at IFA 2019. I'm not sure if 10 hours is an over-hyped claim or not, since I have not tested them, but based on the standard MW07 claim of 3.5 hours, we're probably a bit short of that (their criteria for measurement was supposedly play at low volume).

Nevertheless, it would seem they'd be well over double the battery life and are quite compelling if the sound with ANC on is nearly equal to ANC off. If the sound with ANC on is poor, then the question is do you pay the additional $50 (standard is going for $249 now) for more than double the battery. In many cases, I suspect it would be, since most people exclusively use one TWS throughout the day. For me, since I rotate through various TWS in a day, I'll probably just stick with my MW07 (still in the return period btw) and use that cash savings for another new TWS.

Bowers & Wilkins, where you guys at with a TWS?! Come on, bruh!

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #11,638 of 62,454
Sep 9, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #11,639 of 62,454
Google translate: "The MW07 PLUS is newly equipped with an active noise canceling function based on a feedback / feedforward microphone system combination. It also has an external sound capture mode. Four microphones are built in to improve quality during hands-free calling."
Nice...it could use better call quality. I wish they would have gone with a brushed stainless case...

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #11,640 of 62,454
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WC219R3/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Has anyone ever tried these out? Shape of the buds looks similar to those UFO models (359, R18, BE30...), but come with a very different charging case and Qualcomm BT chip. Wondering how do they sound.

Newbie here. Never owned any TWS but interested to try.
If these are USB Type C they have me sold! I also see G-Wack has a variant of the UFO with a percentage indicator (its description says microUSB, but thankfully reviewers say it's USB-C, although I doubt it supports PD charging).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back