Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 7, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #10,322 of 62,247
Anyone here tried/used the Audio Technica ath-cks5tw?
I'm curious as well. Not sure if anyone here has them as of yet. I bit expensive for my taste.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #10,324 of 62,247
Got my Mpow T5s in today... and HOLY MOLY these things are ridiculous! It's like my Aukey T10s, but everything is.... cleaner? That's the best word I can think of. The Aukeys sound really good but the T5 is just more refined in just about every way. I love them! And one of my only pet peeves with the T10 is only being able to use the right earbud if you only want to use one at a time. I love being able to do either with the Mpow!

Are there any 3rd party eartips that are similar to the stock ones that come with the T5s? These are way more comfortable than the stock Aukey eartips.
I've been using some low-profile tips, I think the ones that came with my Sabbat E12. They fit nicely and make the T5 stick out less.

IMG_2273.jpg

Aug 7, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #10,325 of 62,247
Lightning sale. Anyone have these?
Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo, Bluetooth Earbuds, Graphene Drivers, Pumping Bass, Secure Fit, Bluetooth 5.0 Headphones, Stereo Calls, Noise Canceling, Easy Pairing, Sweatproof for Sports, Work Out, Gym 5-6 battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MCGZK3B/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_K4VsDbAXG7CYF
I had them. Fun, lots of bass, especially sub-bass, and crisp highs. Typical "exciting" V sound. I ended up returning them because mine had a driver imbalance (one side louder than the other). I would definitely consider them again, however.

Aug 7, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #10,326 of 62,247
I've been using some low-profile tips, I think the ones that came with my Sabbat E12. They fit nicely and make the T5 stick out less.

I believe those are the 359 tips, which I like. Edit. Nope I was wrong. They are on my hoopshop W1. They are tips you don't see often.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #10,328 of 62,247
I had them. Fun, lots of bass, especially sub-bass, and crisp highs. Typical "exciting" V sound. I ended up returning them because mine had a driver imbalance (one side louder than the other). I would definitely consider them again, however.
I remember their Bluetooth speaker getting alot of praise. Darn darn darn. Must restrain myself.

Aug 7, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #10,329 of 62,247

Looks a lot like the Flexfit foam tips I got included when I bought the similar looking Lypertek Tevi. The low profile make a good fit/seal, and as you say it sticks out less. :thumbsup:
IMG_3358.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #10,330 of 62,247
Aug 7, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #10,331 of 62,247
Ya see this review? Looks like they are also available on their website and ship to FL for free. Damn.
http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/reviews/lypertek-tevi-true-wireless-earphone-review/
Yes, I've linked to that review before :)

BTW, I am still very satisfied, and I'm using them very often. The only minor issue is there are some connection issues. (it's no dealbreaker though)
The range is not as good as some other BT5.0 TWS I've had. It's not bad at all, but they're not the best in class.
Especially with my Apple Watch I can get a few minor dropouts on a walk/jog. (5-10 in an hour? And just when wearing the watch on the left arm)
Sometimes when they lose connection/get droputs using my iPhone X (if I'm some distance away from it) or Apple Watch, they actually can get out of phase when the connection is 100% again.
Strange and quite annoying. I've experienced it with the Anbes/Tiso/QCY (don't remember which) too but not so often.
A few times, the sound on left bud has stopped working when the connection goes bad and get too many/long dropouts. I have to turn it off and on again to get the sound back on.

Is this similar with the "suspected close relative", Mpow T5?

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #10,332 of 62,247
My understanding is that aptX and aptX LL are different and just because it says aptX does not mean it is low latency.

May I ask why you are selling?

Well a few things. The case just broke two weeks ago. They disconnect/cut out while I walk occasionally, they discharge from the case for no f'n reason. The call quality is a joke. I can never hear the callers voice at all. The sound signature is passable, but it ain't worth me being out ~200 I can put towards better wired iems. (**** every phone getting rid of aux ports though)

I'm a violinist and being able to listen to orchestral recordings on the go is important to me, sadly this just doesn't cut it. Now I'm trying to sell them here so I'll probably delete this post in a day or two lol.

Aug 7, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #10,333 of 62,247
Okay thanks for your help! Will surely look purchasing a pair. Looks nifty. Do they anyway impact waterproofing/resistance? Planning to buy one for my BT20S

it might affect it a little bit. i cut the rubber flap because it was a hassle to charge, and the magnet plug basically closes the hole, but there's some small gaps on the sides. i personally won't use the BT20S in water prone situations, because i have to factor in the IEM and connector itself as not being water resistant. I'd use a full TWS with good IP rating for sport and similar water-risk situasions

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #10,334 of 62,247
Anyone here tried/used the Audio Technica ath-cks5tw?

Reviews are all Japanese. think there are some You tube videos though. Not till the fall will it start to be seen internationally and get more English impressions. Saw this pic of the controls. interesting set-up. Not sure if the previous AT's controlled the same way...
u2fbJMAkQE2Z._UX299_TTW__.jpg

Volume only on the left and track control on the right. I wouldn't mind that set-up.

Aug 7, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #10,335 of 62,247
Yes, I've linked to that review before :)

BTW, I am still very satisfied, and I'm using them very often. The only minor issue is there are some connection issues. (it's no dealbreaker though)
The range is not as good as some other BT5.0 TWS I've had. It's not bad at all, but they're not the best in class.
Especially with my Apple Watch I can get a few minor dropouts on a walk/jog. (5-10 in an hour? And just when wearing the watch on the left arm)
Sometimes when they lose connection/get droputs using my iPhone X (if I'm some distance away from it) or Apple Watch, they actually can get out of phase when the connection is 100% again.
Strange and quite annoying. I've experienced it with the Anbes/Tiso/QCY (don't remember which) too but not so often.
A few times, the sound on left bud has stopped working when the connection goes bad and get too many/long dropouts. I have to turn it off and on again to get the sound back on.

Is this similar with the "suspected close relative", Mpow T5?
All these TWS have issues, but for me I know that and just enjoy them especially if the SQ is good. I only get connections issues if I walk away. I think they should try to improve the antennas so no issues for walking away 30 ft or more. Most of them say 30 ft but more like 15-20 ft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back