Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 31, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #9,961 of 62,439
All right, have spent some additional time with Sony. I may have been a little harsh on them in my first impressions. The sq is very very solid on these. You have to make sure you have enabled AAC and the high res switch in the app for starters. The hi res thing claims it upscales sources. No idea whether it works. I also switched to tidal v apple music. These combined changes have improved things quite a bit along with adjustment to the Sony sound signature. These are pretty impressive. Very detailed, spacious with some genuine feeling of soundstage which I don't typically hear in tw. Not sure it's overall tone beats the mw07 but that maybe subjective. Clarity and detail are superior however. I am using the flat EQ. The EQ works great but flat seems the best to me. The included hybrid tips are also quite nice.

A few other comments. ANC is as advertised. It is ligjt years ahead of sp700. I even get that ANC "feeling" which I actually don't like. Also the tech and app are quite impressive.

I still am not convinced in the use case for these without any ip rating but I may give them a run in the gym a few times and see how they hold up. I actually hate the piped in gym music and am hoping the ANC solves that for me.

Thanks for the updates. I'm assuming you're using an iPhone as the source?

Jul 31, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #9,963 of 62,439
I have a feeling that the i5 is exactly like the i4 just with a closed, larger capacity case (QCY QS1 vs. QS2).
Did the i4 have vol control? i5 does not have volume control. Dang.

Jul 31, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #9,965 of 62,439
So there is a benefit to using TIDAL despite not having a higher bandwidth codec?
These are 2 different codecs that mess with the signal in different ways, you likely add the mp3 compression to the aac/sbc/aptx one.

That said, I dont notice difference between mp3 over 350kbps and flac.

My Plex setup has everything in 350kbps MP3.

Jul 31, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #9,966 of 62,439
My quotes were meant tongue & cheek, not literal, given the marketing piece plays up the audio quality. Disappointing if they didn't push it much further than the WF-SP700N or the original WF-1000X. Looking forward to more impressions, especially in comparison to the previous Sony models and their high-end competitors (Sennheiser, M&D, B&O).

Aren't these all characteristics of the QCC 5 series chipsets? I guess sony is trying to stay ahead of the game as the 5 series is out but not really in production yet, correct?

Jul 31, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #9,967 of 62,439
Of the 3 which BT most stable and which one is most comfortable / size ? Thanks
My order would be the T5 is the most comfortable and stable, then the 359 and then the T3, Most bass also from left to right. The Tranya's are very good, but they dont' have much mid range IMO and they are big and I have had some connection hiccups on mine, nothing major, but zero with the 359's and a few pairing issues with the T5, but once you learn they power off separately it's not a big deal.

Jul 31, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #9,968 of 62,439
Aren't these all characteristics of the QCC 5 series chipsets? I guess sony is trying to stay ahead of the game as the 5 series is out but not really in production yet, correct?

Sony don’t use Qualcomm for this new one hence the lack of AptX

Jul 31, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #9,969 of 62,439
The phone has to decode the music in order to mix all different sounds from alerts, games and whatever else goes on and then encode the resulting mixed signal to send to the phones
I wonder if this changes when the phone is switched to silent mode? I remember an older program for windows called Foobar that allowed direct access to the sound card via Wasapi for the player, but it shut off all other other windows sounds etc. the sound quality was def. improved.

Jul 31, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #9,970 of 62,439
I wonder if this changes when the phone is switched to silent mode? I remember an older program for windows called Foobar that allowed direct access to the sound card via Wasapi for the player, but it shut off all other other windows sounds etc. the sound quality was def. improved.

I don't know but I doubt it and as far as I know there is no equivalent to the Windows kernel mode on iOS and even in silent mode some sounds still go through like the alarm clock

Jul 31, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #9,971 of 62,439
Nope. No volume control on either unfortunately..
Dang that's why I wasn't interested now I remember. I think Anbes is quietly working on something new. ✌️It seems amazon got the common batch being sent out these days and maybe sent them back. My only guess why nothing has popped up since their due date July 27th.

Jul 31, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #9,972 of 62,439
Oh my Magical blue. Mic f%%king drop. Tease. Stunning.
619R3lRmWxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

514WRSOR82L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #9,974 of 62,439
This is super random, but does anyone have a multi-meter and a pair of the 359's? i'm curious as to what amperage/voltage the 359's usb-c cable charges at. I recently purchased some usb-c to usb-c cables for an external enclosure for my m.2 SSD and dove down the usb-c cable rabbit hole, fun fact. any usb-c cable that comes with a macbook pro and a 30 or 60w charging block, only supports a 60w max charge and usb 2.0 speeds (40MB/s), What a rip off apple. I found some 3.3 meter USB-C cables on amazon that do 100w charge, 10Gbps data and 4k video for $3.99. while they are probably Waaay to much for the anbes cable, I tried connecting the anbes cable the usb drive and it powered up, but was not recognized by windows or MacOs, which leads me to believe it's a charging cable only. Moral of the story, while USB-C CAN support quick charging, that doesn't mean it charges any faster than micro usb. and correct me if i'm wrong, but the faster you charge, the less longevity you get from your batteries, so having an TWS with a long 6-12 hour battery life that I can trickly charge slowly over night, is really the best scenario IMO. Thoughts?

Cables Link

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #9,975 of 62,439
This is super random, but does anyone have a multi-meter and a pair of the 359's? i'm curious as to what amperage/voltage the 359's usb-c cable charges at. I recently purchased some usb-c to usb-c cables for an external enclosure for my m.2 SSD and dove down the usb-c cable rabbit hole, fun fact. any usb-c cable that comes with a macbook pro and a 30 or 60w charging block, only supports a 60w max charge and usb 2.0 speeds (40MB/s), What a rip off apple. I found some 3.3 meter USB-C cables on amazon that do 100w charge, 10Gbps data and 4k video for $3.99. while they are probably Waaay to much for the anbes cable, I tried connecting the anbes cable the usb drive and it powered up, but was not recognized by windows or MacOs, which leads me to believe it's a charging cable only. Moral of the story, while USB-C CAN support quick charging, that doesn't mean it charges any faster than micro usb. and correct me if i'm wrong, but the faster you charge, the less longevity you get from your batteries, so having an TWS with a long 6-12 hour battery life that I can trickly charge slowly over night, is really the best scenario IMO. Thoughts?

Cables Link
I don't have anything to do measurements but I think Anbes 359, Astrotec S60 and others only use USB 2.0, just with a Type C connector on the Type C end. Hence Type C to C cables will not work - you need to add a Type A female to C male adapter to a Type C to A cable to charge through a Type C power source. microUSB can still have quick charging like on the Jabra 65t.

Earfun Free has quick charge, USB C to C PD support, but the battery case seems poorly calibrated and dies after 50%. I finally received my refund but am disappointed by the situation and how Oluv was dragged into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back