Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 29, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #9,826 of 62,311
True. Problem with ordering in Alibaba is the shipping costs. Remember this is a wholesale portal and those vendors are used to sell a good amount of units per transaction. Rarely, shipping costs are free or inexpensive when you're ordering just 1 unit. It's not like you can add something to the cart, check it out and have free or 1 US$ shipping costs.

In addition, I'd see advisable to let them go through the retail shops and check some reviews before. My point here is that is not probably a good idea to buy the Sabbat E12 now. Better wait till the ones with the Qualcomm chipset are out on the street. Looking at the wholesale price of the new vs the older, I think that the retail price will be roughly the same.
What I'm clear now is that I wouldn't buy any chi-fi TWS that does not not come with one of the Qualcomm chipsets (qcc3020 or 3026). We're starting to see some models bringing them at affordable prices (WaveFun X-Pods 3/YTOM T1 being likely the most affordable today, with other such as the Syllable, Edifier TWS1 and the like) and we can expect this trend is going to keep on within the next months. AptX support, separate bud connectivity, lower energy consumption and therefore longer overall battery life and better call quality (cVc 8.0) are goodies one don´t want to pass.

Of course, for SQ there are many other factors that matter such as overall design, driver build quality, shell design to account for optimal resonance and some others, but I'd say the qcc's always add up to the final product.

Just keep in mind that most all the cheap Chi-fi brands dont invest in their own R&D and are essentially assemblers of components engineered and improved by individual component makers or just plain OEMs where they only stamp their brand and "market" finished white-label products made by others. That means that the ones actually driving the real innovation on the TWS are the component manufacturers.

Totally agree with what your saying.
I'm terms of shipping costs - I think they're usually pretty reasonable within China, so you just need to use a service that receives your orders and bulk ships then to you. I've seen a few around but haven't used them to know of any specific

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #9,828 of 62,311
Any chance you could do side by side size comparison of the cases you review?

Mpow seems extremely huge compared to the others, doubt it could fit in my jeans, if you have airpods case would be better, currently using that and it fits my pockets perfectly.

I'm actually about to put up my review of the T5's and have comparison photos with Tranya T3 and Anbes 359.

The T5's really aren't pocketable in my opinion. T3's are better but the 359's are actually the closest to pocketable. They're all bigger than AirPods obviously

Jul 29, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #9,829 of 62,311
Got my Mpow T5 review up!

DId this one as a comparitive review with the Anbes 359 and Tranya T3's as well.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #9,830 of 62,311

DId this one as a comparitive review with the Anbes 359 and Tranya T3's as well.

Nice. Got any others planned? I'd love a comparison to the Nillkin Go, as I'm pretty hyped for mine to arrive. I'll get it this week unless customs decide to make me wait, but I've not got any of the other budget favourites to compare it to.

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #9,831 of 62,311
Nice. Got any others planned? I'd love a comparison to the Nillkin Go, as I'm pretty hyped for mine to arrive. I'll get it this week unless customs decide to make me wait, but I've not got any of the other budget favourites to compare it to.

Nothing in the meantime.... Maybe the new KZ's, not sure yet... Really want to see the new 1more hybrids once they finally come out....

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #9,833 of 62,311
Not sure if this has covered but there is a new update/Firmware for the Sennheiser TW. You can shut them off via the App and a few other goodies.
That's a pretty meaningful update since it solves the problem of not being able to turn them off when the case is dead.

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #9,834 of 62,311

Bahaha Christmas tree decoration. Great review well done. What was the blurry bokeh pic about? Send back the T3.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #9,835 of 62,311
Bahaha Christmas tree decoration. Great review well done. What was the blurry bokeh pic about? Send back the T3.

That was probably a loading issue on your end - mine were all in focus :)

And I'm kind of thinking of sending back the T3, but then I'm also thinking that while the T5 is great, it's not portable enough, and then those connectivity issues.... Anyway, I have a few more days to decide about the T3's....
Who knows, maybe I'll just sell my 359's :ksc75smile::beyersmile:

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #9,836 of 62,311
Jul 29, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #9,837 of 62,311
I'll update on my experience with the Backbay Duet 50. IPX 5 and I have been cooling of under the sprinkler fountain at the park with no ill effects :) Wind noise is not an issue and bone conduction isn't loud at all and no bother with music or podcasts playing. Aptx and thr right tips will get very solid sound out of them well worth the under $40 price tag. I'll not that they have independent volume control. Not all my BT5/0 stuff does and just turns the player volume. So, I can indeed lower the MP3 player volume down and put the battery strain more on the earbuds. Useful for me when a device states 6 hours of BT and That isn't even combining FM reception and then BT broadcasting which I do at times.

I like the fit. They can lean out a bit at the top with bigger tips, that I recc. for the better sound but then I can do the thumb forefinger pinch to press the button and not do the push the buds in thing. Much better this way! I get the double beep signal when top volume is reached and the other beep to tell you to let go when you FF or RW. They have behaved without issue as well.

Only real issue is that bigger tips are better but they don't fit in the case easily. A little push is needed and you can just drop them in with the magnetic force. Softer large tips like Sony hybrids will turn inside out upon removal from the case which is an annoyance.

Solid for there price and are keepers for me. If they did upgrade to an $99 model with their EQ built in, even better sound, and over double digit battery life I would be interested after my experience with the Duet 50. For now the Duet 50 will certainly be fine to hold me over till some such better models come forth with more features. Provided the Duet 50 hold up which we'll see since you can long term test after a week.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

On another note what about modified SBC(mSBC0 and SBC XQ???

"Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel HD audio mode (SBC XQ)
renderTimingPixel.png

LineageOS 15.1 and 16.0 bring a unique audio quality enhancement to the stock Bluetooth SBC audio codec. It introduces support for SBC Dual Channel mode with the eXtreme quality profile (SBC XQ), bumping this old codec’s audio quality to levels on par with Qualcomm’s proprietary codec - aptX HD.

An additional “HD Audio: SBC” checkbox is available in users’ Bluetooth audio device settings, as long as they are running a LineageOS 15.1 build created on or after the 31st of March 2019, or a 16.0 build created on or after the 13th of May 2019. Enabling this setting will toggle the Dual Channel mode, which offers an improved bitrate much higher than the one available in the stock SBC codec. The new bitrate of 452 or 551 kbps depends on the Bluetooth device’s maximum Enhanced Data Rate and is a clear upgrade from the stock 328 kbps when using Joint Stereo mode.

The feature is available on all devices with LineageOS support, and can be used by the overwhelming majority of existing Bluetooth playback devices. It works best with cheaper audio devices that do not support additional codecs - aptX, aptX HD, AAC or LDAC."

Would seem to pretty cool to take advantage of SBC since we all know it is capable of higher bitrate and would seem to make sense like it says above for cheaper devices which don't pay for the rights to aptX and such. Just don't know how much we will see this. i did see a couple of headphones just being released listing support for both SBC and mSBC.

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #9,839 of 62,311
Anyone knows of any chi-fi that has internal storage? So far its only iconx/bragi and this indiegogo,

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sportfy-internal-storage-true-wireless-earbuds#/

What gives? Even if it holds 100mb of songs i would be extremely happy with it.

Probably due to increased costs and complexities, and size constraints.... Means you have to have separate storage soldered on and a more complex chipset that can decide and process the files. Not to mention an interface for loading those songs to begin with.

Until chipset manufacturers start combining all of that into a single chipset, you won't see many implementations from Chi-Fi TWE's.

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #9,840 of 62,311

Users who are viewing this thread

Back