Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 29, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #9,842 of 62,636
Got my Mpow T5 review up!

DId this one as a comparitive review with the Anbes 359 and Tranya T3's as well.
Thanks for the review! Strange that you are facing connection/drop out issues, I have no problem with mine.. Which version do you have? I know that the upgraded version
solved some connection issues of the older model. Mine is BH322B.

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #9,843 of 62,636
Jul 29, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #9,844 of 62,636
Looks like my beloved Sabbat E12 has been upgraded with the a new Qualcomm chipset.
For the moment, it's only listed in the Alibaba site - https://www.alibaba.com/product-det....galleryofferlist.normalList.1.789c4f92xcjDTm - for consumer shops to buy in bulk.
We can expect it to become available within the next weeks or months on AliExpress and other similar sites. This may be artificially push back a bit, till the brand runs out of stock on the current version
Unfortunately, the info does not the specify the Qualcomm chipset (I'd bet on the qcc3020).
If this upgrade solves the call quality issues (on paper, they should have cVc 8.0) of the one today and improve the connectivity, these buds are back to the game.
d'oh, I just bought one the other day!

The seal and isolation are better than on the Jabra's for me. I don't really get your charging question, but it charges via usb-c.
Some of the cheap TWS that have type C connectors can only charge using Type C to Type A cables, because they're just using a USB 2.0 interface with a modified connector to save costs. It's fine for most people but this means you can't directly charge it off a Macbook or Google Pixel charger using a Type C to Type C cable (USB PD charging), unless you use an adapter on a Type-C-to-A cable on the power source end. For example, Anbes 359, Astrotec S60, RHA Trueconnect can't support PD charging but it does work on the Earfun Free.

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #9,845 of 62,636
Thanks for the review! Strange that you are facing connection/drop out issues, I have no problem with mine.. Which version do you have? I know that the upgraded version
solved some connection issues of the older model. Mine is BH322B.

Pretty sure it's the latest, will have to confirm. The connectivity issues are mostly when I'm kneeling down, oddly enough in terms of drop outs. Otherwise it's things like connecting as if on a call, or couple times one of the buds wouldn't connect so I have to reset that one.

Maybe it's just a defective unit

Edit: Yep, mine is BH322B as well

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #9,848 of 62,636
I am using the Tranya T3 Sports Wireless and having real good result especially on run time. For its price I think it performs nicely.

Totally agree, the Tranya T3 are a fantastic buy. Especially if you can find them on sale.

Have you tried the Mpow T5? Just reviewed those and really enjoying their sound (listening to them right this moment actually)

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #9,849 of 62,636
I'll update on my experience with the Backbay Duet 50... So, I can indeed lower the MP3 player volume down and put the battery strain more on the earbuds.
On another note what about modified SBC(mSBC0 and SBC XQ???
So... I may not be an audio engineer but I'm reasonably certain that's not how it works. Given BT volume control between source and buds are purely digital, though you set the source volume lower and crank up the earbuds, it ultimately still only affects the earbuds' battery life (happy to be proven wrong by those in the know though :beyersmile:)

SBC XQ is intriguing... I haven't heard of that particular implementation but as far as the base SBC codec goes, I've found there has always been a larger variation to its implementation; I've heard some really good ones (like Jaybird X2 - though not TWE) and I've heard really poor ones from cheap chi-fi units, thus the general desire for alternative codecs like aptX, AAC, LDAC, etc. which tend to be a bit more consistent with better implementation.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #9,850 of 62,636
Anbes 359 copy (just different case) - Letsfit Wireless Earbuds (BE32?) are on daily deals for a couple more hours for $27.

Anyone going to try these out?

61WzfFI4XJL._SL1500_.jpg

Edit: Ok this is too funny - so are another clone - Letscom True Wireless Earbuds (BE32 as well!) on for $34 after coupon.

61MJgscuYcL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #9,851 of 62,636
Anbes 359 copy (just different case) - Letsfit Wireless Earbuds (BE32?) are on daily deals for a couple more hours for $27.

Anyone going to try these out?

61WzfFI4XJL._SL1500_.jpg
I wish. Darn it. U gonna try? Maybe cianihi guy? Is that how you spell it? On another subject Humidity is so bad urg

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #9,853 of 62,636
So... I may not be an audio engineer but I'm reasonably certain that's not how it works. Given BT volume control between source and buds are purely digital, though you set the source volume lower and crank up the earbuds, it ultimately still only affects the earbuds' battery life (happy to be proven wrong by those in the know though :beyersmile:)

SBC XQ is intriguing... I haven't heard of that particular implementation but as far as the base SBC codec goes, I've found there has always been a larger variation to its implementation; I've heard some really good ones (like Jaybird X2 - though not TWE) and I've heard really poor ones from cheap chi-fi units, thus the general desire for alternative codecs like aptX, AAC, LDAC, etc. which tend to be a bit more consistent with better implementation.

Depends on device. The one I have I can plug in and listen with BT on will take a hit esp. with FM use. Others the HO is off and I plug in and get no sound till I shut BT. The one that keeps both does drain more, IME, and thankfully is one that is independent so I can turn the BB all the way up and turn the device from 23 volume to 13 and it does help. :)

I would think that SBC XQ could be good for the Chi-Fi segment esp. if they can save paying dollars to Qualcomm but we will see if it gains traction.

Jul 29, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #9,854 of 62,636
Pretty sure it's the latest, will have to confirm. The connectivity issues are mostly when I'm kneeling down, oddly enough in terms of drop outs. Otherwise it's things like connecting as if on a call, or couple times one of the buds wouldn't connect so I have to reset that one.

Maybe it's just a defective unit

Edit: Yep, mine is BH322B as well
Great review! I think I may have had 1 or 2 small drop outs, like, ever. I have to think there may be a defect with the antenna in your unit. Also, calls are mine are quite good, in fact, they are better than the Anbes 359 (which are still good). Let me also point out, that many of my calls were in the car. Being Canada 'n all, maybe they give you guys the "B" Stock. :p

Jul 29, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #9,855 of 62,636
Great review! I think I may have had 1 or 2 small drop outs, like, ever. I have to think there may be a defect with the antenna in your unit. Also, calls are mine are quite good, in fact, they are better than the Anbes 359 (which are still good). Let me also point out, that many of my calls were in the car. Being Canada 'n all, maybe they give you guys the "B" Stock. :p

Thanks!

Yeah but these were bought in America, eh
:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back