Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 24, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #9,541 of 62,308
Jul 24, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #9,542 of 62,308
Either the Senn MTW or the M&D MW07 are leaders at the moment. I haven't listened to them personally, but from what I hear they're not exactly far ahead in terms of some of the ChiFi stuff out there. Plus if you're fine with something like TRN BT20/BT20S + IEM, then I'm sure you'll get better sound than even the crazy expensive MW07. Also, the Senn's have terrible battery life, and I believe MW07's aren't much better (but may be wrong on that last one).

Thank you for this.

For what I read, the new Sony WF-1000XM3 should be even better than the Sennheier.

Update: On Amazon.com reviews say that the Sennheiser sounds better thant the M&D. Here I would really like to receive a comment from an user.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #9,544 of 62,308
Just received my Pamu Slides. For their current crowdfunding price, they are quite good (build quality/feature wise).
Sound wise, they are a bit veiled, subdued, laidback with treble being rolled off with some elevated bass. You won't get that top end sparkle. Imaging is ok with slightly below average soundstage. Definitely a non fatiguing consumer targeted sounding IEM.

I didn't have very high expectations for them, so my impressions are based on my expectations for their current price and being TWS.

IMG-7493.jpg

IMG-7495.jpg

IMG-7496.jpg

Will be collecting my WF-1000XM3 tomorrow or some time this week, so the Slides will probably be my daily rough/fitness usage while the Sony's will be my travelling TWS.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #9,547 of 62,308
No reply from them. But anyway 'official' on Ali it's just marketing ****.
When I asked, they just replied "yes"and when I asked for a photo they said "Please wait, we will shoot you later." :frowning:

I've seen 3 different rebrands that are circling about. Not sure if they all differ in volume control.
Letscom BE30 - Although Letscom seemed like a pretty respectable rebrand as it's listed on Amazon, it is possible the newer Aliexpress shipments might just have their name stamped on.
Air UFO - No branding at all...
Coolhere UFO - Coolhere hasn't really been active since last year... Mine came in a box saying Dream Sport (yet another rebrand!) They promised an ANC headphone but at a sky-high price (9999 RMB or ~1450 USD)

Don't buy the second one if you have an iPhone! The AptX screws up the connection on the iPhone, causing minor sound dips between the earpieces and some weird crackles in the sound. It does sound great on Android though.
How would you describe their sound relative to something like Anbes 359 and others? Did yours come with USB type C and if so does it charge with a Type C to C cable?

Maybe it's just the fact that Earfun Free has a 4-step charge indicator rather than 3-step like the Jabra, or I'm using them heavily these days, but I feel like I drain 1/4 of it each day (listening approximately 80-95% volume). Yet, I don't drain the buds much at all (after about 2 hours it's still at 80% left, though generally with TWS the last 20-40% can be useless because you will be bombarded with BATTERY LOW warnings) It isn't so much 6+24 hours battery as much as 24 hours total. Never really noticed this with Jabra Elite 65t. I haven't had any major issues with the Earfun, but the complaints in their Facebook group about defective products or failed deliveries and their lack of response doesn't inspire confidence.

Has anyone actually dealt with Anbes, Kissral or Letscom's after-service or warranty? While it seems like a grain of salt, those brands still seem more assuring than the rebrands.

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #9,548 of 62,308
Sorry if I ask directly without to search here: Is the Sennheiser Momentum TRUE Wireless the actual best sounding Wireless IEM? Or is there a better alternative such as Bose, Sony or b&o e8 2.0?

The Sony wf-1000xm3 is probably the best to me. Excellent resolution and timbre. Effortless and realistic audio reproduction.

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #9,549 of 62,308
Sorry if I ask directly without to search here: Is the Sennheiser Momentum TRUE Wireless the actual best sounding Wireless IEM? Or is there a better alternative such as Bose, Sony or b&o e8 2.0?

Best sq to me is B&o E8 2.0
I no longer use ibasso it01s (with 2.5balance cable of it04) since I get E8.

New sony xm3 is more clearity but less spacious against E8.
Bass of xm3 wasn't kind of good until change the eartip (which was a cheap plastic/rubber? in both visual& feeling).
I down vote Senn's MTW. Cant stand the bass

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #9,550 of 62,308
Best sq to me is B&o E8 2.0
I no longer use ibasso it01s (with 2.5balance cable of it04) since I get E8.

New sony xm3 is more clearity but less spacious against E8.
Bass of xm3 wasn't kind of good until change the eartip (which was a cheap plastic/rubber? in both visual& feeling).
I down vote Senn's MTW. Cant stand the bass

How do you all already have the new Sony?

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #9,551 of 62,308
@Bartig I read your review about the QCY T3, do you think they're a good upgrade from the QCY T1C? Can I work out with them on? (My earcanals are small, so no eartips problems probably, I usually use S)

Also, I'm very tempted to bite the Edifier TWS1, but I don't wanna be burnt :frowning2:

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #9,552 of 62,308
I'm curious if anyone ever confirmed if aptx improve SQ audibly? Using iPhone vs android. I know my KZ Bluetooth adapter sound better than my Trn bt20 without aptx, don't know if aptx has anything to do with it though.

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #9,554 of 62,308

Users who are viewing this thread

Back