Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 23, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #9,511 of 62,422
Don't buy the second one if you have an iPhone! The AptX screws up the connection on the iPhone, causing minor sound dips between the earpieces and some weird crackles in the sound. It does sound great on Android though.
I've been looking at these. So you're saying on an iPhone there's an issue with AAC playback? The iPhone, obviously, doesn't have aptX, so that should be a non-factor. Trying to better understand to see if it's worth taking a shot or not.

https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Earphones-Cancelling/dp/B07THV7NL1/

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #9,512 of 62,422
So looks like quite a few people here are ordering them now.... Guess no point for me to pick them up until there's more feedback :)

You can count on my
Keep in mind that since the T1 are KZ's first foray into TWS earphones (they even state that it's a public beta), I wouldn't be surprised for there to be issues with compatibility with different phones, or left-right balance issues, or connectivity issues, or just plain simple longevity.... So if you're looking for a solid and tested product, look at the others on your list.

I'm waiting for my MPOW T5, but between the Tranya and Anbes, if you like more base, go for Tranya's, if you want more balanced sound, go for Anbes. Other than that, it's a preference of what you see in photos. I have reviewed both - see my signature.

There will be no shortage of reviews of those as soon as they start arriving. (Mine included)

Agree that waiting is the best on this one, we will be the guinea pigs... as a KZ hoarder, I had to buy it.

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #9,513 of 62,422
You can count on my

There will be no shortage of reviews of those as soon as they start arriving. (Mine included)

Agree that waiting is the best on this one, we will be the guinea pigs... as a KZ hoarder, I had to buy it.

Makes sense... how long until you get yours?

Afraid if I wait too long for a review I'll break and buy them myself :)

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #9,514 of 62,422
low-battery-emoji.png
Makes sense... how long until you get yours?

Afraid if I wait too long for a review I'll break and buy them myself :)

Buy buy buy + replacement for Migo. Fun Fun Fun. You know what is gonna happen is someone will mod the battery to 10hrs, egag Slater hopefully.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #9,515 of 62,422
Buy buy buy + replacement for Migo. Fun Fun Fun. You know what is gonna happen is someone will mod the battery to 10hrs, egag Slater hopefully.

Haha

Funny you should mention that. Believe it or not, I have been kicking around an almost identical project (but a lot more than 10 hours)!

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #9,516 of 62,422
Haha

Funny you should mention that. Believe it or not, I have been kicking around an almost identical project (but a lot more than 10 hours)!

Whoa amazing I'm so psyched and maybe psychic. :p Hooray. In case you guys don't know Slater has done some great and exciting mods here in headfi.

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #9,517 of 62,422
Haha

Whoa amazing I'm so psyched and maybe psychic. :p Hooray. In case you guys don't know Slater has done some great and exciting mods here in headfi.

Looking forward to it!

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #9,519 of 62,422
Jul 23, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #9,520 of 62,422
Jul 23, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #9,522 of 62,422
I've been looking at these. So you're saying on an iPhone there's an issue with AAC playback? The iPhone, obviously, doesn't have aptX, so that should be a non-factor. Trying to better understand to see if it's worth taking a shot or not.

https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Earphones-Cancelling/dp/B07THV7NL1/
I know, I couldn't believe it either. But I really do think the codecs of this tws are in the way for iPhone use. It's the only one I've encountered this huge difference on.

Thing is: it's pretty great on Android.

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #9,523 of 62,422
Before and after KZ announcement
giphy.gif

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #9,524 of 62,422
Got my Lypertek Tevis for an hour ago. Just unpacked and connected them.
These got almost everything. AptX, AAC, BT5.0, 10 hours battery, ipx7, usb-c, volume control, siri/google assistant etc.. Even came with a free gift, a set of Flexifit foam tips.

First impressions are impressive.
Very detailed and clear sounding (without being harsh at all), balanced as announced but with enough bass (not for bassheads maybe?). EDIT: With the right eartips, I can recommend it to bassheads too :) With the Spinfit CP-100, Symbio by Mandarines and Comply T-200 there are plenty bass!
Soundstage and stereo imaging sounds great for a TWS.

Good fit (sticks out longer than the Anbes (as every TWS), but on par with the QCY T2C).
Connectivity is as great as other BT5.0 TWS. Walking around all corners of my apartment without dropouts when my iPhone X is laying in the living room.

$89.90 - free shipping (sent Thursday from Hong Kong, got them here in Oslo today - DHL Express)

Can post an update when they have been used some hours, if it's interesting.
Think these are a keeper!

Edit 2: Just found this review: http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/reviews/lypertek-tevi-true-wireless-earphone-review/

FEATURES:
Clean, Balanced, Good Bass and Wide Sound Stage Sound Signature.
Qualcomm Bluetooth 5.0 for stable connection.
Super Light and Comfortable Wearing Experience.
IPX7 waterproof.

SPECIFICATION:
Driver: High Performance 6mm Graphene Driver
Frequency Response: 20 - 20kHz
Microphone: cVc 8.0 Noise Cancelling, Echo Cancellation, Noise Suppression
Bluetooth Specification: Bluetooth 5.0
Bluetooth Codec: Qualcomm aptX, AAC, SBC
Play Time (Max): Max 10 hours* And Max. 70 hours with Charging Case (*Volume 50% based on SBC)
Waterproof Level: IPX7
Features: Music & Volume Control, Phone Call & Voice Assistant Calls.

PACKAGE INCLUDES:
TEVI Truly Wireless Earphone - 1pair
Charging Case - 1pc
S, M, L Silicone Tips - 1pair per size
Flexfit Foam Tips (M size) -1pair
USB Type-C cable -1pc
Quick Start Manual - 1pc
FLEXFIT FOAM TIPS "gift" - S, M, L - 1pair per size

Damn, looks nice. It's like an upgraded MPOW T5. Do you have the T5 to compare?

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #9,525 of 62,422
Damn, looks nice. It's like an upgraded MPOW T5. Do you have the T5 to compare?
He doesn't he replied to that question 2 or 3 pages back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back