Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 23, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #9,481 of 62,574
hey guys,

I wanted to jump on the TWS train and I see a lot of chi-fi brands mentioned. However nobody has once mentioned edifier. Is there a reason for that? youtube seems to give the TWS2 decent reviews. I decided to purchase the edifier TWS5 and it just arrived today. It sounds surprisingly solid. Good dynamic range. Punchy lows, crisp highs, "ok" mids. Nothing really jumps out but they're still pleasntly surprising.

I got it for 449 RMB ($65). It seems to be on the higher end of the chi-fi TWS range, but it comes w/ the latest qualcomm chip (QCC3026), APT-X, & some other decent specs.

I could only find one review (in chinese) https://new.qq.com/omn/20190421/20190421A00OGT.html. It's quite thurough and they even did a tear-down. Gave it a favorable rating.

So just curious... anyone own any edifiers? I'm quite happy w/ my TWS5's so far.

Welcome to the club!

There's been some discussion about the Edifier TWS, but not much.
I was debating to pick up the TWS1, but then decided on the MPOW T5.
I really like well defined base, so guess TWS5 wouldn't be for me based on your feedback :)

Nice to see a teardown though!

Do you have any other TWS? How do they compare?

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #9,482 of 62,574
Jul 23, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #9,483 of 62,574
Hello, can anyone tell me that blitzwolf in ear bluetooth are good earphones? Have a good bass and quality?
Can recommend another chinese on that are better not too expensive?

Thanks
Which one? The dual driver version? If so, I like, not love them. They are bassy, as expected, but they fit well, have decent call quality, and are fun to listen to. However, they don't have the best clarity, so keep that in mind. If you enjoy a warm sound signature, these will likely make you happy, however, for the price, you're better off going with the MPOW T5, Anbes 359, or (based on other's recommendations) the Tranya T3.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #9,484 of 62,574
So i recently got the Samsung Galaxy buds for a good price, used about $70 and they are well worth the money. I contacted Samsung gave them the serial and they said warranty is good for until August 2020. Sweet! They are about 5-6 hours as advertised, easy setup decent sound, better than AirPods and extremely comfortable. I can see myself making them the primary gym and biking headphones for sure.
They are a nice set, however, watch out for one thing while you're in the return period.

Everything was all fine and dandy, then one day, volume in one earbud was softer than the other (can't remember which one now). I reset everything, but it remained. After reading online, it looks like it's a common issue. It'll be fine for a few, then all of a sudden, boom, the good times don't keep on rolling. Instead of trying to work with Samsung, I decided to return them.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #9,487 of 62,574
Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #9,488 of 62,574
I'm trying to listen to some Progressive Metal on the QCY (using the smallest eartips), and **** if they're good.

Anyways, how do I know which size of eartips suit me best? I find that usually the smallest eartips are very easy to put in my ears, while medium are average difficulty, and the biggest are easy too, but the sound is weird, feels like I'm listening to the music while being in a tunnel.

With the smallest eartips the QCY sound way more bass-heavy, I can feel the bass clearly, but mids are forward too, maybe highs lack a bit.

With the medium eartips everything seems more balanced, perhaps.

EDIT: Just kidding, with the smallest eartips I'm listening to Rishloo (prog metal) very clearly and fine, guitars are a bit recessed perhaps.

Also, I heard that QCY's volume could be lacking. I honestly think they're great in that too!

I'm loving the QCY so far, I think I might decide and upgrade to the Tranya T3 one day!
You had me at Progressive Metal :L3000:, I use a S/M tip 11mm and and M 12mm, just depends on the TWS' i'd try playing something that has a good amount bass and test your tips, to see which is most comfy with the most amount of bass.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #9,490 of 62,574
The Mpow T5 sounds a bit more smooth than the tranya T3, which has a more emphasized bass. I love them both. You can read my Tranya T3 review here, by the way. My T5 review is in the making. Still enjoying and comparing it first. :p

Don't buy the second one if you have an iPhone! The AptX screws up the connection on the iPhone, causing minor sound dips between the earpieces and some weird crackles in the sound. It does sound great on Android though.

Maybe my Leaderboard of cheap true wireless earphones can help you furter. Basically, everything rated 4 and 5 stars is great. I haven't tested Blitzwolf models because Blitzwolf itself can't even tell me which of their wireless earphones is the best...
Your leaderboard is excellent!

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #9,491 of 62,574
Public Beta? What? and it's got a 3 hour run time. they look super cool. but they need to really work on that running time.

I'm guessing that's why they priced it relatively low.... I mean it's half price from the (granted, very excellent) mifo O5, despite having extra driver and crossover.

Also, I saw 7-8 hours advertised in one of their photos....
Edit: nevermind, realised I read that wrong...
That said, 3 hours is enough for me

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #9,492 of 62,574
I'm guessing that's why they priced it relatively low.... I mean it's half price from the (granted, very excellent) mifo O5, despite having extra driver and crossover.

Makes sense. 7-8 hours would be excellent. Do we know which chipset? and no aptx it looks like some probably not a QCC5xxx etc?

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #9,493 of 62,574
Makes sense. 7-8 hours would be excellent. Do we know which chipset? and no aptx it looks like some probably not a QCC5xxx etc?

They do have a drawing of a chipset with the letter R on it, but I'm guessing they're not using Realtek either. Probably some cheap alternative.

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #9,495 of 62,574

Exactly I bought it despite the beta status (and that Im way over my iem budget this month) as they will probably be more expensive when not in Beta or, at least, came in a different color.

I think and hope its a Mifo with KZ drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back