Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 22, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #9,361 of 62,307
@hifi80sman, @vstolpner, @actorlife, sorry for being thick, but I asked about burning in buds before and one of you said you use a burn-in playlist in spotify and then run some sweeps. How does everyone else burn in their buds? Also, is it a specific playlist? are you running sweeps from audiocheck.net etc?

5 min in preheated oven at 100°C

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #9,362 of 62,307
@hifi80sman, @vstolpner, @actorlife, sorry for being thick, but I asked about burning in buds before and one of you said you use a burn-in playlist in spotify and then run some sweeps. How does everyone else burn in their buds? Also, is it a specific playlist? are you running sweeps from audiocheck.net etc?
Jazz/Rock flac files music on my Cayin N3 one day at listening vol and Pink noise one day and don't play too loud just enough. Sometimes I'll rotate for a week on both. It's funny never burn-in my TWS cause they better have treble or back you go bitch.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #9,363 of 62,307
Wanted to mention, I picked up the Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo TWS', I tried using them a couple different times but I couldn't keep them in for more than a couple min. each time. Sound was a touch above average for the price point, V-shape, high highs, decent bass, but the earbud stems are LOOOOOOONG! Unless you have some Deep ear canals I wouldn't recommend them. The build quality is excellent, some of the best I've seen. It's too bad, I really wanted to like them but ergonomics just wouldn't work with my anatomy.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #9,364 of 62,307

I use a Spotify playlist called "Headphone Burn In" with a smiley face for cover art. Here's the link to it

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1lF6ZfObwunPKi0migPywt?si=RxOKWJs6Si2gbUj2bgyakw

Edit: forgot to mention volume - when burning in I go for a notch or two above the loudest I would listen to it, not necessarily at full volume.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #9,365 of 62,307
5 min in preheated oven at 100°C

If you go to 175-180 degrees the earphones start to caramelize and make the music sound sweet as sugar.

:k701smile::ksc75smile::o2smile::darthsmile:

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #9,366 of 62,307
Jul 22, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #9,367 of 62,307
3hrs till mpow... Nope Stop Look at the cute girl walking down the street. Good distraction. :p

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #9,368 of 62,307
I use a Spotify playlist called "Headphone Burn In" with a smiley face for cover art. Here's the link to it

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1lF6ZfObwunPKi0migPywt?si=RxOKWJs6Si2gbUj2bgyakw

Edit: forgot to mention volume - when burning in I go for a notch or two above the loudest I would listen to it, not necessarily at full volume.
Awesome! Thank You! So, do you just leave them on until they die, charge and repeat etc. I did run some sweeps on the T5's I was really impressed. It never ceases to amaze me how some songs/albums have such terrible production while others are just phenomenal.

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #9,369 of 62,307
I don't normally burn in unless there is a characteristic I'm not liking. If that's the case, I'll download some frequency sweeps on YouTube and loop them for 24 hours (total playing time, recharge in between) at 80-100% volume (depending on the issue). If there is an imbalance, I may only run the burn-in on one 'bud in an effort to balance them out. I will say, however, rarely does this seem to change any annoying characteristic, so my return rate is probably about 90%.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #9,370 of 62,307
Awesome! Thank You! So, do you just leave them on until they die, charge and repeat etc. I did run some sweeps on the T5's I was really impressed. It never ceases to amaze me how some songs/albums have such terrible production while others are just phenomenal.

I usually just run it a few hours at a time here and there as I can, between actual use

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #9,371 of 62,307
Time for a Tally guys. I own 6 TWS(See my sig) so far and you all??? Also any plans to add more and if yes what model. Go.

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #9,372 of 62,307
So annoying for a Norwegian... neither Tranya, Mpow or Kissral are possible to order to Norway :frowning2:
Guess I just have to be happy with my Lypertek Tevis for $89,90 incl shipping and tax/toll... and I really am. They are the best I've had! (And I have/have had Senn MTW, B&O E8 2,0, Anbes 359, QCY T2C, Tiso i4, Syllable s101...)

Yeah, it kind of sucks that we don't have a "local" Amazon. I just stick to AliExpress for importing chi-fi to Norway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back