Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 16, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #8,912 of 62,013
My Mpow T5's arrived a day early (ordered yesterday on Prime Day, wow :) ), and have only listened for a few minutes but so far I like what I hear. I might be able to send back the Tranya T3. I guess I would call myself a bit of a basshead (my wired buds for the last few years are the Sony XB90EX), but I thought the T3 bass could be a bit much at times. The T5 may have a more balanced sound. They connected via AptX right away on my Samsung S8+. I will take them to the gym today and give a longer listen.
The Tranya T3 is great, but mine have an issue of the left bud losing connection for a second every 10-15 minutes or so (sometimes more often), but it always reconnected right away so it wasn't that big of a deal. They also seemed a bit big in my ears (using Sony hybrid tips), but they are very easy to get a seal.
Overall the T5 might be a better TWS due to the AptX and more balanced sound. We'll see.
I do like the look and feel of the faux leather charging case of the T5, but don't like that it is much bigger than the T3 case. I'm trying to find out the actual MAH capacity of the case, but after a bit of Google I'm seeing either 280mah or 500mah. Not sure how it compares to the Tranya capacity wide. Too bad it doesn't have USB-C or wireless charging.

Jul 16, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #8,913 of 62,013
Some interesting stuff there. Edifier looks good with aptx and 8hr battery not sure about SQ if they have a soundstage and bright without shrill and sibilant it's a good thing. I'm holding off monies is tight. I'll wait for reviews.

Interesting with feedback on using the TWS outside. I've never done it. I use mine at home only. Maybe I'll take a bike ride with mine and see if any have disconnecting or breaking up issues while outside. Not that it matters I like to use mine at home.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #8,915 of 62,013
Some interesting stuff there. Edifier looks good with aptx and 8hr battery not sure about SQ if they have a soundstage and bright without shrill and sibilant it's a good thing. I'm holding off monies is tight. I'll wait for reviews.

Interesting with feedback on using the TWS outside. I've never done it. I use mine at home only. Maybe I'll take a bike ride with mine and see if any have disconnecting or breaking up issues while outside. Not that it matters I like to use mine at home.

Edifier also seems to be a well-known brand, I checked on google and they had some very diverse and reliable products out there.

I might bite the Edifier TWS1 someday, but the issue is that I am no good at all in reviewing sound.

Jul 16, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #8,916 of 62,013
Any word on pricing for the mifo O4 or Shanling MTW100?

Quote out of the MTW100 thread :

Sorry about this, had some problems with getting it posted on Head-Fi, had only phone with me in Korea.

Three key information:
- These will be available both with dynamic and balanced armature, they have quite significantly different tuning.
- AAC and SBC support only for this model.
- Price is not finalized yet, but these should be in the more affordable part of TWS market(<100$).

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #8,918 of 62,013
Quote out of the MTW100 thread :

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out! I'm actually really excited about these - was there any word on the release date?

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #8,919 of 62,013
I found a review about Edifier TWS1:

Does anyone know the difference between the Edifier TWS? Looks like there are at least 4 different versions at different price brackets (with QCC3020 and aptx starting from the cheapest one) :-/

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #8,920 of 62,013
Does anyone know the difference between the Edifier TWS? Looks like there are at least 4 different versions at different price brackets (with QCC3020 and aptx starting from the cheapest one) :-/

I do know it.

TWS3 is the oldest one, followed by TWS2, TWS1 and TWS5.

TWS1 has Qualcomm QCC3020, TWS5 has Qualcomm QCC3026.

Also:

TWS1 has 8mm dynamic drivers, TWS5 has 6mm dynamic drivers, and impedance is different too: TWS1 has 32 omega while TWS5 has 16 omega.

Sensitivity is 98db on TWS1 and 102db on TWS5.

They speak of "bio-diaphragm", anyone knows what that is supposed to be?

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #8,922 of 62,013
Edifier also seems to be a well-known brand, I checked on google and they had some very diverse and reliable products out there.

I might bite the Edifier TWS1 someday, but the issue is that I am no good at all in reviewing sound.
Yes I know the brand. They have some good speakers sets and headphones that get great reviews on youtube. Always wanted to try their BT speakers. They are always on sale on amazon constantly. We will see what happens. Thanks for the video.

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #8,923 of 62,013
Thank you that was fun. I'm still waiting for the top 15.

Ok, I finally sorted through my summer loot and i tried to group them together in ‘classes’

This is all very scientific and researched and evidence based … or not … I guess it ends up being my gut feeling and what I reach to most .. so, happy sounds, good fit and in general great for running (which means, connectivity issues are a no no) , as this is where I do most of my TWS listening.

Within the classes in no real order … and classes 2&3 are very close together and still pretty good

Class one:
Mpow T5
Tranya T3
anbes 359
ZagZog A7 (or G07?) (use the image on Amazon to search for them on AliX, saw them under name 'BlueWow' ... they do NOT have a 3000mAh charging case as the amazon description says, it's 400mAh .. they were mixing listings again... of course, no guarantee that the ones on AliX are the same or have the same SQ)
Mifo O5 Pro (BA version)

Class two:
Anyfun K10
QCY QS1
Sabbat X12 (they lean towards C1)
Syllable S101 (i actually like them quite some)
Anomoibouds Capsule

Class three:
Tiso I4
Blitzwolf FYE5
Haylou G1
Twizzer TP1
1 More Stylish

But once again, those are all above average and will be in rotation.

classes.jpg

(please don't ask about classes 4&5 ... but the Havit G1 i.e. is in 4 together with the Redmi Airdots :wink: )

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #8,924 of 62,013
Hi guys.
Just pulled the trigger on some Tranya T3's after glowing recommendations.
Wondered if anyone could recommend some aftermarket tips? Had a look at comply but the tranyas aren't on their list. So is there an alternative make, or maybe comply for a different brand that will fit?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #8,925 of 62,013
Check it out, I think these are the same as the ones you were peeping on aliexpress.
Wowee what are you trying to do make me homeless? :p Thanks Ill see if the price goes down. I don't see APTX mentioned in the amazon page. I asked the seller to confirm. There was a ebay seller who had one pair left and when I checked this morning they were gone. Those were 35, but wrote and asked the seller if he'd do $30. Darn. By the way are you in the US d3myz and is that you in the pic drumming?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back