Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 12, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #8,641 of 62,660
Question for you, I have the standard Mifo 05’s and just ordered the Pro’s (got a deal on Amazon for $67). Is there a difference in terms of max volume levels between the two models? My Standards are typically at around max volume when listening to Spotify on my iPhone (without eq as I don’t like the distorted effects). I’m worried that if the Pro’s don’t have the same max volume level, I’ll run into an issue. Also, being that the Pro’s utilize a BA vs DD and will likely have noticeably less bass, on the rare occasion I want to boost the bass, can a good EQ app boost the bass levels to sound close to that of the Standard? And one last question, (I apologize for all these!), regarding the tips, do you know which model of spinfit will fit the Mifo’s and if the buds will fit in the case with them on? And what are KZ tips? I’ve never heard of them...? Thanks so much in advance!

TFZ_X1_true_wireless_earbuds_inside.png

Basically what's been said:
- BA drivers typically don't need as much power to drive them, so you shouldn't have any issues with volume
- EQ likely won't help if you're looking for thumping base as the BA's just don't have the mass/inertia to provide that. They're are dedicated bass BA's, but you don't see that until you get into 2 or 3 BA IEMs. This is the reason you see so many hybrid IEMs - BA for the clear highs and mids and dynamic for the base.

Keep in mind that BA will still deliver what I would consider melodic base - piano/cello all sound fantastic. It's the impact that you won't get - so drums etc won't have the rumble/thump that you can feel.

Edit:
Oh and the mifo case is quite small, so if you want to use SpinFit you'll have to trim them down a lot for them to fit. Which defeats the purpose as they will again no longer sit very deep.

Someone on here cut their case to allow more space for the eartips. Could be something to consider.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #8,642 of 62,660
It's funny that you mention that, I've been playing around with different tips and different tracks. The stock tips make the T5's sound like utter garbage to me and the T5 kind of has a weird fit, but I did notice on certain tracks the sound stage is in fact very wide. I do also love how quickly the turn on. I've used these for at least 2-3 hours and i'm still at 75% battery. impressive. The Anbes don't fit well in my ears, I just haven't found the right tips i guess, but no matter what tips I use, the sound stage is really wide. Another thing i've been wondering is quality control. I mentioned to someone earlier that I have a black pair of QCY T1S or QS1's whatever the model is that comes with the larger battery case with the lid. and a pair of white QCY T1S' and they do sound different. it's not night and day, but the black ones which i have had longer, seem to sound better, the bass is more responsive etc. Any thoughts on that?
I'm using Accoustune aet07 medium sized tips on the T5. It brings clarity and a tighter faster bass to the sound.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #8,643 of 62,660
I had those. The sound was an acceptable, bass-forward signature. If I remember correctly, they may have had a slightly louder noise floor, but it's not noticeable when music is playing (unless you're listening to classical). I probably would have kept them for gym earbuds if they didn't have connections issues. One of the buds (can't remember which one) kept dropping connection. Hopefully, you won't have that issue. :)

Thanks for the heads up! Will keep and eye out ... errrr ear out for connection issues on these ... if bad, back to amazon they go.

STill on the fence with the Mpow ... found them now on amazon.de ... but they are in the 'pricier' region and the review a few pages back mentions 'disappointment' at least twice ... maybe IF they end up on deal of the day

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #8,644 of 62,660
Up up here we go: three new items (of which two generic popular ones) to test. :)

Just checked your review page again .. no written thoughts on the Havit i93 yet? I am still confused .. they are not bad .. and they were 'cheap-ish' ... but I am also not in love with them ...

That X8 ... seen that a-plenty on ebay ... but always feared they just HAVE to be bad ... looking fwd to what you say ... (Bonus question: the cheap ones I see on ebay seem to be BT4.2 ... what about the ones you got?)

Looks like we are fellow hoarders ... errr ... i mean 'collectors' :D

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #8,645 of 62,660
Up up here we go: three new items (of which two generic popular ones) to test. :)

This is pissing me off. Seems like sellers are not sending the Anbes 359 and are sending some unknown brands. I hope you don't judge these as a Anbes product. Hopefully you can get the real deal soon.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #8,646 of 62,660
I'm using Accoustune aet07 medium sized tips on the T5. It brings clarity and a tighter faster bass to the sound.
I'm using large tips from my Sabbat E12. The way in which they fit in the ear, tips make a huge difference with respect to the sound (direction/distance of the drivers, material).

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #8,647 of 62,660
Thanks for the heads up! Will keep and eye out ... errrr ear out for connection issues on these ... if bad, back to amazon they go.

STill on the fence with the Mpow ... found them now on amazon.de ... but they are in the 'pricier' region and the review a few pages back mentions 'disappointment' at least twice ... maybe IF they end up on deal of the day

I'm in the same boat... Checking deals page on the daily, looking forward to Monday....

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #8,649 of 62,660
I'm in the same boat... Checking deals page on the daily, looking forward to Monday....

Me too! Hoping the T5 is on sale during Prime Day. I'm very new to TWS, started with the SoundPeats TrueFree+ (QCY QS2) about a week ago, but am sending them back since I got the Tranya T3. Really happy with those, but the AptX in the MPOW T5 has me really curious. Plus I think they look nicer than the T3 and I hope they'll be a bit more comfortable. The T3 starts to hurt my ears after an hour or so.

To those who have both, if I'm happy with the sound of the Tranya T3, will I be disappointed with the MPOW T5? Or are they close enough to each other that it comes down to looks/ergonomics, features (AptX), or case design?

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #8,650 of 62,660
I'm using large tips from my Sabbat E12. The way in which they fit in the ear, tips make a huge difference with respect to the sound (direction/distance of the drivers, material).
Curious, which of the Sabbat stock tips (or other type tip) do you find fit best with the E12’s? I feel like none of the stock ones (tried them all multiple times) really fit that well.The narrower ones don’t create any seal and the widest (which fit the best of them) creates a vacuum/plunger feel which messes with the sound and I constantly have to tug on my ear to release the vacuum. Also, with the widest stock tips, although they create a seal, I don’t feel like they allow the earbuds do really fit snugly up against my ears like my Mifo 05’s. And although I’m not a big fan of foam tips, I did try some Comply’s on them but didn’t like them. Any suggestions, tips (no pun intended), etc on tips for them or how to get the best seal? What about Spinfits? Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #8,653 of 62,660
Anyone that has the Mifo 05 also have the 359's, T5's, T3's, T1C? how does the sound compare? and what makes the Mifo's worth $80-90?

Any Idea how they compare to the JVC Victor Spiral dots?
I have the o5 standard and t1c. I don't like the o5, they sound too muffled for my taste. T1c are still one of my favorites, if it had volume control and longer battery life, it would have been perfect.

I have the spiral dot tips. I can't get a good seal with them.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #8,654 of 62,660
I have the o5 standard and t1c. I don't like the o5, they sound too muffled for my taste. T1c are still one of my favorites, if it had volume control and longer battery life, it would have been perfect.

I have the spiral dot tips. I can't get a good seal with them.
I totally agree. I felt the Mifo O5 was too muffled (let's be nice and say "warm"). :p

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #8,655 of 62,660
Anyone that has the Mifo 05 also have the 359's, T5's, T3's, T1C? how does the sound compare? and what makes the Mifo's worth $80-90?

Any Idea how they compare to the JVC Victor Spiral dots?
I totally agree. I felt the Mifo O5 was too muffled (let's be nice and say "warm"). :p

I had the mifo O5 professional and found the sound very nice. In a certain way better than then 359, but the 359 obviously had more base. The O5 was much clearer and I liked the fit better for extended listening sessions. They generally looked much nicer, but that's personal.

I don't have the O5 anymore, but I'm very excited for the O4 coming soon.

I've got reviews of both in my signature.

Edit: I actually never understood why the mifo O5 didn't have more love on here, but I guess if the standards are a bit muffled then that makes sense. They probably designed them for balanced armature and threw in the dynamic option later. Because the professional version sounds great

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back