Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 9, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #8,416 of 62,483
What is it that blowing would do exactly? Just stretch the driver diaphragm?

And I only hear crinkle when adjusting the IEM. When I'm just listening it's a nice clear sound

not stretching, per se... just flexing it a bit and hopefully set the driver in a proper position. i had an iem once that crackles everytime i move it in my ears, and that sound and feeling is a bit disconcerting. i also had experienced an iem that even with that sucking and blowing still crackles to the point that i got rid of it. funny enough, the next owner didn't complain any crackles.

so that method may and may not work everytime

Jul 9, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #8,417 of 62,483
so i tested the Nillkin Go and the QCY T1C on my vacation, been using the Nillkin on subways and train, also general walking around the city, while using the QCY T1C when i went to the theme park and when watching Netflix. they both passed the "one day usage test" of using it from around 10 am, and ending it at around 11 pm without ever putting it in the case. i also tried the BT20 (and Kanas) combo, but the isolation is too good even when it's not playing music, that i had to remove it everytime i want to hear or talking to someone, so i only use it at the hotel, planes,and bullet trains.

the Nillkin is still my favorite TWS. i was set on shopping for the sony ex1000 and the ex800, but i honestly lost the urge after comparing it to the Nillkin. that was several hundred dollars saved, and my wife looked happy :dt880smile:

Jul 9, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #8,418 of 62,483
so i tested the Nillkin Go and the QCY T1C on my vacation, been using the Nillkin on subways and train, also general walking around the city, while using the QCY T1C when i went to the theme park and when watching Netflix. they both passed the "one day usage test" of using it from around 10 am, and ending it at around 11 pm without ever putting it in the case. i also tried the BT20 (and Kanas) combo, but the isolation is too good even when it's not playing music, that i had to remove it everytime i want to hear or talking to someone, so i only use it at the hotel, planes,and bullet trains.

the Nillkin is still my favorite TWS. i was set on shopping for the sony ex1000 and the ex800, but i honestly lost the urge after comparing it to the Nillkin. that was several hundred dollars saved, and my wife looked *happy :dt880smile:

*relieved

I still can't believe you that it sounds so good. I would try it myself but I just bought and am waiting for a smabat s-10 to pair with a BT20S :frowning2:
I love the X12 on everything but the SQ, so I am hoping to get a good sounding earbud. Sometimes IEMs give me pain from inserting too deep and pushing air through my ear (Nuarls...)

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #8,419 of 62,483
Uni true wireless earbuds. Aptx and 10hrs battery life. Play/pause, track skip/back, volume controls. Sounds pretty well balanced, leaning to bright.

33f5hfp.jpg

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #8,420 of 62,483
*relieved

I still can't believe you that it sounds so good. I would try it myself but I just bought and am waiting for a smabat s-10 to pair with a BT20S :frowning2:
I love the X12 on everything but the SQ, so I am hoping to get a good sounding earbud. Sometimes IEMs give me pain from inserting too deep and pushing air through my ear (Nuarls...)

i gave one of my X12 to my wife and almost never use the other one again ever since i have the Nillkin. i also have the ER4XR and DM6 (with the ES100) with me, but i don't feel the need to take them out because i feel it's a hassle, and since the Nillkin is good enough..

ooh, and it has a really shallow insertion type..hence the low isolation. i use the wide bore whirlwind tips on it

man, the earphone store in your country is to die for! :dt880smile: i ended up going to the Akihabara store. i hope they'll have one soon in store for testing so you could audition it

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #8,421 of 62,483
Uni true wireless earbuds. Aptx and 10hrs battery life. Play/pause, track skip/back, volume controls. Sounds pretty well balanced, leaning to bright.

33f5hfp.jpg
Is this a variation on the Havit I93?

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #8,422 of 62,483
Is this a variation on the Havit I93?
It seems like only the shell design is the same. The chips are different. The uni uses Qualcomm chip which supports aptx and has a much longer battery life of around 10 hours. The havit uses an Airoha chip which doesn't have aptx and battery life is only about 3.5 hours. Both lists the drivers as 6mm, the uni driver mentions it is graphene coated while the havit doesn't mention it, so the drivers may be differently tuned as well.

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #8,423 of 62,483
Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #8,424 of 62,483
uni specs sound great! but do they sound great? I have heard a lot of horror stories of these Indiegogo group buys, people losing money, not getting product by date promised, and not getting the product as described or working as described. I will pass I wont be be a beta tester...

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #8,425 of 62,483
Hmmm how much? Dynamic? Nevermind I remember liking these.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/uni-world-s-most-advanced-true-wireless-earbuds#/
Too bad you can't get the options of colors. When I choose a perk only the black ones are there. No option to choose. Darn says 12hrs. Of battery and Graphene drivers.

The comments on the sound being tinny and low volume is because they did not create a good seal. The tips that came with the earbuds are quite small and doesn't seal well. I used the tips which I use on my qcy t1c and the seal is good.

As for the touch, there is a slight learning curve. Single touch is pretty straight forward. For double taps, the first tap is sort of tap and hold it there for fractionally longer followed by the second tap.

For the left earbud touch not working issue, I do experience it when I turn on other bluetooth earbuds and the phone connects to the other set of earbuds. When I connect back to the Uni buds, the left bud touch function will not work. Leaving it to auto power off after 5 mins and tapping it on will make it work again.

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #8,426 of 62,483
uni specs sound great! but do they sound great? I have heard a lot of horror stories of these Indiegogo group buys, people losing money, not getting product by date promised, and not getting the product as described or working as described. I will pass I wont be be a beta tester...
They sound clear, definitely not muddy.

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #8,427 of 62,483

David, I had no problems with the Funcl W1 from Indiegogo. It was like a two months wait. Which is not long, but it seems like a lifetime especially since they were getting good reviews on youtube. I love mine, except for the No volume control. Bright but not harsh and great bass and not boomy. I might bite if Funcl comes out with a vol control. I don't like those stick ones that they made those have vol control. I like the smaller buds and they were only $25 shipped.
-
DigDub, so are you liking them? Did you just get them? If they are anything like the Hoopshop(Graphene) with a 12hr battery I'm sold except I want the dark blue ones. Looking forward to your review after you spent more time with them.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #8,428 of 62,483
Anybody know what Qualcom SOC supports separate left and right wireless connections? Sony XM3 got me interested in this, and a review states some phones do not support it.

Anybody tried any dual wireless connection TW? Was the reliability of connection better and was it stable in busy environments?

How was the latency?

I wonder if there was out of sync issue for those TW worked with only single connection with a Master. Left anf right having slight out of sync, being audibly noticible?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #8,429 of 62,483
Anybody know what Qualcom SOC supports separate left and right wireless connections? Sony XM3 got me interested in this, and a review states some phones do not support it.

Anybody tried any dual wireless connection TW? Was the reliability of connection better and was it stable in busy environments?

How was the latency?

I wonder if there was out of sync issue for those TW worked with only single connection with a Master. Left anf right having slight out of sync, being audibly noticible?

Qualcomm introduced the left/right split in Snapdragon 845, not sure about the lower end ones (believe only 800 series support it). And I think QCC3026 is supposed to support it but haven't seen reports to confirm that.

Keep in mind that Sony's chip is based on different tech, so it's not clear which chipsets will support that one (or at least I'm not aware).

As for latency between left and right for master/slave earbuds - they're perfectly synced together. Same goes for video/ audio for most Bluetooth 5.0 buds (maybe not perfectly, but close enough).

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #8,430 of 62,483
Anyone know where I can get a hold of a list of current earbuds using the newer qualcomm chipsets like these UNIs? I've looked at qualcomm's site and looked at the 5100 series, but I'm just looking to learn more about the chipsets and how they improve the quality of the product etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back