Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 8, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #8,341 of 62,435
PSA: The D015 TWS are utter TRASH :wink: (And Bartig had warned me, well, after I impulse ordered them)

So, they arrived today in a pretty beat up box, and gee, I ordered black and would you look at this:

D015trash.jpg

Besides that the ample LEDs make it look like a cheap disco / failed xmas ornament, one of those never turns off until apparently the battery dies. The few times I tried, they still will try to pair after I put them back in the box to charge...The manual says there is an on/off button, which I fail to find
It is kinda maddening that the technology is all there, they pair (eventually) on both ears, they play music, but overall a failed product ...

And the best (worst) for last: The sound is beyond bad!!! It's harsh, the embodiment of sibillance when it comes to highs ... overall ear torture!

Well, 10$ for learning curve .. and now I have a pair I can let people try to experience 'the difference'

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #8,342 of 62,435
Ok so I ordered the Momentum TWS @ 270$ Including shipping and taxes ( They were 25% off ) compared to Jabra 65t which I would have paid 240$ for.
But I am not much much worried from all the battery issues I see facing this TWS
Are these issues only related to momentums ?
Please geif advice

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #8,344 of 62,435
PSA: The D015 TWS are utter TRASH :wink: (And Bartig had warned me, well, after I impulse ordered them)

So, they arrived today in a pretty beat up box, and gee, I ordered black and would you look at this:

Besides that the ample LEDs make it look like a cheap disco / failed xmas ornament, one of those never turns off until apparently the battery dies. The few times I tried, they still will try to pair after I put them back in the box to charge...The manual says there is an on/off button, which I fail to find
It is kinda maddening that the technology is all there, they pair (eventually) on both ears, they play music, but overall a failed product ...

And the best (worst) for last: The sound is beyond bad!!! It's harsh, the embodiment on sibillance when it comes to highs ... overall ear torture!

Well, 10$ for learning curve .. and now I have a pair I can let people try to experience 'the difference'

Oh wow those are awful!! Made my morning though!! LOL

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #8,345 of 62,435
I love the T5s. The only drawback is no volume control, but I’ve always thought they sounded terrific. I use spinfit tips and they’re so comfortable I can forget I’m wearing them.

Do they fit in the case with the SpinFit eartips?

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #8,346 of 62,435
I love the T5s. The only drawback is no volume control, but I’ve always thought they sounded terrific. I use spinfit tips and they’re so comfortable I can forget I’m wearing them.
Ah that's why I passed on them. NO DAMN DANGIT Vol Control and probably 3.5 hr battery. Errrrrr.

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #8,347 of 62,435
Jul 8, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #8,348 of 62,435
Ah that's why I passed on them. NO DAMN DANGIT Vol Control and probably 3.5 hr battery. Errrrrr.

The missing volume control is unfortunate — but the battery seems to last quite a while. (7hrs. perhaps?)

Edit: I see the Amazon listing claims 5 hrs. battery life — I feel like I’ve been getting more, but I haven’t done any rigorous tests.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #8,349 of 62,435
Loving the Creative Outlier Air, it can't go wrong.

Great features, sound, no fatigue, fit, confort, batery.

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #8,352 of 62,435
Anybody =(
I've never tried the Momentum TWS and don't think anybody in this thread has posted thoughts on them here. I actually don't pay attention to anything over $80. My rec would be the Anbes 359. You can see my overview in my sig. Charging more than $80 is a sin when there are other Chi-Fi just as good and maybe even better for 30-80 bucks. I also don't understand why people want an app to EQ when you can get a great cheap player like Poweramp with great EQ options for android/IOS(I Think). Just my Humble Opinion.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #8,353 of 62,435
Ok so I ordered the Momentum TWS @ 270$ Including shipping and taxes ( They were 25% off ) compared to Jabra 65t which I would have paid 240$ for.
But I am not much much worried from all the battery issues I see facing this TWS
Are these issues only related to momentums ?
Please geif advice
You made the right decision. Far superior sq. The trick with mtw is to keep the case charged at all times. If you let the case die, the battery issues will follow.

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #8,354 of 62,435
You made the right decision. Far superior sq. The trick with mtw is to keep the case charged at all times. If you let the case die, the battery issues will follow.
I honestly dont mind to keep them plugged in most of the day anyways
Like I have a USB-C charger in car and at work and at home
so I can just plug them in every time I finish my gym workout and on the way to gym as well as at work

My question tho is it okay to charge them daily or does that reduce battery life
How much degradation should one expect if I would to charge it every day ?

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #8,355 of 62,435
I honestly dont mind to keep them plugged in most of the day anyways
Like I have a USB-C charger in car and at work and at home
so I can just plug them in every time I finish my gym workout and on the way to gym as well as at work

My question tho is it okay to charge them daily or does that reduce battery life
How much degradation should one expect if I would to charge it every day ?

I'm no expert but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some people keep their phones on chargers 24/7. By the time the battery has crapped out, the tech will have advanced far enough that you'll be ready for something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back