Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 8, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #8,371 of 62,485
Also trying out Galaxy Buds. They sound very nice too. I like the form factor and the case is one of the best.

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #8,372 of 62,485
Still waiting on my MPOW T5, but in the meantime, I picked up the Cowin KY02 and the TOP BS02. Both were disappointing, but for different reasons.

Cowin KY02

PROS:
- Sound is good, actually, really good.
- AAC Codec.
- USB-C.
- Clam shell case that covers the charging case.
- Responsive touch controls.

CONS:
- Sometimes the buds don't pair with one another out of the case, so you have to put back in, then take back out.
- Despite the promo hype, call quality is quite poor and totally unusable for any business purpose. Everyone had the same remark: echos, sounds like I was in a tunnel.
- Left bud was a little louder than the right.

TOP BS02

PROS:
- TOP notch case (pun intended). Metal, feels substantial.
- USB-C
- AAC Codec.

CONS:
- Sound on the thin side. Not tinny, but not rich. Kinda like 5' 5" and skinny. Captain America before he was Captain America.
- Touch controls on right earbud completely non-functional. Left side was fine.
- Poor fit. None of the ear tips fit. If you have small ear canals, probably OK. Can't use many third party ear tips, as the case does not accommodate.
- Didn't even make it to testing a phone call. It's a con because I can't even get to the point where I want to make a call.

IMG_2240.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #8,373 of 62,485
I find foam tips uncomfortable. Try Spinfits.

I've got a pair of those, but the tips that came with the mifo O5 work better on conjunction with the Anbes 359.

Yeah, the hybrid tips isolate more for me. But it could be different for some people.

I'll have to try them out. Any specific brand you're using?

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #8,374 of 62,485
CONS:
- Sound on the thin side. Not tinny, but not rich. Kinda like 5' 5" and skinny. Captain America before he was Captain America.

That's an amazing reference!! LOL

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #8,375 of 62,485
Can anyone recommend the wireless earbud with the longest run time?

Mifo O5 are advertised as 7 but if you get the balanced armature model and listen at less than full volume you can probably get away with more than that. Plus amazing sound quality

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #8,376 of 62,485
I got the Anbes 359 today but the version I got was rebranded as Coolhere UFO.

Let us know what you think! Fair warning: if you don't like them - it's because the manufacturer tweaked something :wink:

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #8,377 of 62,485
Still waiting on my MPOW T5, but in the meantime, I picked up the Cowin KY02 and the TOP BS02. Both were disappointing, but for different reasons.

Cowin KY02

PROS:
- Sound is good, actually, really good.
- AAC Codec.
- USB-C.
- Clam shell case that covers the charging case.
- Responsive touch controls.

CONS:
- Sometimes the buds don't pair with one another out of the case, so you have to put back in, then take back out.
- Despite the promo hype, call quality is quite poor and totally unusable for any business purpose. Everyone had the same remark: echos, sounds like I was in a tunnel.
- Left bud was a little louder than the right.

TOP BS02

PROS:
- TOP notch case (pun intended). Metal, feels substantial.
- USB-C
- AAC Codec.

CONS:
- Touch controls on right earbud completely non-functional. Left side was fine.
- Poor fit. None of the ear tips fit. If you have small ear canals, probably OK. Can't use many third party ear tips, as the case does not accommodate.
- Didn't even make it to testing a phone call. It's a con because I can't even get to the point where I want to make a call.

Thanks for the "Do not buy" list :)

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #8,379 of 62,485
Thanks for your input. I checked on Amazon and there are two different version IPX7 and IP67. Are you referring to IPX7?

There's no difference like that as far as I'm aware. The only difference is between standard and professional versions. Standard is dynamic driver and professional is balanced armature.
TFZ rebranded theses too: X1 (mifo O5 professional - balanced armature) and X1E (mifo O5 Standard - dynamic). I'm not aware of any audio tuning differences between mifo and TFZ but I haven't tested personally either

Jul 8, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #8,381 of 62,485
Would this be the choice for sub $50?

It's either that or the Tranya T3. Those get a lot of praise on here too. Haven't reviewed them personally, but they're on the way for me

Jul 8, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #8,383 of 62,485
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #8,385 of 62,485
Instructions in Chinese, no
Let us know what you think! Fair warning: if you don't like them - it's because the manufacturer tweaked something :wink:
These came from "Anbes Audiocart" rather than "Anbes Official" but otherwise seem to be legit.
20190708_161837.jpg.

Instruction manual was in Chinese, not much in the case.

Out of the box I'm noticing the left bud has considerably more bass =/. Part of it could just be my hearing or the seal though and it seems to have evened out a bit after charging them and more prolonged use. Love the fact these fit "standard" IEM eartips (such as those from Audio-Technica) instead of short-nozzle ones. Fiddling with the seal is dodgy as it causes the sound to cut off, suggests the drivers are sensitive to pressure although they don't crinkle or flex much . On both buds there is some "fuzz" with pianos, which I previously noticed on the Jabra 65t and Astrotec S60's left buds (on S60 it's only really noticeable with SBC).

Latency seems a tad behind the Jabra 65t but not as bad as Astrotec S60

Comfort: Astrotec S60 > UFO > Jabra 65t. Jabra and comfort shouldn't be in one sentence.

Otherwise, it is a bright + funsound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back