Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 11, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #6,811 of 62,746
Can’t counterfeit h1 chip to my knowledge.

Well, a lot of non/technical people wouldn’t know an H1 chip if it fell onto their head. In their mind, if their phone pairs with Bluetooth and it plays music, it’s A-OK. There’ve been counterfeit Beats Solo 2 and 3 wireless headphones for a while now. Most people don’t even know.

Pretty scary.

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #6,812 of 62,746
Can’t counterfeit h1 chip to my knowledge.

The W1 chip did not protect us from the avalanche of airpods clones. Lots of people want to get a counterfeit to look 'as cool' and they don't care about the technology ...

I never liked the form factor of the airpods, but those powerbeats ... i might at least test them out. If only the case wasn;t that huuuge

May 11, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #6,813 of 62,746
Sigh, I’m sure the counterfeits are already being planned. They counterfeit everything else Beats.

They have been planned the moment the first rumors were circling ... the first molds have been carved when the first pictures emerged ... they are lightning fast :D (see how quickly new iphone cases are being designed based on rumors alone, it's a race)

May 11, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #6,814 of 62,746
The W1 chip did not protect us from the avalanche of airpods clones. Lots of people want to get a counterfeit to look 'as cool' and they don't care about the technology ...

I never liked the form factor of the airpods, but those powerbeats ... i might at least test them out. If only the case wasn;t that huuuge
The case sucks. Not gonna lie. It’s big and doesn’t even feel that nice. Not sure what Apple was thinking on that one. Not a deal breaker for me but for a company that focuses on design, someone was asleep in the boardroom.

May 12, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #6,819 of 62,746
Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #6,820 of 62,746
Yeah, in the long run I'm rather disappointed by the Jabras. I also don't know if the left bud hiss and clipping is happening on all devices or only some of them. Not sure about their warranty but it sounds like the imbalance is getting worse. I suspect the driver is "flexed" when it's in my ears and lacking in volume. If I try to push it into my ears more I can hear the volume cut back but then it gradually fades out again.

Fatal flaw though, earhooks.

May 13, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #6,821 of 62,746
The Anbes 359 arrived today. I'm actually very pleased with them as a whole, from the packaging to product QC and price point. The charging case and earpieces are actually smaller than I have imagined and the build quality (though made mostly of polished plastic) are great. There is also this satisfying click to the closing mechanism of the charging case. Not the most beautiful set, but i would say well implemented and most importantly, comfortable to use.

Sound wise they're more comparable to the Outlier Air, which are warmer than the NT01-AX but not as detailed. Somehow the vocals are clear though they are heavier with the bass. Connection wise via SBC is stronger than APTX (on my other TWS) to my laptop which is a plus. I'll have to use and burn them in longer to see if there are any more improvements or changes.

At about $30, they are an easy recommend as a first or spare pair of TWS.

EDIT: Nice to also note that they charge with USB-C instead of Micro. Also the stock large tips seem to work best for me now.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #6,822 of 62,746
finally tested the TRN BT20 in a phone call situation (i rarely call, mostly text messaging). i got to say I'm happy with the result. the person on the other end can hear me clearly, and i can talk without raising my voice

May 13, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #6,823 of 62,746
finally tested the TRN BT20 in a phone call situation (i rarely call, mostly text messaging). i got to say I'm happy with the result. the person on the other end can hear me clearly, and i can talk without raising my voice

I’ve made numerous calls with mine, and as you said I’ve had no complaints either. I do have to raise my voice sometimes, but it’s usually only because I’m driving and the environment is noisier.

May 13, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #6,824 of 62,746
I’ve made numerous calls with mine, and as you said I’ve had no complaints either. I do have to raise my voice sometimes, but it’s usually only because I’m driving and the environment is noisier.
Do they support aptX or AAC?

May 13, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #6,825 of 62,746
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back