Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 22, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #5,691 of 62,751
Pretty negative review of the Samsung Galaxy Buds from What Hifi here: https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-buds

To summarise the review with one quote: “The Galaxy Buds sound more or less equivalent to a pair of cheap in-ears - and not even a particularly good pair”.
Not too surprised. It's clear Samsung is targeting the "masses" and not someone looking at, say Sennheiser. Most people I've talked to that are not into audio, have no idea who Sennehiser, B&W, M&D are, but they all know Skullcandy, Beats, and those darn AirPods.

Mar 22, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #5,692 of 62,751
Thanks for the reply. Thats good to know! Would you use the MTW in the gym/running too? I can't really afford two separate sets so I need something that sounds good and I can use in the gym
I use them on the treadmill, yes. I use the large tips and they seal and fit nicely. Every ear is different, so it's hard to say how your fit will be, however, they have a good design and seem to be compatible with most people.

Mar 22, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #5,693 of 62,751
Not too surprised. It's clear Samsung is targeting the "masses" and not someone looking at, say Sennheiser. Most people I've talked to that are not into audio, have no idea who Sennehiser, B&W, M&D are, but they all know Skullcandy, Beats, and those darn AirPods.

Yes, the higher end brands you mention were always going to be in a different league, but the way I read the review, they position the Samsungs clearly below your second category as well.

Mar 22, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #5,694 of 62,751
I use them on the treadmill, yes. I use the large tips and they seal and fit nicely. Every ear is different, so it's hard to say how your fit will be, however, they have a good design and seem to be compatible with most people.

i've ordered them! that 250 leaving my account hurts tho, ngl. I always look for value, especially when you come on here seeing people raving about chi-fi and what not but guess sometimes you gotta pay

Mar 22, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #5,695 of 62,751
Yes, the higher end brands you mention were always going to be in a different league, but the way I read the review, they position the Samsungs clearly below your second category as well.
OUCH! LOL! Sammy needs to step up their game. I'm sure they can simultaneously target both the consumer and "audiophile" markets for long-term accessory channel growth, brand loyalty, etc., however, they are clearly playing the short game shooting for quarterly numbers. Nothing is going to change until the typical consumer demands more.

Mar 22, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #5,696 of 62,751
i've ordered them! that 250 leaving my account hurts tho, ngl. I always look for value, especially when you come on here seeing people raving about chi-fi and what not but guess sometimes you gotta pay
Funny thing is, Audio is one of the few places where you're going to pay 10x more for diminishing returns. Does the HD 800 S ($1,500) really sound 5x+ better than the HD 600 ($300 or less)? What about the $55,000 Orpheus, which costs more than a Tesla Model 3? Does it really sound 183x+ better? Unless you're a dog, probably not.

Mar 22, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #5,697 of 62,751
For SQ, yes. I found the 65t bland and uninspiring. The MTW will give you that extra rep, bruh.

Agreed and when maxing out on bench, use MW07 for an extra 5 pounds.

384B0508-341E-40D9-999A-2680C5FB2AD4.gif

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #5,698 of 62,751
Here are some new RTings TWE reviews :
BeoPlay E8 v2 : https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/b-o-play/beoplay-e8-2-0 - they did find differences with v1 !
RHA TrueConnect : https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/rha/trueconnect#comparison_2088
They were not terribly impressed by either device...

You can vote for the next devices to be tested here https://www.rtings.com/headphones/suggestions - including the MW07

This is weird, I’ve tested the rha and the Jabra in store and found that the latency of the Jabra was much worse than the rha. If not for the better latency of the rha, I would have gotten the Jabra as it was much cheaper.

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #5,699 of 62,751
Cool LajostheHun I hope you like them. Call quality surprised me. Hope you do mini review when you get them.
yes will do.
it was supposed to get here today but some reason it was delayed...:triportsad:

Mar 23, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #5,700 of 62,751
This is weird, I’ve tested the rha and the Jabra in store and found that the latency of the Jabra was much worse than the rha. If not for the better latency of the rha, I would have gotten the Jabra as it was much cheaper.
There must have been something wrong with the setup or the 65Ts because mine have very little latency and I don't remember people complaining about it here, like say for the WF1000x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back