Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 14, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #5,521 of 62,152
Have you tried turn the transparent hearing on with the app?
I have and I think it’s working but doesn’t seem very good. I wish when I take out the buds and put them back in, the app or the buds remembered that I had the transparency mode on instead of automatically turning it off. Overal, I really like the product. No connectivity issues so far.

Mar 14, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #5,524 of 62,152
No reason to buy them over cheaper alternatives IMO, apart from that RHA gives very good warranty service in my experience. Their performance doesn't justify their price.

Really? Did you test them?
Reviews I’ve read seem to be mentioning pretty decent audio quality (better that the Jabra which are not much cheaper), and also above average battery life and Bluetooth connectivity. Weak points I’ve seen mentioned are poor mic, lack of Aptx support, lack of transparent hearing mode, lack of app for advanced settings, and slightly fiddly controls. So I was thinking they might be a good option for iOS users who are mostly after solid connection and good audio and don’t care about other features.

What better performer would you recommend at the same price point?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #5,525 of 62,152
Anyone with the QCY T1C with some comments on mic quality? just the mic quality holding me back from pulling the trigger on one of these

Mar 14, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #5,526 of 62,152
Mar 14, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #5,527 of 62,152
I'll update the post in my link soon by the way, since I've tested and compared this set of TWE's extensively. :)

01CBC2D2-080D-48F0-A7CC-BF30F1936E6D.jpeg

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #5,528 of 62,152
I see alot of new affordable chinese/Amazon truewireless buds. I have brought some in the past, and never really liked any of them. Maybe things have gotten better? Any out there that have incredible sound and battery life that are sleeper hits? All I want is better sound than the current sony, jabra, or samsung buds but I dont want to pay master&dynamic or sienhiesr prices, too much for my blood.

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #5,529 of 62,152
I see alot of new affordable chinese/Amazon truewireless buds. I have brought some in the past, and never really liked any of them. Maybe things have gotten better? Any out there that have incredible sound and battery life that are sleeper hits? All I want is better sound than the current sony, jabra, or samsung buds but I dont want to pay master&dynamic or sienhiesr prices, too much for my blood.

some i tried personally that folks here have tried and favorable are the QCY T1C, Mifo o5 standard, and the Sabbat X12. the Anbes 359 (the UFO) also has good review, but needs more people trying it to confirm

Mar 14, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #5,530 of 62,152
I'll update the post in my link soon by the way, since I've tested and compared this set of TWE's extensively. :)

Damn you have eight now. I thought I had alot. Looking forward to the reviews.

Mar 15, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #5,531 of 62,152
Really? How you tested them?
Reviews I’ve read seem to be mentioning pretty decent audio quality (better that the Jabra which are not much cheaper), and also above average battery life and Bluetooth connectivity. Weak points I’ve seen mentioned are poor mic, lack of Aptx support, lack of transparent hearing mode, lack of app for advanced settings, and slightly Feedly controls. So I was thinking they might be a good option for iOS users who are mostly after solid connection and good audio and don’t care about other features.

What better performer would you recommend at the same price point?

I had the TrueConnect and liked them. No connectivity problems, and I liked the sound quality better than the Jabra as I found them better balanced (more bass and smoother in the highs).

Ultimately I found them a little uninvolving vs. the Sennheiser (which, obviously, is a substantial step up in price)—mostly a question of clarity, though I liked the tuning of the RHA a bit better. I also have AirPods and so my priority in a second set was sound quality rather than general utility/convenience.

So I returned the RHA and Jabra and kept the Senns. I could definitely see a scenario where I kept the RHA, though.

Mar 15, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #5,532 of 62,152
Hello,

After having bought and sold the Senns (x2), the E8, the MW07, Earin m2, I came back to my first TW, the Jabra 65t that despite the quality of sound that is a step behind those, AT LEAST, the Jabra WORKS perfectly, they FIT and isolate well...wich is crucial for me... sorry but it's not really the case for any of the others, almost for me.. bugs (Senn, B&O), bad fit (MW07), bad isolation (MW07), mediocre functionnality and so on...

Despite that I purchased the Sabbat E12 just for curiosity... they are nice but are a step behind the jabra in almost every way... sound is a little bit muddier and bass is way to present and a little bit boomy in comparison with the Jabra. High medium and treble are a little bit harsch... lack of details, separations and so on... but ok, it's a 70 dollars TW...

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #5,533 of 62,152
I had the TrueConnect and liked them. No connectivity problems, and I liked the sound quality better than the Jabra as I found them better balanced (more bass and smoother in the highs).

Ultimately I found them a little uninvolving vs. the Sennheiser (which, obviously, is a substantial step up in price)—mostly a question of clarity, though I liked the tuning of the RHA a bit better. I also have AirPods and so my priority in a second set was sound quality rather than general utility/convenience.

So I returned the RHA and Jabra and kept the Senns. I could definitely see a scenario where I kept the RHA, though.

Thanks, probably a stupid question but while the RHA are obviously not as good as the Sennheisers, am I right in assuming their sound quality is a significant step up compared to the AirPods?

I’m actually in a similar situation to yours. Have the AirPods which work very well be lack isolation and sound quality in many occasions. I used to have a pair of Bose QC30s for those situations, but they died on me after 2 years and now using the AirPods while deciding for a replacement (ideally true wireless). The RHAs and Sennheisers are pretty much my shortlist. The Sennheisers obviously look like a better product and technically I wouldn’t mind the price difference too much, but I’m just thinking that given how fast technology is changing in this space and how quickly batteries seem to age (at least for AirPods), it might be a good idea to go for a slightly cheaper option for now and upgrade in one or 2 years as even today’s high end products could look fairly dated fairly quickly.

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #5,534 of 62,152
Thanks, probably a stupid question but while the RHA are obviously not as good as the Sennheisers, am I right in assuming their sound quality is a significant step up compared to the AirPods?

I’m actually in a similar situation to yours. Have the AirPods which work very well be lack isolation and sound quality in many occasions. I used to have a pair of Bose QC30s for those situations, but they died on me after 2 years and now using the AirPods while deciding for a replacement (ideally true wireless). The RHAs and Sennheisers are pretty much my shortlist. The Sennheisers obviously look like a better product and technically I wouldn’t mind the price difference too much, but I’m just thinking that given how fast technology is changing in this space and how quickly batteries seem to age (at least for AirPods), it might be a good idea to go for a slightly cheaper option for now and upgrade in one or 2 years as even today’s high end products could look fairly dated fairly quickly.

Yeah, I think they're a substantial step up in sound from the AirPods. Lots more detail/clarity. I like the balance/tuning of the RHA more too—for me (people's impressions of the AirPods seem to differ a good bit depending on fit), the AirPods are bloated in the mid/high bass, and lack some high frequency response, in particularly the sparkly/airy bits. The RHA is much better in those areas.

The AirPods of course have an edge in usability and convenience, but you probably knew that.

It does sound like we were making a similar decision. I don't spend nearly as much as I used to on headphones, so I'll be perfectly happy if something comes along and makes me want to upgrade from the Sennheisers in a year or two. But I I could have easily gone the other way and spent less. For me, my listening time is limited enough that I wanted something above a certain quality threshold to make the most of it, which is a bar the Sennheisers reach. But if I was less lazy about using wired headphones (something I blame on the AirPods), I might have kept the RHA instead. I actually felt bad sending them back, given so many people had trouble getting a set without dropout issues.

(As others suggested you might want to look at the various Chinese options for better values, that's a lot to sort through and I can certainly see going for a better-known brand.)

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #5,535 of 62,152
I get that most of you are buying wireless earphones more expensive than the QCY QS1/ T1C. To each his own of course, but I would suggest to just go out and spend that 20 dollar on the QCY first.

The soundstage isn't the biggest, but they sound really balanced and clear, with a good amount of detail and treble and a supportive bass that doesn't overpower any other frequencies.

I think the sound is better than many of the 60+ affordable Chinese wired earphones I own.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back