Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 12, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #5,492 of 62,435

I posted a review earlier. I love the Galaxy Buds. I was pleasantly surprised by the sq they are comparable to my Mavin Air-x. They blow the Jabra's out of the water. They also have several eq settings as well as a customizable eq. Also they have an adjustable ambient mode which is good as well. I don't use them for calls but I did use them once for a call and had no issues or complaints from the other person. The fit is comfortable but.. I don't think they would stay in during a run. They work when I'm on the stairmaster and stationary bike though.

SQ = Galaxy Buds>Jabra 65t
Fit = Galaxy Buds>Jabra 65t (the main reason I returned them)
Ambient Mode = Close but because of the adjustability Galaxy Buds>Jabra 65t
Calls = Don't really no but would assume the Jabra
Connection = I don't remember it's been awhile but I would say = or maybe a slight advantage to Jabra. Not a deal breaker especially to try the Galaxy though.

I also have attached a photo of the Galaxy Buds app.

Thanks!

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #5,493 of 62,435
Mar 12, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #5,494 of 62,435
These are supposed to have great call quality and are 15% off about $31 shipped. Confirmed with volume control. Hmmm since the X12 may soon be in the garbage + I like spaceships. :p
Wireless Earbuds, Anbes 359 Bluetooth 5.0 True Wireless Earbuds 24H Playtime 3D Stereo Sound Bluetooth Headphones Noise Cancelling, in-Ear Headset with Built-in Mic Hands-Free Calls https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8LWN2G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_VWhGCbT4ZNFVE
The spaceship has arrived and looks cooler in person. :ksc75smile:Charging right now. Will update on sound and call quality later. Hooray. :beerchug:

Mar 12, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #5,495 of 62,435
Has anyone ordered the Tiso i4 ? There are some positive comments on AE https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tis...design-built-in-dual-mic-and/32980442718.html but not very detailed :wink: They really seem tiny (Earin M2 like) but I can't find any info on built-in features or even how the buttons operate.

the buds size are similar, though the driver and codec support (and other tech) are definitely different. still curious how it would perform though. although after this T1C I'm really satisfied. would make a small review soon

Mar 13, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #5,496 of 62,435
I updated it a couple of days ago. I only listen on android (app still not updated on android), so I decided to pair with my ipad to update.

Updated the ios app, paired it with senns. App showed only one battery reading, so I clicked on firmware, it says "up to date". 1.23. Tried tapping firmware a few times, gave up, left it alone for a bit. A few minutes later, up pops a screen, firmware available. Maybe it takes a bit of time to "read". YMMV.

Thank you! This worked for me too. Will see if it fixes the drain issue in the charger.

On that note I have determined the MTW appear to only turn off when being charged. So if the charger runs out of juice they turn on. I found this out because they started pairing while in the charger when I was driving or walking around. If so hopefully the firmware update can change this behavior. If not Sennheiser should know better. They could have simply had the sensor detect the magnets in the case and turn off by that instead, no fuss no muss.

Anyway will see how they work now that I am running 1.25.

Mar 13, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #5,497 of 62,435
the buds size are similar, though the driver and codec support (and other tech) are definitely different. still curious how it would perform though. although after this T1C I'm really satisfied. would make a small review soon
Looking forward to your review and opinion versus the X12 and others.
My first TWS were QCYs and they were terrible, didn't stay in my ear and SQ was poor, that was two years ago though !

Mar 13, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #5,498 of 62,435
It looks like a legit QCY product, but QCY isn't selling it itself for now. I asked one of the sellers if there is any sound difference with the T1c.

That's not too high, but I think I know why: the volume doesn't go really high on Android. It's the only truly wireless that has this problem for me. So you have this strange case that it's meh on Android, but exceptional for the money on iPhone.
wow! these don't sound b ad at all. i would say they don't sound 10 times worse than the mtw's despite being at least 10 times cheaper. and volume was not an issue for me at all, they go as loud as my psb tw1's, and slightly louder than the momentums.

Mar 13, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #5,499 of 62,435

Hows the call quality of the T1C? the mic quality good?

Using the TWS i10s currently and I can barely make any calls with those

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #5,500 of 62,435
The spaceship has arrived and looks cooler in person. :ksc75smile:Charging right now. Will update on sound and call quality later. Hooray. :beerchug:
OK I have to say out of all the wireless Earbuds this wins on a big soundstage and separation. The clarity on the treble is fantastic and bass is very good and not boomy. I'm impressed with these. Easily my favorite thus far. Pairs fast as ****. Call quality testing is next. Stay tuned.

Mar 13, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #5,501 of 62,435
For the life of me, I cannot get my Sabbat X12 Pros to play from both earbuds (I usually get the right to connect, but not the left. And a couple of times I've been able to get the left to work, but then the right didn't work), even though there does seem to be some synchronization/communication taking place between the two. I've tried to reset and reconnect several times, but no dice. Is this user error or did I get a dud?

Edit: Looks like I got it to work after a 100 tries. I paired the left one first, connected it before I removed the right bud. Once the left was connected, I pulled out the right one and they finally synced. Thought I'd put this up as troubleshooting advice rather than deleting or wiping out my original post.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #5,503 of 62,435
OK I have to say out of all the wireless Earbuds this wins on a big soundstage and separation. The clarity on the treble is fantastic and bass is very good and not boomy. I'm impressed with these. Easily my favorite thus far. Pairs fast as ****. Call quality testing is next. Stay tuned.

what other tws that you compare it to?

Mar 13, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #5,504 of 62,435
Hi Chin, Sabbat X12(not enough clarity imo + won't synch to the right side and I'm trying to get info for warranty replacement. Last place), Funcl W1 (Great EQ wish it had vol control. 2nd place), HonShoop W1(Great SQ with vol control a close tie except not as wide soundstage, but never the less a tie with the glorious spaceship) and QCY T1C(ordered these like 2 weeks ago should be here soon). These are also on the way for half price($13) on the bay and also have vol control: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PCQBQCL/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_TczICbRQWVFQE
Phew. I mostly use these for Music/Movies.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #5,505 of 62,435
Hi Chin, Sabbat X12(not enough clarity imo + won't synch to the right side and I'm trying to get info for warranty replacement. Last place), Funcl W1 (Great EQ wish it had vol control. 2nd place), HonShoop W1(Great SQ with vol control a close tie except not as wide soundstage, but never less a tie with spaceship) and QCY T1C(ordered these like 2 weeks ago should be here soon). These are also on the way for half price($13) on the bay: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PCQBQCL/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_TczICbRQWVFQE
Phew. I mostly use these for Music/Movies.

What is this spaceship I keep hearing about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back