Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 27, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #5,221 of 62,453
Guys, sorry for my laziness in not reading the 350 page thread, but could someone give me a short list of the best cableless Bluetooth IEMs in terms of sound quality? I know Sennheiser is one option, but are there any strong competitors or something even better?

Feb 27, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #5,222 of 62,453
Guys, sorry for my laziness in not reading the 350 page thread, but could someone give me a short list of the best cableless Bluetooth IEMs in terms of sound quality? I know Sennheiser is one option, but are there any strong competitors or something even better?
Pure sq, look at master and dynamic mw07, sennheiser MTW and b&o e8.

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #5,223 of 62,453
20190228_125534.jpg
20190228_125553.jpg
20190228_125626.jpg
Amazon.co.uk have listed 3 new colours for the MW07. Apologises if already posted.

White Marble
Pink Coral
Piano Black

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #5,224 of 62,453
Hi! May I ask for some suggestions?

I'm debating for a portable setup between TWE's and bluetooth wired. It's for use outside with varying weather for long periods of time, so SQ is currently not my priority, but definitely a plus

So far my focus is:
1. Battery
- I know only a few TWE's have battery life over 7 hours. But I can make do with MW07, MTW and more having quickcharge averaging an hour of playback for 15 min charging.
- Jaybird Tarah says 14 hours (thanks to the user who mentioned this a few pages back)
- shure Bt2, 10 hours, with decent SQ ( through e5000), has mention tens of pages back that there is sound cut off

2. Features
- TWE all the way for these, also really convenient

3. SQ
- decent sound will be fine, my listening set will be used elsewhere, but any sound better than mediocre would be lovely!

Currently leaning towards the shure bt2 for its battery life, and so i can put my e5000 to use. either that or i sell the e5000 and opt for a better solution.

Any help would be great thank you so much!

Feb 28, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #5,225 of 62,453

I'm debating for a portable setup between TWE's and bluetooth wired. It's for use outside with varying weather for long periods of time, so SQ is currently not my priority, but definitely a plus

So far my focus is:
1. Battery
- I know only a few TWE's have battery life over 7 hours. But I can make do with MW07, MTW and more having quickcharge averaging an hour of playback for 15 min charging.
- Jaybird Tarah says 14 hours (thanks to the user who mentioned this a few pages back)
- shure Bt2, 10 hours, with decent SQ ( through e5000), has mention tens of pages back that there is sound cut off

2. Features

3. SQ
- decent sound will be fine, my listening set will be used elsewhere, but any sound better than mediocre would be lovely!

Currently leaning towards the shure bt2 for its battery life, and so i can put my e5000 to use. either that or i sell the e5000 and opt for a better solution.

The RHA Trueconnect might be an interesting option for you. They're IPX5 rated and have 5 hours of battery life plus another 20 hours from the case. The case supports quick charge so it can charge the buds from empty to 50% in 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #5,226 of 62,453
The RHA Trueconnect might be an interesting option for you. They're IPX5 rated and have 5 hours of battery life plus another 20 hours from the case. The case supports quick charge so it can charge the buds from empty to 50% in 15 minutes.

that sounds awesome!

also, any recs on a small player? was thinking on getting the shanling m0 :)

thanks again!

Feb 28, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #5,227 of 62,453
that sounds awesome!

also, any recs on a small player? was thinking on getting the shanling m0 :)

thanks again!

The RHA seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Amazon dropped it. Website says "sold out due to demand". To me this is code for "we're fixing all the issues in our half baked product". I could be wrong but it's strange that they have been unavailable for so long. Must be changing the hardware to address all the complaints on dropouts etc. Maybe they will come back with an option to upgrade firmware remotely.

Feb 28, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #5,229 of 62,453
The RHA seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Amazon dropped it. Website says "sold out due to demand". To me this is code for "we're fixing all the issues in our half baked product". I could be wrong but it's strange that they have been unavailable for so long. Must be changing the hardware to address all the complaints on dropouts etc. Maybe they will come back with an option to upgrade firmware remotely.

good to know thanks!!

I'm thinking about getting the mavin air-x O.o

Feb 28, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #5,231 of 62,453
The galaxy buds will be interesting to try with the cp100. The gear icon x 2018 is really comfortable due to the rounded shape but sound-wise the highs were very harsh.

They're coming with my s10+ preorder, maybe they will be comparable to the RHA in terms of SQ. Early reviews say they do sound much better than the Jabra and have a neutral sound.

For $120 / £130 they seem like ridiculously good value for the mainstream user.

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #5,232 of 62,453

I had mine for 2 weeks. Only did it drop out once. Other than the fact that my case doesn’t charge with usb c to usb c cables and the Singapore distributor unwilling to change the case for me. Everything is fine for the price I paid.

Feb 28, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #5,234 of 62,453
I just got some TWE from Amazon called the FOCUSPOWER F16. The previous model(F10) had some decent reviews so I thought I'd give this a try. For starters, I promised myself I wouldn't get anything less than AptX, wouldn't get anything less that 6 hours of runtime(work related projects), and refused to deal with products with phony reviews. These checked those boxes so I thought I'd take the plunge, especially since it only costs rough $65.

Now, let's start with bass, since it takes center stage. It's full, prominent, and surprisingly well-controlled. It doesn't bleed into the mids at all. I'm very impressed so far and I think these will perform very well with movies.

The mids weren't as impressive. They're a bit more in the background, though that's not inherently bad as it comes down to preference. But, it sounds pretty well-represented despite it not being forward. My biggest grip is, it lacks air, so female vocals never feel fully open when they're hitting the high notes. There's a sense of compression. So, overall, I'd say it's decent in a vacuum. I just have to make it a point not to listen to these right after my 58x's.

As for the highs, I find them to be above average. There's enough to appreciate them when called upon, but it doesn't blow me away in any sense. The job just gets done.

Separation deserves a special nod as it keeps the overall sound from being too linear. The stage isn't too big, but at least I can distinguish the notes individually.

So far, the functionality been serviceable. The signal never drops, there's no weird anomalies such as uttering or stutters. Though, there are a few oddities I have to wrap my head around. Right now, my case says the battery is at 4/5 bars, yet the earphones announced low battery. They've been in the case for the whole day outside of the last hour and I made sure they're not connected when they're in the case. Another issue is, the paperwork stated that it's supposed to connect automatically after the first try once you remove them from the charging case, this didn't happen the last two times I took them out. Hopefully, it'll work itself out or maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not counting on it. Lastly, if I just take one out to use then later take the second out, my phone will see them as two different bluetooth devices. I have to turn them on and off to get them synchronized. I suspect that maybe this is something I'm doing wrong, so I won't hold that against them. All in all, I think that this a learning process for me and because of this, I will not fault these earphones for these slight issues yet, but I will let some slide since these are just $65. These aren't deal-breakers, so I'm convinced that these are well worth it and I look forward to familiarizing myself with them down the line.

On ear:

Side-profile:
So they DO support aptX? Someone answered on Amazon they support AAC, but It's likely they have no idea what they're talking about.

Feb 28, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #5,235 of 62,453

So far my focus is:
1. Battery

2. Features

3. SQ

The Mifo O5 meets all your criteria. The battery in the case I have not charged in a week and its still charging the buds. I use them about 2h daily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back