Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 26, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #4,591 of 62,402
I would exchange. I don’t think that’s the intended effect. The metal on my Tortoiseshell version is covered nicely by the acetate.

My turtoiseshell is completely covered as well. Seems smooth transitionaly around the edges.

I saw several reviews both ways. There’s a review from Digital Trends that is exactly like mine.

Same for engadget:
https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/13/master-and-dynamic-mw07-review-true-wireless-earbuds/#

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #4,592 of 62,402
Another question for the M2 users, do you experience drop outs at the gym, especially when a lot of people are there?
These seem like the best ones for the gym but hard to say. It's between the M2s, Bose soundsport and Jabra Elite Sport.

Use my M2 in a crowded gym and never had a dropout. Then again, other than obvious places (grocery store sliding doors come to mind) I don’t recall having dropouts with any of my TW.

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #4,594 of 62,402
Use my M2 in a crowded gym and never had a dropout. Then again, other than obvious places (grocery store sliding doors come to mind) I don’t recall having dropouts with any of my TW.
Thats awesome. Have you had these for awhile and if so what are some of your cons or nit pics if any. There are a lot of pros ive read.

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #4,595 of 62,402
Another question for the M2 users, do you experience drop outs at the gym, especially when a lot of people are there?
These seem like the best ones for the gym but hard to say. It's between the M2s, Bose soundsport and Jabra Elite Sport.

I haven't had any connection issues with the M2 at the gym. Have used them every day the past 3 weeks. Just make sure you insert them correctly and not facing inwards. Initially, I made that mistake a couple of times and the earbuds didn't pair.

Really don't have any negatives - be sure to get the spinfit cp100 as they really improve the soundstage, clarity, and tighten up the bass over the comply ones provided. The M2 are super sensitive to the type of earbuds you pair them with.

If you want longer than 3.5 hours battery then that could be negative, but they charge quickly. Updating the firmware takes a while - 30 minutes at times but this isn't something you'd have to do regularly.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #4,596 of 62,402
Thats awesome. Have you had these for awhile and if so what are some of your cons or nit pics if any. There are a lot of pros ive read.

About 2 weeks. The biggest two problems are (1) that sometimes they don’t pair with each other and I only get sound out of one ear. It’s weird - I can push the touch surface and switch back and forth, but have to put one back in the case for a second and then get it out again for both to play at the same time. This happens about 25% of the time and the fix has worked every time.

(2) is harder to explain. When they are in auto transparency mode, if I am listening to music and a call comes in or I switch to another app, sometimes the transparency kicks in and I hear the environmental noise with the call/app faintly in the background. Again, putting them back in the case fixes this, but I find this one more annoying.

Certainly not anything up to the level of problems I have with the MTW case, but they also don’t sound quite as good.

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #4,598 of 62,402
20190126_223816.jpg received_222102748745180.jpeg

so apparently the Mifo o5 standard and professional version has the same exact box description about the driver and no telling difference between the unit itself by looks, except for the green stickers saying which version it is...

it makes me wary if they are actually different or just the same product with different pricing?

the only way to be sure is having both units and compare them head to head..

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #4,599 of 62,402
I haven't had any connection issues with the M2 at the gym. Have used them every day the past 3 weeks. Just make sure you insert them correctly and not facing inwards. Initially, I made that mistake a couple of times and the earbuds didn't pair.

Really don't have any negatives - be sure to get the spinfit cp100 as they really improve the soundstage, clarity, and tighten up the bass over the comply ones provided. The M2 are super sensitive to the type of earbuds you pair them with.

If you want longer than 3.5 hours battery then that could be negative, but they charge quickly. Updating the firmware takes a while - 30 minutes at times but this isn't something you'd have to do regularly.

yup, agreed. the M2 is really sensitive to tip selection. i settled with JVC spiral dots because it adds a bit more space, making the soundstage room-ier

About 2 weeks. The biggest two problems are (1) that sometimes they don’t pair with each other and I only get sound out of one ear. It’s weird - I can push the touch surface and switch back and forth, but have to put one back in the case for a second and then get it out again for both to play at the same time. This happens about 25% of the time and the fix has worked every time.

(2) is harder to explain. When they are in auto transparency mode, if I am listening to music and a call comes in or I switch to another app, sometimes the transparency kicks in and I hear the environmental noise with the call/app faintly in the background. Again, putting them back in the case fixes this, but I find this one more annoying.

Certainly not anything up to the level of problems I have with the MTW case, but they also don’t sound quite as good.

the best way to pair the M2 is taking out one first, wait for a bit, then pull the second one out. sometimes when i pull both of them at once, both would be connected to the phone individually. it's easy to fix this, just disconnect one of them from the bluetooth menu, and it will automatically pair itself to each other

Jan 27, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #4,601 of 62,402

Don't go to the gym but have used them in crowded places and have not had a single drop out in 3 weeks. Only niggle is that the battery only last a little over 3 hours but in most cases that is enough. Using them with Spinfits and they are now my daily driver, don't use the E8 or G1 at all

Jan 27, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #4,602 of 62,402
Thanks for all the answers for the m2.

I do have one more question. Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, when pairing the M2, each pairs separately, meaning each one takes a separate Bluetooth signal from my phone? My phone is only able to do 2( one for my watch and 1 for something else) would it require both?

Jan 27, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #4,603 of 62,402
Thanks for all the answers for the m2.

I do have one more question. Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, when pairing the M2, each pairs separately, meaning each one takes a separate Bluetooth signal from my phone? My phone is only able to do 2( one for my watch and 1 for something else) would it require both?

The first bud out of the case pairs with the phone in mono mode. If you take the second bud out it pairs with the first (the first becomes master and the second slave) and the set is now paired to the phone as a stereo headset using just one connection. Either bud can be master or slave and if used as a stereo headset they swap role after about 1 1/2 hours to balance the battery consumption

Jan 27, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #4,604 of 62,402
I hope they will work it out to make the gap shorter when earbuds swapping roles. It's at least 10 sec before they start playing again.

I am using my m2 every day for about 6 months now and I don't have any major issues, except couple:
The one I mentioned above and another one is that the battery is not going to sleep and discharging without the case.
The only solution for this issue is to turn off the bluetooth connection, when the battery stops discharging.

Also, some folks are saying that the m2 sound is not as good as MTWs or MW07. In my opinion they sound just as good or even better. At least with my Iphone X.

Jan 27, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #4,605 of 62,402
So it seems the M2 do a great job in crowded places. My Jaybird Runs suck at the gym as they are constantly cutting out but they sound great for gym use. I'm really leaning yards towards the M2 as they check all boxes but connectivity is a huge concern for me at the gym. There is nothing worse than getting mentally into your workout and dealing with constant dropouts.
I'm alone to experience dropouts with M2, partly due to my phone (LG V30) which defaults AAC codec. The dropouts do not get worse in gym, though, and if I switch to AptX the dropouts are gone. If you have iPhone or Android phones with defaulted AptX, you're good to go. Another time I had dropouts in gym was a rookie mistake, as someone has mentioned I took both earbuds out at the same time, so that they fought each other as the master for quite a while with frequent dropouts from one side to other. Switching to AptX in my phone also disables the touch control, which does me a favor in gym that I don't have to worry about inadvertent touches when I wipe out the sweat. So the major downside is that AAC issue in my phone. I hope that they can solve it with future fw update, or maybe Android Pie can work it out. The other "downside" is that they can not de-throne MW07 in SQ, though my desire to get MW07 back is starting to fade. M2 are the best for on-the-go, while MW07 for serious listening which lose their edge to my wired setup costing more than their LV version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back