Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 26, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #4,576 of 62,111
Long time lurker. Got my MTWs a few weeks back, thinking of getting the CP100Zs. What’s your size in the normal stock tips?
Medium stock and medium SpinFits.

-Ed
Same. Could possibly use small on the left side but that’s consistent with stock and Spinfit (and the Trinity Kombi I found in a drawer).

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #4,577 of 62,111
MW07 - quite good but not multiples of $$$$ good (there I said it :D) - this is especially after testing a whole bunch of other other TWEs lately. Having a bit of problem with getting a good seal on left ear without a lot of fiddling but going to do some rolling later. Just one thing for owners, anyone have a case with sharp edges right at the front lift point on the lid? On mine, it's not fully deburred/sanded so feels like a jagged blade... :frowning2: Ironically, that precise spot is the only place where it's not fully sanded, the other edges around the lid and case are nice and smooth.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #4,578 of 62,111
MW07 - quite good but not multiples of $$$$ good (there I said it :D) - this is especially after testing a whole bunch of other other TWEs lately. Having a bit of problem with getting a good seal on left ear without a lot of fiddling but going to do some rolling later. Just one thing for owners, anyone have a case with sharp edges right at the front lift point on the lid? On mine, it's not fully deburred/sanded so feels like a jagged blade... :frowning2: Ironically, that precise spot is the only place where it's not fully sanded, the other edges around the lid and case are nice and smooth.
I didn’t notice it before, but yes, it’s not perfectly sanded at the front lip area. If you look at it in a well-lit environment, you can see where it’s not smooth.

As far as fit, they don’t seem to create a suction-like seal based on the way they’re angled. However, this creates less fatigue and is more comfortable to wear long-term.

I confirmed with the seller that the Mifo O5 re-brand I ordered is actually the BA version, so I guess it’s more accurately a re-brand of the Mifo O5 Pro. Going to fire those up later and see how they compare with the MW07.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MBFRPDM/

EDIT: Looks like the AliExpress listing shows it as a dynamic driver. Who effing knows at this point.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32950...Earbuds-Waterproof-IPX7-Stereo-HIFI-20M-range

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #4,579 of 62,111
I have issues getting a good seal on the right ear. I however do think they sound awesome but only when I get a good seal. I have some Symbio tips in route and I may try some Comply before returning if it comes to that which I hope not.

Jan 26, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #4,580 of 62,111
Exactly. That’s why many people here try to find out what chipset a particular TWE uses.

For example, from what I see, many upper-tier Chi-Fi units use the Realtek RT8763B in lieu of more costly Qualcomm chipsets. As you can see in the product description, it’s quite solid and a SoC solution.
Just about any SoC is going to be 'solid' by that definition, I do see for the Realtec integrated 5 band EQ?

think it is a non-sequitur to imply DAC or particular chip used is the major factor in SQ. In any playback system, the whole of the system determines SQ. 'more costly Qualcomm chipsets' to which I say, you are aware that the supposed qcc3026 in the $129 Mavin Air-X is an as Qualcomm puts it 'entry level' chipset, which costs exactly how much to buy? qcc5100 series is marketed by Qualcomm as their 'premium' SoC solution, with integrated hybrid ANC. One link showed iMore ENC earbuds which supposedly have the qcc5121 Soc, via indiego to ship June :frowning2:

Someone @Qualcomm needs to define/correct why they claim True Wireless Plus with the qcc3026, as their website charts show that chipset has mono audio playback support, so it would make more sense that the qcc 3024 & 3034(which is also listed as the only 30xx series to support aptxHD) as listed for stereo playback, would have this wireless plus enabled.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qcc3026 "
General Audio

Audio Technology: Qualcomm® Broadcast Audio technology, Qualcomm TrueWireless™ Stereo technology, Qualcomm TrueWireless™ Stereo Plus technology, Qualcomm® aptX™ audio technology, Qualcomm® cVc™ audio technology

Qualcomm® aptX™ playback support: aptX Classic

Audio Playback Support: Mono playback

Qualcomm® cVc™ audio technology: Up to 2-mic HS cVc

"

Given Apple's iPhone typically is est to cost ~$300 for Apple to produce, what would an SoC cost as far as low-volume earbuds, let us say a manufacturer just wants to buy 500+? For the premium market qcc5121...would $6 surprise? So how does price factor in SQ on these, given Qualcomm states for the qcc5100 series a 'high-quality DAC' ...hope that isn't the same 'solid' as the cheap wired Chi-Fi for $<50 that state "studio quality" < which means pretty much nothing. They all have a DAC, but what are the parameters that would define a quality/audiophile's dream DAC...same specs as a Mojo Cord?

no stock available, from a listing likely almost 9+mo old, so have to expect price is likely lower once production ramps up, though since the qcc5100 was announced earlier 2018, with expected ship date spring/summer 2018...well : https://www.arrow.com/en/products/qcc-5121-0-81wlnsp-sr-00-0/qualcomm

All qcc5100 implementations support True Wireless Plus, it's Qualcomm's premium audio Soc, this is what most here on HF are waiting/wanting. @$6/ea for qcc5121, I dont' think the audio Soc is going to have a major cost factor in high-end/expensive TWE or less expensive 'Chi-Fi', unless you define Chi-Fi as alwasy <$100.

Jan 26, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #4,581 of 62,111
C9824916-69B6-4808-BDD2-10B590EDB68B.jpeg
Just one thing for owners, anyone have a case with sharp edges right at the front lift point on the lid? On mine, it's not fully deburred/sanded so feels like a jagged blade... :frowning2: Ironically, that precise spot is the only place where it's not fully sanded, the other edges around the lid and case are nice and smooth.

I didn’t notice it before, but yes, it’s not perfectly sanded at the front lip area. If you look at it in a well-lit environment, you can see where it’s not smooth.

I don’t see that but this is odd. On the straight side of the terrazo part I can see the edge of the metal piece rhat the acetate was molded over very clearly. Like the acetate didn’t completely cover it. It’s uniform so I guess it’s on purpose, but the black ones I am borrowing (for the case) don’t have that and the press release pics don’t either. See the pic. Anybody with the non-black have this same thing?

As far as fit, they don’t seem to create a suction-like seal based on the way they’re angled. However, this creates less fatigue and is more comfortable to wear long-term.

100% agree. I recalled that they were comfortable last time and they are. You can almost forget they’re on. They don’t really seal at all and it’s less noticeable and less fatiguing.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #4,582 of 62,111
I would exchange. I don’t think that’s the intended effect. The metal on my Tortoiseshell version is covered nicely by the acetate.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #4,584 of 62,111
Just about any SoC is going to be 'solid' by that definition, I do see for the Realtec integrated 5 band EQ?

think it is a non-sequitur to imply DAC or particular chip used is the major factor in SQ. In any playback system, the whole of the system determines SQ. 'more costly Qualcomm chipsets' to which I say, you are aware that the supposed qcc3026 in the $129 Mavin Air-X is an as Qualcomm puts it 'entry level' chipset, which costs exactly how much to buy? qcc5100 series is marketed by Qualcomm as their 'premium' SoC solution, with integrated hybrid ANC. One link showed iMore ENC earbuds which supposedly have the qcc5121 Soc, via indiego to ship June :frowning2:

Someone @Qualcomm needs to define/correct why they claim True Wireless Plus with the qcc3026, as their website charts show that chipset has mono audio playback support, so it would make more sense that the qcc 3024 & 3034(which is also listed as the only 30xx series to support aptxHD) as listed for stereo playback, would have this wireless plus enabled.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qcc3026 "
General Audio

Audio Technology: Qualcomm® Broadcast Audio technology, Qualcomm TrueWireless™ Stereo technology, Qualcomm TrueWireless™ Stereo Plus technology, Qualcomm® aptX™ audio technology, Qualcomm® cVc™ audio technology

Qualcomm® aptX™ playback support: aptX Classic

Audio Playback Support: Mono playback

Qualcomm® cVc™ audio technology: Up to 2-mic HS cVc

"

Given Apple's iPhone typically is est to cost ~$300 for Apple to produce, what would an SoC cost as far as low-volume earbuds, let us say a manufacturer just wants to buy 500+? For the premium market qcc5121...would $6 surprise? So how does price factor in SQ on these, given Qualcomm states for the qcc5100 series a 'high-quality DAC' ...hope that isn't the same 'solid' as the cheap wired Chi-Fi for $<50 that state "studio quality" < which means pretty much nothing. They all have a DAC, but what are the parameters that would define a quality/audiophile's dream DAC...same specs as a Mojo Cord?

no stock available, from a listing likely almost 9+mo old, so have to expect price is likely lower once production ramps up, though since the qcc5100 was announced earlier 2018, with expected ship date spring/summer 2018...well : https://www.arrow.com/en/products/qcc-5121-0-81wlnsp-sr-00-0/qualcomm

All qcc5100 implementations support True Wireless Plus, it's Qualcomm's premium audio Soc, this is what most here on HF are waiting/wanting. @$6/ea for qcc5121, I dont' think the audio Soc is going to have a major cost factor in high-end/expensive TWE or less expensive 'Chi-Fi', unless you define Chi-Fi as alwasy <$100.

3026 support tws +, but no phones support it. It needs a qualcomm patch that they have not released to android.

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #4,585 of 62,111
Another question for the M2 users, do you experience drop outs at the gym, especially when a lot of people are there?
These seem like the best ones for the gym but hard to say. It's between the M2s, Bose soundsport and Jabra Elite Sport.

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #4,586 of 62,111
Another question for the M2 users, do you experience drop outs at the gym, especially when a lot of people are there?
These seem like the best ones for the gym but hard to say. It's between the M2s, Bose soundsport and Jabra Elite Sport.

haven't use the M2 in the gym, besides i workout in a local gym that never gets crowded. but i did test both the M2 and Jabra in the mall. the M2 has a more stable connection as i never had any dropouts in that scenario, while the Jabra 65t (which is no slouch in connection stability also) sometimes experienced crackling on the left side when passing certain places. size wise, the M2 is much more comfortable for walking and running, but the Jabra has a better water resistance. nowadays i go with the Mifo o5 for sports because the waterproofing

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #4,588 of 62,111
haven't use the M2 in the gym, besides i workout in a local gym that never gets crowded. but i did test both the M2 and Jabra in the mall. the M2 has a more stable connection as i never had any dropouts in that scenario, while the Jabra 65t (which is no slouch in connection stability also) sometimes experienced crackling on the left side when passing certain places. size wise, the M2 is much more comfortable for walking and running, but the Jabra has a better water resistance. nowadays i go with the Mifo o5 for sports because the waterproofing
So it seems the M2 do a great job in crowded places. My Jaybird Runs suck at the gym as they are constantly cutting out but they sound great for gym use. I'm really leaning yards towards the M2 as they check all boxes but connectivity is a huge concern for me at the gym. There is nothing worse than getting mentally into your workout and dealing with constant dropouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back