Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 27, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #4,606 of 62,025
Also, some folks are saying that the m2 sound is not as good as MTWs or MW07. In my opinion they sound just as good or even better. At least with my Iphone X.

I mean, you can’t go wrong with any of them. They’re all 3 significantly better than anything else I have tried, and they’re all bunched together really close. So it comes down to signature preferences, as well as the physical stuff like the issues with Senn’s case, the design etc.

When they’re back to $175 I would absolutely recommend them over the Senns and the M&D for most people. It’s nearly half price.

Jan 27, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #4,607 of 62,025
I mean, you can’t go wrong with any of them. They’re all 3 significantly better than anything else I have tried, and they’re all bunched together really close. So it comes down to signature preferences, as well as the physical stuff like the issues with Senn’s case, the design etc.

When they’re back to $175 I would absolutely recommend them over the Senns and the M&D for most people. It’s nearly half price.
Hopefully they go on sale soon as I would like to pick one up as soon as I sell my Jaybird Run and B&O E8.

Jan 27, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #4,608 of 62,025
Hopefully they go on sale soon as I would like to pick one up as soon as I sell my Jaybird Run and B&O E8.

I like the size and fit of the M2 better than the E8 and there are no drop outs on the M2 whereas the E8 has many. The E8 does have longer battery time. Sound wise it’s a toss up

Jan 27, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #4,609 of 62,025
OK...so...the Mifo O5 re-brand (Halfsun) was actually the dynamic driver version (as indicated on the box). Sad to say, but first impressions are not that good.

PROS
- Fit and seal are good.
- Case is metal and feels very high-end.
- Mids are fairly detailed.

CONS
- Overall sound is dark and treble response (air & sparkle) are non-existent.
- Bass is underwhelming with little texture.
- Button control scheme is absolutely horrible. Not only does it require you press it in a manner that jams them in more from an angle, but the buttons are located in odd spots, so you'll have to re-seat the earbud once you're done.
- Buttons themselves are mushy, except for one of them, so there's no tactile feedback on 3/4 buttons.

Overall, this is a pass for me. Sound is not impressive. The "Reserwa" TWE for $25 that I also ordered with the Mifo O5 sound better with a responsive touch control scheme. They also came in a metal case and the whole package feels very solid. Even though they're only SBC, it uses a 10mm graphene driver vs. the 6mm dynamic driver in the Mifo O5.

IMG_2073.jpg

Jan 27, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #4,610 of 62,025
OK...so...the Mifo O5 re-brand (Halfsun) was actually the dynamic driver version (as indicated on the box). Sad to say, but first impressions are not that good.

PROS
- Fit and seal are good.
- Case is metal and feels very high-end.
- Mids are fairly detailed.

CONS
- Overall sound is dark and treble response (air & sparkle) are non-existent.
- Bass is underwhelming with little texture.
- Button control scheme is absolutely horrible. Not only does it require you press it in a manner that jams them in more from an angle, but the buttons are located in odd spots, so you'll have to re-seat the earbud once you're done.
- Buttons themselves are mushy, except for one of them, so there's no tactile feedback on 3/4 buttons.

Overall, this is a pass for me. Sound is not impressive. The "Reserwa" TWE for $25 that I also ordered with the Mifo O5 sound better with a responsive touch control scheme. They also came in a metal case and the whole package feels very solid. Even though they're only SBC, it uses a 10mm graphene driver vs. the 6mm dynamic driver in the Mifo O5.

try giving the halfsun a couple of hours or days of playtime. whether you believe in burn in or not, but the first couple of days i use my mifo with the medium size eartips because it sounded too muddy in the bass and too dark in the treble. after a couple of days i noticed the sound is getting lighter and the bass lessened, so i tried the largest tips again (which is my usual fit). nowadays it still has a dark sound, but now it sounds "creamy" and not muddy, while the treble is warm and detailed.
i had an audio meeting with two of my friends a couple of days ago, and they both ordered the mifo after hearing my unit. one of them is ordering the Pro version instead, so i would be able to compare the standard to the pro soon.
one other thing is is that it is sensitive to how you fit it in the ears. i found that pushing it too deep kills the "air" . the best way for me to fit it is put it lightly and twist a little.

I'm also curious about the Reserwa TWS you bought. how's the battery life and control scheme on those? can it change next/previous tracks and volume too? can it be turn on and off from the earpiece only? how does it compare to your other TWS?

Jan 27, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #4,611 of 62,025
I'm also curious about the Reserwa TWS you bought. how's the battery life and control scheme on those? can it change next/previous tracks and volume too? can it be turn on and off from the earpiece only? how does it compare to your other TWS?
I haven't tested the battery out to the fullest, but they seem to be about what is advertised.

They are only SBC, but they sound pretty clean. Straight out of the box, they sound better, to me, than the Mifo O5. There is an emphasis on the bass to be sure, but it's not muddy and just sounds "good"; something the typical consumer off the street would be more than happy with. Noise floor isn't too bad either. They lack good transparency, but that's to be expected.

The control scheme is pretty good, even if it's a little sensitive. They have full controls, meaning track, volume, play/pause, siri, etc. They do not power on/off via earbuds themselves, rather, they do so when you take them out of the case and put them back in. For $25, these are a great deal.

Jan 28, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #4,613 of 62,025
Jan 28, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #4,615 of 62,025
Could anyone compare the MW07 with Jaybird X3? The X3 is my current "do stuff" earphone and I have been thinking of upgrading to true wireless.
But I can't justify the price increase to 3x if they don't sound better.

I do have the ES100 but thats more convenience at home rather than activities. (still has cables)

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #4,619 of 62,025
By 2019 I thought we would have started to see proper custom IEMs totally wireless. Bluetooth 5.0 is now sufficiently widespread to make them a valid proposition, I would think.

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #4,620 of 62,025
Could anyone compare the MW07 with Jaybird X3? The X3 is my current "do stuff" earphone and I have been thinking of upgrading to true wireless.

I do have the ES100 but thats more convenience at home rather than activities. (still has cables)

The MW07 blows the X3 out of the water in terms of pure sq. I’ve owned X3 and they sound decent to good. MW07 is in a different league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back