Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 19, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #4,366 of 62,437
In terms of connectivity and ease of use AirPods right now are the standard imo. They are nowhere near audiophile sound but they do certain things very well. Consistency is spectacular. Take out of case put in ear already connected. Both earbuds lose same amount of battery. Put back in case done. Recharge fully for 4 times. Consistent 5 hour battery.

I just returned my sennheiser mtw even though sound quality was best in true wireless. Why return? How about the unit losing charge while in case and case is fully charged. Huh? I left AirPods in case for over a week while testing mtw during gym sessions daily, and AirPods had the same battery level as left.

I've had no connectivity issues with the Earin M2, the battery life is close to 4 hours, the case holds 3 additional charges, charging the earbuds themselves is incredibly quick, and the earbuds can be used independently / auto switch "slave" buds to drain at a similar rate.

Defending airpods is worse than defending beats / skullcandy. Strong connectivity does not make up for crappy sounding earbuds.

With airpods you get that wonderful tampon look and the pleasure of joining the apple "cult" who think apple's products are superior because of their own flawed vision of image, completely disrupting their sense of quality + value.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #4,367 of 62,437
I've had no connectivity issues with the Earin M2, the battery life is close to 4 hours, the case holds 3 additional charges, charging the earbuds themselves is incredibly quick, and the earbuds can be used independently / auto switch "slave" buds to drain at a similar rate.

Defending airpods is worse than defending beats / skullcandy. Strong connectivity does not make up for crappy sounding earbuds.

With airpods you get that wonderful tampon look and the pleasure of joining the apple "cult" who think apple's products are superior because of their own flawed vision of image, completely disrupting their sense of quality + value.

Cult or not the sound of the iPhone X is much better compared to the Samsung S9 that a coworker has.
Some of their products are very good and most importantly for most people are super dependable.

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #4,368 of 62,437
In terms of connectivity and ease of use AirPods right now are the standard imo. They are nowhere near audiophile sound but they do certain things very well. Consistency is spectacular. Take out of case put in ear already connected. Both earbuds lose same amount of battery. Put back in case done. Recharge fully for 4 times. Consistent 5 hour battery.

I just returned my sennheiser mtw even though sound quality was best in true wireless. Why return? How about the unit losing charge while in case and case is fully charged. Huh? I left AirPods in case for over a week while testing mtw during gym sessions daily, and AirPods had the same battery level as left.
This generally how my battery is, they are relatively close every time I check them. That sucks you and a few others are having issues.
As for connection, I take mine out of the case and they are immediately connected, I tap the right side and tell it to play Tidal and it does. Everything works great!
I wonder if they have different iterations as it seems some work and some not so much.
Screenshot_2019-01-10-15-58-02.png

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #4,370 of 62,437
After using the MW07s for a few days I have to say that the sound profile on these is absolutely perfect for me. The bass hits hard, the separation and soundstage are on another level and I’m walking around with a massive grin on my face. I love these things!

They really are almost perfect except for lack of transparency mode and their short battery life. I don't really even care about transparency tbh.

I'd definitely pay for a battery upgrade if it was possible.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #4,371 of 62,437
They really are almost perfect except for lack of transparency mode and their short battery life. I'd fully pay for a battery upgrade if it was possible.

Transparency would be nice, but not essential on my commute. Battery life is fine for me too as my commute is only about an hour anyway and I’m guessing it’s the price you pay for a bigger driver.

Jan 19, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #4,372 of 62,437
A765611F-51BE-48AE-A7CF-90575231F5A5.png 65888156-357C-4AFC-AA94-AFF647125F17.png A58D39BA-FF43-45C8-96A1-A4B84FEADAA9.png A few screenshots of my returned mtw battery levels.

First photo was the moment I said "you are being returned" this was after a full charge inside the box. Tested full charge about 20-30 mins ago that day.

Second is how I started listening to music after full charge. And last pic is after sometime listening to music same session same day. When starting left has more charge, after listening to music for a while right has more charge ahahahaha. I am totally appalled by Sennheiser quality for the mtw.

Jan 19, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #4,373 of 62,437
A few screenshots of my returned mtw battery levels.

First photo was the moment I said "you are being returned" this was after a full charge inside the box. Tested full charge about 20-30 mins ago that day.

Second is how I started listening to music after full charge. And last pic is after sometime listening to music same session same day. When starting left has more charge, after listening to music for a while right has more charge ahahahaha. I am totally appalled by Sennheiser quality for the mtw.
Yep, shocking really. Both of my sets were just as bad, and went back. Still taken aback that they were released with such glaring faults.

Jan 19, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #4,374 of 62,437
Interesting discovery I made about the range as I'm wrapping up my review of the Aermoo B3's: while connected to my iPhone 7+ (BT4.2), I can get ~70ft away (not direct line-of-sight) before transmission starts getting interrupted. Using same test with my V30 (BT5), it's about 10-15 ft less. So, a source device's BT transmission capability trumps the BT version involved. I guess it really shouldn't be all that surprising but I was expecting the BT5 to BT5 between Tx/Rx would've been better but that's simply not the case. Of course, this is sample size of one and without advanced BT debugging equipment, one might not be able to tell what else is going on here but just sharing my findings FWIW.

Jan 19, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #4,376 of 62,437
I really want to try the MW07 now if they really are as great as you all say.

To order a set now or wait for the next model from M&D or Sennheiser....
I would not wait. Neither is likely to occur anytime soon. MW07 is less than 6 months old. Senns only about 6 weeks. I would not expect new models for either in 2019.

Jan 19, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #4,377 of 62,437
Yep, shocking really. Both of my sets were just as bad, and went back. Still taken aback that they were released with such glaring faults.
I think it was probably a mistake to offer separate battery levels down to the percentage. Way too many ways for things to get unbalanced. Software and hardware. Probably should have just stuck with a single battery meter like MW07. Not saying it's excusable but it was an ambitious goal and it is probably causing more problems than it's worth.

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #4,378 of 62,437
I really want to try the MW07 now if they really are as great as you all say.

To order a set now or wait for the next model from M&D or Sennheiser....

Didn’t the MW07 only come out in September? Just buy them and enjoy them, you could be waiting 6 months, or even a year, nobody knows.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #4,379 of 62,437
If they come out with a firmware update that actually fixes the case/battery drain issue, I would certainly look at re-purchasing. The only hesitation is the really plastic build. In contrast, the build and case on the E8 is quite satisfying, which I can get for around $200. I’m also trending away from micro USB, so should the MTW update come out around the time of the E8 v2, I may go with the E8, even though I do like the sound of the MTW a bit more.

Shoot, I have some $30 Chi-Fi units that hold a charge for over a week of non-use, no problem. There is no reason $300 brand name, high-end, audio equipment should have any of these issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back