1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291
293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302
Next

Last
  1. Tommy C
    Cult or not the sound of the iPhone X is much better compared to the Samsung S9 that a coworker has.
    Some of their products are very good and most importantly for most people are super dependable.

2. howdy
    This generally how my battery is, they are relatively close every time I check them. That sucks you and a few others are having issues.
    As for connection, I take mine out of the case and they are immediately connected, I tap the right side and tell it to play Tidal and it does. Everything works great!
    I wonder if they have different iterations as it seems some work and some not so much.
    Screenshot_2019-01-10-15-58-02.png

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    indigo likes this.
  3. KarimLeVallois
    After using the MW07s for a few days I have to say that the sound profile on these is absolutely perfect for me. The bass hits hard, the separation and soundstage are on another level and I’m walking around with a massive grin on my face. I love these things!

4. firewatersun
    They really are almost perfect except for lack of transparency mode and their short battery life. I don't really even care about transparency tbh.

I'd definitely pay for a battery upgrade if it was possible.

pitsel likes this.
  5. KarimLeVallois
    Transparency would be nice, but not essential on my commute. Battery life is fine for me too as my commute is only about an hour anyway and I’m guessing it’s the price you pay for a bigger driver.

6. donedj
    A765611F-51BE-48AE-A7CF-90575231F5A5.png 65888156-357C-4AFC-AA94-AFF647125F17.png A58D39BA-FF43-45C8-96A1-A4B84FEADAA9.png A few screenshots of my returned mtw battery levels.

First photo was the moment I said "you are being returned" this was after a full charge inside the box. Tested full charge about 20-30 mins ago that day.

Second is how I started listening to music after full charge. And last pic is after sometime listening to music same session same day. When starting left has more charge, after listening to music for a while right has more charge ahahahaha. I am totally appalled by Sennheiser quality for the mtw.

7. alchemical
    Yep, shocking really. Both of my sets were just as bad, and went back. Still taken aback that they were released with such glaring faults.

8. turbobb
    Interesting discovery I made about the range as I'm wrapping up my review of the Aermoo B3's: while connected to my iPhone 7+ (BT4.2), I can get ~70ft away (not direct line-of-sight) before transmission starts getting interrupted. Using same test with my V30 (BT5), it's about 10-15 ft less. So, a source device's BT transmission capability trumps the BT version involved. I guess it really shouldn't be all that surprising but I was expecting the BT5 to BT5 between Tx/Rx would've been better but that's simply not the case. Of course, this is sample size of one and without advanced BT debugging equipment, one might not be able to tell what else is going on here but just sharing my findings FWIW.

9. kiwikozo
    I really want to try the MW07 now if they really are as great as you all say.

To order a set now or wait for the next model from M&D or Sennheiser....

10. clerkpalmer
    I would not wait. Neither is likely to occur anytime soon. MW07 is less than 6 months old. Senns only about 6 weeks. I would not expect new models for either in 2019.

11. clerkpalmer
    I think it was probably a mistake to offer separate battery levels down to the percentage. Way too many ways for things to get unbalanced. Software and hardware. Probably should have just stuck with a single battery meter like MW07. Not saying it's excusable but it was an ambitious goal and it is probably causing more problems than it's worth.

SteveOliver likes this.
  12. KarimLeVallois
    Didn’t the MW07 only come out in September? Just buy them and enjoy them, you could be waiting 6 months, or even a year, nobody knows.

13. hifi80sman
    If they come out with a firmware update that actually fixes the case/battery drain issue, I would certainly look at re-purchasing. The only hesitation is the really plastic build. In contrast, the build and case on the E8 is quite satisfying, which I can get for around $200. I’m also trending away from micro USB, so should the MTW update come out around the time of the E8 v2, I may go with the E8, even though I do like the sound of the MTW a bit more.

Shoot, I have some $30 Chi-Fi units that hold a charge for over a week of non-use, no problem. There is no reason $300 brand name, high-end, audio equipment should have any of these issues.

14. hifi80sman
    Do it. You’ll forget they are TWEs.

15. SomeGuyDude
    Funny how the only TWE that reports battery life of both earpieces has everyone complaining about battery imbalance. Can't imagine the two are related.

indigo, howdy and kiwikozo like this.
First

Back
282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291
293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302
Next

Last