Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 19, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #4,383 of 62,479
I am worried they will make me not want to use my Earin M2. The perfect size, battery life, sound signature, comfort, and the app has really won me over.

However, I think I can make do with 2.5h of battery life if they charge quickly. Do the MW07 work well in a gym - any connection issues? Are they bright compared to the MTW?

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #4,385 of 62,479
I am worried they will make me not want to use my Earin M2. The perfect size, battery life, sound signature, comfort, and the app has really won me over.

However, I think I can make do with 2.5h of battery life if they charge quickly. Do the MW07 work well in a gym - any connection issues? Are they bright compared to the MTW?
I haven't had any connection issues in the gym.

I get around 3 hours with around 40-50% volume on an iPhone Xs max.

Jan 19, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #4,386 of 62,479

They will make you forget about your E2s. No issues in gym. Very stable fit. Rock solid connection. I'd probably take them off and use the when sweating alot.

Jan 19, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #4,387 of 62,479
Yep, I'm giving in and will buy the MW07 again but I want the Gray Terrazzo which is out of stock tell February.
Try Nordstrom.com

They had the Grey Terrazzo a few days ago at a store near me. They also seemed to have some in stock for shipping if there was nothing close for same day pickup.

Jan 19, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #4,388 of 62,479
I'm not happy with the earins, they just fit weird. I think I'll sell them and get the MW07 again, I wish they went on sale though, would be nice but UK is screwed for pricing. I'll wait till the Earins are shifted, then I'll order teh MW07. Just don't like the earin, the soundstage is whacky.for me, compared to the mw07's.

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #4,389 of 62,479
about battery drain, the WF1000X and the M2 has them too. if I don't use them for a few days the WF1000X would be dead when I take it out, and the M2 case sometimes has a lower battery level, but i haven't got it totally dead yet. the 65t don't seem to have that problem. the sabbat and mifo that arrived on 30th December? well, I'm using them everyday (sometimes wearing them to sleep and found them still on standby in the morning) and i haven't recharge the case at all

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #4,390 of 62,479
Try Nordstrom.com

They had the Grey Terrazzo a few days ago at a store near me. They also seemed to have some in stock for shipping if there was nothing close for same day pickup.
Thanks! I'll check that. I'm close to Nordstrom at Mall of America. I was just there 2 weeks ago I should have them out then.
When I had mine they where black which was fine but they grey are pretty bad ass looking.

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #4,392 of 62,479
As frustrating as the imbalance was, it was the charging case drain when idle that was the dealbreaker. Often finding the thing dead when it should have been 100%, along with the buds, was ridiculous.
Yeah, the “charge imbalance” issue to me is really just TMI. The biggest issue is the case draining any time it’s moved with the MTW in it.

Oh, I did a factory reset on mine (plug in case without MTW, put MTW in case and touch surfaces on both MTWs for more than 30 seconds) and things seem much improved. Thanks @dweaver. Haven’t had phantom drains on the MTWs since. But the case is still draining any time I carry it around with the MTWs inside it.

But man they sound so good. Got a bid in on MW07s and if it comes through I will try them again but the MTW are just so much better than anything I have tried.

Need to get off my a** and sell the E8s. They are easily the best built TW I have tried in terms of “fit and finish” type stuff.

Jan 19, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #4,393 of 62,479

I have no connection issues with MW07 in gym, while Earin M2 have more drop outs, partly because the AAC codec in my phone (LG V30) I guess, despite that MW07 use AAC as well. I still prefer M2 over MW07 for gym use, though. They're comparatively small and lightweight, feeling non-existent during workout, and I don't care too much about the sound quality in that circumstance. Besides, while MW07 work well for strength training and weight lifting, for running I can feel the thumping and also the rattling sound in the left earbud. I don't notice these in M2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back