Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 4, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #3,677 of 62,216
I guess it is matter of point of view, but I don’t see them as a serious option.

Yes certainly a matter of opinion. To me they are close enough to the E8 that I swap and switch between them. Neither is the outright winner, both have pros and cond

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #3,678 of 62,216
Am I alone in thinking a wireless charging case is completely pointless? Like, now instead of having a cable to charge the case, there's a pad... that needs a cable.

So now instead of plugging in your headphones, you put your headphones in a case which sits on a pad which is plugged in. What's next? The wireless charging pad that sits in a separate dock? Then the wireless charging pad dock that uses a stand?

And not only that, but how many charging pads are you gonna buy? Cables are dirt cheap and I have like thirty of 'em. I got one in the living room, one in the bedroom, one in the car, the case is always topped off for any situation. Or are people carrying around the charging pad in addition to the case?

For me wireless charging is going to become a must have once all small devices support it an we have wireless charging mats capable of charging multiple devices (and we are very close to this).

Exemple: if my smartphone, smart watch, and earphone case charge via Qi. If I have a charging mat on my bedside table and another one on my desk at work which can charge multiple device. I can forget about having the right type of cable or multiple cables: just place any device combination on the table/desk and they will charge seemlessly and simultaneously with no cable clutter.

Not to mention that that in the near future (in the present in some Asian countries) we will likely have Qi charging pads in public buildings/transport. In short and IMO, for charging small devices USB-C is a transition and Qi is the future standard.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #3,679 of 62,216
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/uni-world-s-most-advanced-true-wireless-earbuds#/

Seems like almost every new(in '18 & '19') Chi-Fi tws is using the buzz word 'graphene' as a marketing ploy.

These also look identical to my Havit I93, including identical charging case. Pretty funny when this "Canadian" company is showing pencil drawings of their design, etc.

The specs are supposedly way better. Touch controls (like the I96 someone posted a link to earlier), ipx7 waterproof, triple the battery life, wireless charging. Probably to be taken with a pinch of salt though :)

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #3,680 of 62,216
For me wireless charging is going to become a must have once all small devices support it an we have wireless charging mats capable of charging multiple devices (and we are very close to this).

Exemple: if my smartphone, smart watch, and earphone case charge via Qi. If I have a charging mat on my bedside table and another one on my desk at work which can charge multiple device. I can forget about having the right type of cable or multiple cables: just place any device combination on the table/desk and they will charge seemlessly and simultaneously with no cable clutter.

Not to mention that that in the near future (in the present in some Asian countries) we will likely have Qi charging pads in public buildings/transport. In short and IMO, for charging small devices USB-C is a transition and Qi is the future standard.

That's how I feel as well. I'm definitely hoping for Qi charging to start to spread into public spaces in the not too distant future. Then again, I've been hoping for this since my Nexus 6P years ago, so it's been a while already :)

Jan 4, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #3,681 of 62,216
I meant the QCY T1C/T1. For some reason here in Hong Kong, its called the QCY T1 rather than QCY T1C. However in Aliexpress its called the T1C or QS1 in their official QCY aliexpress store: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...with-dual-microphone/1455660_32930424839.html

I bought three of them as one will be my personal, the other one as a gift and the last one as a MOD experiment (replacing the driver with a dual balanced armature Knowles GQ). Fairly easy to disassemble with no glue holding the housing, just retainer clips, however when disassembling, I had to be careful not to break the clips.
A Chinese website has also made a teardown of the QCY T1C/T1: http://www.52audio.com/archives/8918.html
and the Sabbat X12 Pro: http://www.52audio.com/archives/6752.html
At the end of the page you'll see it uses the same chipset as Mifo O5 and the Sabbat X12 Pro and E12 Pro which is the Realtek RTL8763B. BTW, have you tried the Sabbat E12 Pro? I'm planning on buying the E12 Pro, it seems you have the X12 Pro.

Hadn't heard ot the E12 Pro but there is some info here https://www.price.com.hk/ec-product-detail.php?ecpid=69366
Apparently they no longer use the open earbuds design that's the unique feature of the X12 IMHO and have switched to a classic "silicone eartip" design.

BTW where can I get the testing too they're showing on that page :wink:

5b327d13ec33ea475970.jpg

As for the QCY T1 I never managed to make stay in my ears !

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #3,682 of 62,216
Hadn't heard ot the E12 Pro but there is some info here https://www.price.com.hk/ec-product-detail.php?ecpid=69366
Apparently they no longer use the open earbuds design that's the unique feature of the X12 and have switched to a classic "silicone eartip" design.

BTW where can I get the testing too they're showing on that page :wink:

5b327d13ec33ea475970.jpg

As for the QCY T1 I never managed to make stay in my ears !

Thanks, I could not resist so I got one my self, a local shop here in Kwun Tong, Hong Kong is selling it for HK$370 (original is HK$499). Initial impression of the Sabbat E12 Pro is good, far better than the T1C. Much smoother treble, and very clear midrange. However it might change after a few hours or days of burn in and usage. It uses silicone buds similar to Sony Hybrids. After checking, it also uses the same RTL8763B chipset, however their have done something different with the implementation of it as it seems to connect instantaneously to my phone, which is great. Microphone sensitivity is really good too, but not useable outside especially in the subway (MTR).
IMG_5545.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #3,683 of 62,216
Nice, do you confirm that they now seal the ear canal like the other TWEs out there ? That wouldn't make them as useful as the X12s for running (no thumping noise and minimal awareness)

As a side note I wonder how the Sabbats achieve the best battery life for TWEs at this time, is that 60mAh battery really out of the ordinary for TWEs ?

Jan 4, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #3,684 of 62,216
Which Chinese sound prompts are you referring to? I've only heard English from my Sabbat, "Power On" and "TWS Connected" when removing them from the case, and so on.

my Sabbat still uses Chinese prompt..unless there's a way to change it that i don't know t
yet. the Mifo is already having english prompt ootb

Thanks, I could not resist so I got one my self, a local shop here in Kwun Tong, Hong Kong is selling it for HK$370 (original is HK$499). Initial impression of the Sabbat E12 Pro is good, far better than the T1C. Much smoother treble, and very clear midrange. However it might change after a few hours or days of burn in and usage. It uses silicone buds similar to Sony Hybrids. After checking, it also uses the same RTL8763B chipset, however their have done something different with the implementation of it as it seems to connect instantaneously to my phone, which is great. Microphone sensitivity is really good too, but not useable outside especially in the subway (MTR).

i haven't tried the E12, and if it doesn't have voice thru/ambient mode i don't think i would get them..although I'm intrigued on the sound. can you by any chance compare the sound between the E12 to the X12? also do they have different chip than the X12?
ooo...and also how does it compare to the Mifos?

Jan 4, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #3,685 of 62,216
Nice, do you confirm that they now seal the ear canal like the other TWEs out there ? That wouldn't make them as useful as the X12s for running (no thumping noise and minimal awareness)

As a side note I wonder how the Sabbats achieve the best battery life for TWEs at this time, is that 60mAh battery really out of the ordinary for TWEs ?
I can confirm they seal, however, there is a small filtered hole at the side of the IEM, it helps to relieve the vacuum effect on the ears of a completely sealed IEMs, I might get the X12 too since I would need something open for running as well. The E12 Pro is meant for my daily commute to work.

Not really about the size of the batter since the Jabra 65T has an 85mAh battery but only rated for 5 hours. The reason why IEMs like the Sabbat, Mifo, etc. get a decent battery life is because of the chipset. They all use the Realtek RTL8763B chipset. It's a direct competitor to Qualcomm's QCC3026, both of them are low powered chipsets and only sips <6mAh for QCC3026 and <8mAh for the RTL8763B. Both of them also support fast charging and since I have collected TWS with all using Realtek's chipset, I can confirm they charge fast, long battery life, and strong signal quality.

Jan 4, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #3,687 of 62,216
Strange, mine was English when I got it. No idea if it can be changed.

I've just browsed an X12 seller on the net, and they stated that they ship units with English or Chinese prompt at random

Jan 4, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #3,688 of 62,216
That is actually one of the main reasons I decided to return the Senn MTW - I had some sound niggles and complaints about the case charging, but the real killer is what you experienced - my gf would refuse to talk to me after a min or so in to a call on the MTW - said it sounded horrible and impossible to understand me. Maybe they can fix it with an update, but I didn't want the MTW in their current state.
Any others with similar findings?
I'm still awaiting feedback from Sennheiser on this.

I have some good news; The crackling that I mentioned a while ago is a known fault, and will be fixed in firmware 1.24 OTA (Smart control app). Release some time this month. :L3000::call_me:
Nothing new regarding the "SBC noise" we discovered. :triportsad:

Jan 4, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #3,689 of 62,216
Best of luck, five sets had that hiss for me.

So, update on my Elite 65T left bud hiss.

Jabra sent me a brand spanking new left bud and guess what? The hiss is there, identical to a T!

Only really rears its ugly head once the volume goes up a certain step (and it's the exact same step!), and is a on/off affair - meaning that if I go down that particular volume "notch", the hiss pretty much disappears *at once*.

Again, feels more like a feature than a bug :frowning2: Let's see what Jabra says now...

Jan 4, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #3,690 of 62,216
So, update on my Elite 65T left bud hiss.

Jabra sent me a brand spanking new left bud and guess what? The hiss is there, identical to a T!

Only really rears its ugly head once the volume goes up a certain step (and it's the exact same step!), and is a on/off affair - meaning that if I go down that particular volume "notch", the hiss pretty much disappears *at once*.

Again, feels more like a feature than a bug :frowning2: Let's see what Jabra says now...

I faced the same hiss when standing near a big running Mashall blutooth spk. It seems blutooth band interfere. Happen on the left.
Walk out some steps it disappears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back